28. This poll is closed
  • Yes

4 14.29%
  • No

24 85.71%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Would You Feel Scared if You Saw These People?

Would you feel threatened or at least a little uneasy if you saw people dressed in such a manner roaming around your town/neighbourhood?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not once I realize they're not ninjas.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

No. Why would it?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

dat designer bag tho

7+ Year Old Account
    erm no? why would i?

Formerly known as Arafal

The second one isn't a very good example of a scary muslim, as it looks like a prince of sorts. But yes, an increasing presence of burqas and Shariah law supporters certainly wouldn't make me feel very comfortable.

No. What. Why?

There are lots of Middle Eastern people in my area. The family across the way are from Saudi Arabia, very nice people. The family a few doors down is from India. About 2 1/2 miles from me is a thriving Middle Eastern neighborhood with lots of restaurants and shops. I work with a man from Pakistan and he's a fantastic doctor & employee.

They're just people, dude.

I'd be confused why people left their old country only to bring the same old shit to a new country. Why bother leaving?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    The second one isn't a very good example of a scary muslim, as it looks like a prince of sorts. But yes, an increasing presence of burqas and Shariah law supporters certainly wouldn't make me feel very comfortable.
    Its a snazzy robe, to be sure. It looks so much more comfortable than a suit. I wonder where someone gets one of those. I could just sit around in my snazzy white robe with gold cufflinks.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I'd be confused why people left their old country only to bring the same old shit to a new country. Why bother leaving?
    Diné bizaadísh dinitsʼaʼ?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The first picture would make me feel uneasy because to me those all-covering burqa's are a symbol of oppression and degradation. They're a horrible expression of fundamentalist interpretations of the Qur'an.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is pretty pointless since its just going to be a circle jerk of everyone trying to show how tolerant and accepting they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shynra View Post
    The first picture would make me feel uneasy because to me those all-covering burqa's are a symbol of oppression and degradation. They're a horrible expression of fundamentalist interpretations of the Qur'an.
    Their face, that other woman's tits, both covered for stupid religious reasons.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Diné bizaadísh dinitsʼaʼ?
    No cuz I'm not in New Mexico/Arizona, I'd be speaking Blackfoot But this also 2015, not 1715

15+ Year Old Account
    No.

I'd be worried the bottom guy was too poor to buy climate-appropriate clothes though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nobody would want to jihad my town, it's just too insignificant. I would just assume they live somewhere nearby since I can't even claim to know 1% of the people in my area. No real reason to feel threatened in anyway.
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

I'm not a fan of people who conceal their face but the guy in the second pic looks friendly.

Threatened or scared? Don't think so, however it would depend on how many of them I see and how they are behaving.
    But uneasy or uncomfortable? Sure.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2015-10-18 at 06:50 PM.

The former would be a bit awkward in social situations I think, not being able to see their facial expressions.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    The former would be a bit awkward in social situations I think, not being able to see their facial expressions.
    They could totally be giving you the gears from under there.