The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

To the people who work food service: I get it.

I do, I really do. I may have only worked as a dishwasher from 18-21, but I get it.

I just went to Dominos to get sober enough to drive. Tired from work, and gotta be up early and don't feel like cooking so I settle fo the shizznitiz that is Dominos. Unfortunately, a lot of other drunk shits had the same idea. It was my college's homecoming weekand tonight, and the volume was way too high. Had to wait over an hour for my food.

I ain't even mad.

Because I understand.

Not everyone can do a job like that where you're busting your ass for hardly a living wage, possibly not even sure where you wanna be in life and how to get there. Not everyone can deal with the spoiled white bitch that thinks a specialty Hawaian Pizza should take less than 20 minutes given how packed it is.

Hang in there food service man, I feel for you. Because when da booty isn't there, you are there, busting your ass at your job at that. You deserve far more respect than you get food service man.

I respect you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally agree and this is why I tip good when i eat out its so sad to see people mistreat these food service people because said people think the servers are beneath them or whatever, total shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Stupidity kills more people than Obesity, and Smoking combined.
    Now the question is, how do we get people to stop being stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You could probably do better. I have faith in you.
    Words to live by!

My favourite pizza company delivers me my pizza in 30 minutes. Considering they need to drive to my place, enter the building complex, go up the elevator and to my door as well as cook the pizza and they do it in 30 minutes, you can totally prepare a pizza in 15 mins.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelmc454 View Post
    I totally agree and this is why I tip good when i eat out its so sad to see people mistreat these food service people because said people think the servers are beneath them or whatever, total shame.
    IDK. They do an important role. It's like white collar people looking down on blue collar people.

I love the man that cleans my pipes.

I feel like that for people who work in call centers

Deleted
    Service service service. If the service is great I can wait an hour.
    Main problem is franchises want cheap Labour in the form of kids who are too young to give a shit about their job. Resulting in bad service.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    My favourite pizza company delivers me my pizza in 30 minutes. Considering they need to drive to my place, enter the building complex, go up the elevator and to my door as well as cook the pizza and they do it in 30 minutes, you can totally prepare a pizza in 15 mins.
    Assuming your oven is big enough to fit the current backlog of orders and you have enough people to actually prepare all of them. If your oven has room for 20 pizzas and you have 40 orders you can bet your ass that they will take longer as well .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Assuming your oven is big enough to fit the current backlog of orders and you have enough people to actually prepare all of them. If your oven has room for 20 pizzas and you have 40 orders you can bet your ass that they will take longer as well .
    By that logic that still means that a person at most has to wait half an hour for their pizza, which would be acceptable. The point is that if you can barely cater to 40 people with the manpower/equipment at hand, within an acceptable timeframe, you don't go around increase the seating places to 60 or even 80.

I think most people are like the OP, you got to a fast food joint, you see that half the staff called in sick and the only people who are work are the manager and the new trainee, things are going to be slow. I rarely see people rage, after a half an hour I've seen people get an up and leave but they might've had some place to be.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    By that logic that still means that a person at most has to wait half an hour for their pizza, which would be acceptable. The point is that if you can barely cater to 40 people with the manpower/equipment at hand, within an acceptable timeframe, you don't go around increase the seating places to 60 or even 80.
    I know quite a few people that worked in gastronomy and they almost never had the full staff at hand, unless they had parties or they expected a lot of people because of exceptionally good weather or events like the soccer world championship. Not all people actually want something to eat either. I guess it would depend on what kind of place his favorite pizza place is .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    IDK. They do an important role. It's like white collar people looking down on blue collar people.

Right? Guess they just need to feel important about themselves
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Stupidity kills more people than Obesity, and Smoking combined.
    Now the question is, how do we get people to stop being stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You could probably do better. I have faith in you.
    Words to live by!

Deleted
    I've never had a problem with pizza places. I always get it within 10 minutes. No matter how many people are there. Only have had problems with places like mcdonalds.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In my experience its often the managers at those places who are the worst to the employees. Customers can be shit but the managers are ALWAYS shit.

I understand when a place is busy, but when their are 2 people waiting on orders after 15 minutes I expect you could have my order of fries up.

Think those situations are bad, I do service/repair work, had a woman call up at 715AM with a problem, Im unloading/loading my truck for the day, tell her I can be to her house in about 45 minutes, she says that is too long that she will call someone else and hangs up.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

Sounds hot.