Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Gold making in wod ? What I'm I missing?

So I came back a few days ago ( break last january )and I'm listening to people saying that they made extreme amounts of gold this exp. I'm wondering what am I doing wrong and I'm not on this side of the wallet size?lol .I mean did I miss something really huge while I was away? Is it really just garrison gold missions?I'm not an altoholic btw.Just one char. Pre-wod I did awesome gold just by farming zandalari warbringer bags( 10k/day ) ...
    Is the wow token worth buying ?for gold?

Any suggestions welcome.

Whether the token's worth it depends on 2 factors:
    your IRL resources (Do you have enough disposable income that the money you spend on WoW doesn't really matter to you?)
    how much gold you have/make (what would you be spending your gold on otherwise?)

Personally I haven't bothered with the token, but might do so if I can ever be bothered getting a bit more gold together.

Ppl used to farm the big 4 on the new 'timeless isle' u got lucky and found medallion of the legion ez gold 7-10k each now the prices have drop down to 4k-5k but still if u;re in need u can farm those , new weekly missions gave you medallion a mount oil or huge ogre cache or the void trinket all could have been sold for stupid amount of gold when they were 1st time live still they sell and u can get out of the poor area of the wallet.

These are some quick tips u can get some easy gold without to much trouble sadly atm your quite late into the xpac and professions dont offer the same ridiculous amount of gold basically for every patch the professions got some upgrades to the crafting gear that sold really well.
    All in all with professions garrison tannan jungle isle even if u logged few days ago and decide to play casually you can catch up in gold in few weeks you should make like hefty amount of gold.

Farm the rares kill kazzak maybe get a barn ( savage blood still sells decent 2 days ago last time i logged got 900g for 10 and u get 6/day so theres that).
    I think you should be able to get an average of 15k/week even if u play casually and follow the above tips.

hopefully those help and maybe some other ppl can jump in and advice you aswell more tips more ways more money mo problems

It's pretty much Garrison missions, yes. Between the introduction of the "Treasure Hunter" follower trait and the subsequent gold nerf, one character could reliably bank about 2k/day just from missions. Add in a L3 Salvage Yard, and you could make even more gold just vendoring everything in the crates (or even playing the AH with some of the drops).

During this time, I had 11 alts in a maxed out garrison (with SYs) and was easily making 25k/day with minimal effort; it could have been more, but I would only requeue missions twice per day.

Even after the gold nerf, I'm still getting about 10k/day from missions (including naval) alone (I've scrapped the SYs due to getting tired of dealing with the crates), and as a bonus, sell off the char ilvl 675 mission stuff (exp pots, legion medallions, oil/GR crates).

Buying the WoW token with gold is a question that is best answered with another question: how much gold is $15 worth to you?

For the token part, after blizzard changed something with the tokens in MAY, the token started to increase in price, now is over 32k+ and i expect it ending at 40k by the end of the expansion. I stoped buying them when the token hit 30k, with 30k i can buy 2 months of gametime with a friend..

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies guys. I bought the token just now because I was running extremely low on gold. It was 60k on my server which was not that bad imo.

Run cata 25 man heroics. Tons of gold per boss. Doing them all will get you about 5000-6000g.

And yes, get followers itemlevel 645+, have a level 3 inn building for treasure missions, and run those gold missions with a treasure bonus follower.

wow .. the us tokens are at 30 ish k use to be as low as 20k ... missions and farming old content are still the way to go ...

I seem to get a little less than 1000g per character per day in mission gold from my garrison, from my very, VERY NON-optimized garrisons (I've recruited 1 treasure hunter at most for any of them).

14 oct TSM says garrison missions 236,437 gold
    17 oct TSM says garrison missions 258,090 gold

You get the idea.

I just do treasure missions. Getting around 3k gold pr day from that alone. Not even bothered with the professions which would probably be further 3k.
    Sometimes i buy stuff from garrison resources when i cap up on that and sell the raw mats.
    Nearing gold cap without effort, and paying for our raid at the same time.

About the gold token. Depends on how much money you have irl. I just buy it with RL money. I like to have gold ingame
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Even if you are not an altholic: Think about playing one or two chars besides your main. And by "playing" I mean get them to level 100, get an Level 3 Inn, Salvage Yard and Barracks and a level 1 trading post and just let them run missions. Everyweek you go to the Inn and recruit either a scavenger or a treasure hunter. If you have 3000-4000 garrison ressources just trade them for either meat, fish or just dust for additional income.
    I got the goldcap two weeks ago and I wasn't even really trying. Sometime I did not log in with the alt at all, I never send more than 2 times a day, usuall only one time (takes around ~15-20 Minutes for 5 Chars).
    I also take one hour every week to open all the crates I got while watching some random movie.

The garrison alt farm train has already left. Follower missions and salvage yard received a significant nerf in 6.2.

For people with maxed out garrisons (all followers 675 with 15+ TH) it's worth it to continue to use them, as they still generate a decent amount of money, but to create a new garrison alt farm from scratch is no longer worth it. Better spend that time soloing cata raids and/or farming the 4 tanaan champions instead.

Quote Originally Posted by geist0r View Post
    The garrison alt farm train has already left. Follower missions and salvage yard received a significant nerf in 6.2.

For people with maxed out garrisons (all followers 675 with 15+ TH) it's worth it to continue to use them, as they still generate a decent amount of money, but to create a new garrison alt farm from scratch is no longer worth it. Better spend that time soloing cata raids and/or farming the 4 tanaan champions instead.
    The nerf was not that big.

I'm making about 70-80k/week only from gold missions and salvage yard (rare missions aside) by logging in twice a day. And I haven't even bothered with professions/AH/Cata raids.

Total earned since 6.1 about 3M.

That's ridiculous. You get 750g/day for each alt you visit just from gold missions alone even if you just have a couple of treasure hunters.

You don't need to "optimize" your garrison in any way. Just get each character's garrison to level 3 with a level 3 inn, and visit it once or twice a day per character. It really is too much gold to pass up. Pay as much or as little attention to the shipyard as you feel like. Ignore the mine/herbs. Do crafting cooldowns and rush orders if you feel like it or don't if you don't. But just the gold from ordinary gold missions and inn treasure missions is a lot of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post

I'm making about 70-80k/week only from gold missions and salvage yard (rare missions aside) by logging in twice a day. And I haven't even bothered with professions/AH/Cata raids.
    Farming obsolete raids doesn't even begin to compare with the garrison as a source of gold per hour. Takes me maybe 15-25 minutes to log into 10 characters and spam missions. That once or twice a day is good for about 8k gold just by itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrison's were netting me easily 40k per week. At 5 toons running gold missions all week, it was very lucrative.

Then they nerfed it. Deserved, I understand, but fun while it lasted.

It takes like 3-5 minutes to check an alt twice a day and even my alts that are still gearing out their followers can make 500-1k gold per day. I think it would take about 10-15 minutes in a 25H Cata raid to make 500-1k. I personally try to do both as I am still trying to get the Rag and Deathwing mounts anyway, but even a growing garrison is more profitable with less time.

The nerf really only took it from being absolutely absurd (40-60k per day checking 11 characters) to still being the most lucrative money maker by unit time outside of playing the AH (8-12k per day checking 11 characters).
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2015-10-19 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX
    It certainly was. The missions with 150-225 baseline gold, which are now almost nonexistent outside of wednesday, as well as HM, BRF and Blingtron made a very noticeable difference. Now, just for this week, I'm averaging 924g per character per day, which is easily 30-50% less than what it used to be. Since 6.2 hit, I've had a total of two Blingtron missions appear.
    The change to the salvage yard was even more significant. Before 6.2, you could gear 25 followers from 0 to max within two to three months time from it, without spending a single GR at the bunker (which was bad anyway). Now, some of my characters with a roster that was halfway there when 6.2 hit are STILL not there now. Not to mention that level 100 missions would always drop a crate before the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj
    But just the gold from ordinary gold missions and inn treasure missions is a lot of gold.
    Never said it wasn't. I said it's nowhere near to what it used to be, which is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj
    Farming obsolete raids doesn't even begin to compare with the garrison as a source of gold per hour. Takes me maybe 15-25 minutes to log into 10 characters and spam missions. That once or twice a day is good for about 8k gold just by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154
    It takes like 3-5 minutes to check an alt twice a day and even my alts that are still gearing out their followers can make 500-1k gold per day. I think it would take about 10-15 minutes in a 25H Cata raid to make 500-1k. I personally try to do both as I am still trying to get the Rag and Deathwing mounts anyway, but even a growing garrison is more profitable with less time.
    You guys seem to forget the time it takes to level good number of alts, bring their garrisons up to par, recruit and level followers, THs and Harrison Jones, and gear them all up. Setting up a proper garrison alt farm takes months. Or did you conjure all that out of thin air?

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    best answered with another question: how much gold is $15 worth to you?
    *$20 though

You guys seem to forget the time it takes to level good number of alts, bring their garrisons up to par, recruit and level followers, THs and Harrison Jones, and gear them all up. Setting up a proper garrison alt farm takes months. Or did you conjure all that out of thin air?
    You don't need a "proper" garrison. You certainly don't need Harrison Jones. You need maybe 3 treasure hunters out of 20 followers, which you will probably get without recruiting one. You don't need follower gear from salvage. It does take months but it makes gold all the while that you do it. If you go about your L3 garrison + L3 tavern in a slack, lazy, totally non-OCD way it will still make 500-800g/day out of thin air for you as long as you visit it once/day and clear a bunch of missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    For the token part, after blizzard changed something with the tokens in MAY, the token started to increase in price, now is over 32k+ and i expect it ending at 40k by the end of the expansion. I stoped buying them when the token hit 30k, with 30k i can buy 2 months of gametime with a friend..
    We'll never know without access to their analytics, but my guess would be most of the people interested in buying tokens for $20 to be listed got their itch scratched and left or just started paying $15/mo or even started paying for their time using gold now that they've reached a point where the nest egg they purchased got them where they wanted to be.

WoW tokens are pure supply and demand, there's just not the supply there so what ones are selling are going for more.