Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Best Religious Music?

Not a thread about religion per se, simply about appreciating religious music (I hope that is allowed?)

There are some great religious songs out there, what's your favorite? My pick is this masterpiece:

For some reason I like "Gospel" - not that I listen to it daily or is in my playlist - but I don't mind hearing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it has any form of choir I pretty much find it all welcome to hear once in a while.
    Then I always liked the, in lack of a better description, African rhythm chanting and simple instruments.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Bach's Mass in B Minor:

10+ Year Old Account
    Buddhist chants/mantras

Well I can definitively say that there really isn't any Islamic music so that's off the table. I can also imo say that the worst religious music is gospel. I mean omg. How you people can tolerate that stuff without losing iq points by the second and reverting to Neanderthals is beyond me. oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    I can also imo say that the worst religious music is gospel. I mean omg. How you people can tolerate that stuff without losing iq points by the second and reverting to Neanderthals is beyond me. oh wait.
    D: some gospel I've heard sounds like a party - aslong as you don't take the lyrics too seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baba Yetu, that song written for the intro to Civ 4 by Christopher Tin. Its the Swahili translation of the Lord's Prayer.

Dislike religion, but I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Well I can definitively say that there really isn't any Islamic music so that's off the table.
    Huh? Yes there is, they are called nasheeds and can be very beautiful.

(Waiting for people to label the song as promoting terrorism)

10+ Year Old Account
    Church organ can be really good imo.

Deleted
    Does "epic" music count as religious music? I know of some cool and calm ones that I like that have some religious elements to it but that just due the theme.

I really like this song a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exception View Post
    Many find the aggressive tone in Arabic language to be the problem.
    Me included, but I dont have to go far. I find Persian quite likeable.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

It's not best religious music unless it has black people in it.

Last edited by Independent voter; 2015-10-17 at 02:49 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted

I can't really call that singing, to each their own.

Deleted
    KD Lang - Hallelujah Winter Olympic opening (2011 i think)

Deleted

I find the ISIS national anthem nasheed quite beautiful actually. Am I a bad person?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HinD View Post
    Not a thread about religion per se, simply about appreciating religious music (I hope that is allowed?)

There are some great religious songs out there, what's your favorite? My pick is this masterpiece:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bosouX_d8Y

Some will know Schubert's masterpiece from "Hitman" video games series only.