Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    It can be done, but the line cook is working with the station he has, not the station he wants.
    It's fairly easy to do when I used to get asked for that when I was a broil cook I would mark the steak on the grill and toss it in the microwave with a ramikin of water in it for 45 seconds to a minute lol. Then you toss is back on the grill for a min and wha la "best steak I have ever had"

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    How do you cook a steak 145-150 degrees, rest the steak and have it remain "juicy"? Explain the process to me.

I know of no culinary institution that considers 145 degrees acceptable. Well done can be up to 160 degrees, btw.
    I've never tried it with beef, but I can magick this with a pork loin: Pan sear on high heat, transfer to a sheet, in a 500F oven. Wait a few minutes. Turn the oven off. Do not disturb. When your probe thermometer hits 145F, take the thing out. It'll be light pink all the way through, and not abused by heat to lose the little fat and moisture it had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    It's fairly easy to do when I used to get asked for that when I was a broil cook I would mark the steak on the grill and toss it in the microwave with a ramikin of water in it for 45 seconds to a minute lol. Then you toss is back on the grill for a min and wha la "best steak I have ever had"
    Yeah, so like, there isn't a microwave in my restaurant.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    a1 steak sauce just tastes like really salty saucier ketchup to me. yuck.
    I have never tasted A1 sauce. Is that american only?

I've never tried it with beef, but I can magick this with a pork loin: Pan sear on high heat, transfer to a sheet, in a 500F oven. Wait a few minutes. Turn the oven off. Do not disturb. When your probe thermometer hits 145F, take the thing out. It'll be light pink all the way through, and not abused by heat to lose the little fat and moisture it had.
    Pork is different from beef.

Water will vaporize from all steaks cooked 150+. It's just a blunt fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like my steaks medium, however most franchise steakhouses only know how to cook rare or well done, I can never get a nice pink steak. I don't like mine soft and bloody and if it is well done, I might as well order a burger. So, I usually just order burgers.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

UHM why not? microwaves aren't THAT expensive...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    I have never tasted A1 sauce. Is that american only?
    i don't think so.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If it was dried up you might want to learn about the wonders of not ordering meat well done.
    I used to love well-done steak til life forced me to eat it medium for tenderness.

Now i think well-done steak tastes like shoe-leather.

Sorry to say but contrary to popular belief you don't need a fucking sous vide fountain to make juicy tender well done meat. The meat is more tender if you cook it properly for longer.

Unfortunately cooking it properly means A. Not over an open flame. and B. not just keeping it on one temperature for the entire cook. But yeah.. well and medium well done properly ends up a lot more tender than rare. In fact that's why you cook meat, is to make it more tender.

If it's well done and dry, it's not well done it's fucking ruined. L2cook instead of barking bullshit cliche lines about stupid bullshitness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Fryer works as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Sorry to say but contrary to popular belief you don't need a fucking sous vide fountain to make juicy tender well done meat. The meat is more tender if you cook it properly for longer.

Unfortunately cooking it properly means A. Not over an open flame. and B. not just keeping it on one temperature for the entire cook. But yeah.. well and medium well done properly ends up a lot more tender than rare. In fact that's why you cook meat, is to make it more tender.

If it's well done and dry, it's not well done it's fucking ruined. L2cook instead of barking bullshit cliche lines about stupid bullshitness.
    Reminds me of how I used to cook ribs. I'd marinade them overnight and then wrap them in foil before slow cooking them on the grill for 3 to 4 hours. The meat was very flavorful and would just fall off the bones.

These days I like my steaks medium-rare.

A1 is the best kind of ketchup. Tomato ketchups are too sweet. I love my raisin and vinegar assault to the face hole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abajaba View Post
    A1 is the best kind of ketchup. Tomato ketchups are too sweet. I love my raisin and vinegar assault to the face hole.
    ketchup is so gross. people who put ketchup on steak disgust me.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    ketchup is so gross. people who put ketchup on steak disgust me.
    I agree, ketchup is for omelettes.

Eh, I've made mistakes ordering something I thought was something else too. Fortunately I'm pretty easy going when it comes to food. (Except crab, how you people eat these bugs of the sea I'll never understand)

Live and learn though! It was nice of you to not make a big fuss about it. You'll know for next time though. Making mistakes is part of life. People who claim you should have just known better are just being hypocrites, they've made plenty of mistakes where someone else said "why didn't that person know better" too.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Eh, I've made mistakes ordering something I thought was something else too. Fortunately I'm pretty easy going when it comes to food. (Except crab, how you people eat these bugs of the sea I'll never understand)

Live and learn though! It was nice of you to not make a big fuss about it. You'll know for next time though. Making mistakes is part of life. People who claim you should have just known better are just being hypocrites, they've made plenty of mistakes where someone else said "why didn't that person know better" too.
    You eat crab with butter.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    You eat crab with butter.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Do you eat lobster or crawfish?

Do you eat lobster or crawfish?
    I can tolerate lobster. I don't like crawfish at all. Fake crab is great, it doesn't taste anything like crab.

I can tolerate lobster. I don't like crawfish at all. Fake crab is great, it doesn't taste anything like crab.
    You do realize that lobster is a insect just like crab right?

You do realize that lobster is a insect just like crab right?
    I don't have an actual problem with the fact that the meat comes from crustaceans. It was just a derogatory term towards the crabs. : P I just really really don't like how crab tastes. I like shrimp well enough though too.