Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Gun-wielding gang of Israeli settlers attack British volunteer in West Bank

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6693986.html

A 66-year-old British man volunteering in the West Bank received emergency treatment after being attacked by a gang of gun-wielding Israeli settlers hurling rocks at him.

David Amos, a retired publishing company worker, was struck in the head by a rock as he tried to protect Palestinian farmers during the olive harvest.

He was evacuated from the area by ambulance and taken to a hospital in Nablus, where he received five stitches.

He told The Independent the group of settlers came down a hill from the direction of the Yizhar settlement towards Palestinian farmland near the village of Burin where he and two other British women. ''There were eight or nine of the settlers, all masked and they were carrying large rocks.''

Mr Amos said that the settlers fired gunshots as they approached, causing him to sit on the ground and yell to his colleagues to take cover. ''They were shouting at us 'go' in English and also shouting in Hebrew. A man stood no more than four feet from me and threw this rock which hit me on the back of the head. I was sitting upright and I fell over on my side and then he and two others kicked me. The women were shouting 'we are British' so they knew we were British before the rock was thrown.''

Watch the video below filmed after the incident, showing the settlers attacking the car belonging to a Palestinian farmer
    Will David Cameron stand up for his citizens? Enough is enough. It's bad enough that these settlers are stealing land but they are also assaulting and almost killing aid workers as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Will David Cameron stand up for his citizens? Enough is enough. It's bad enough that these settlers are stealing land but they are also assaulting and almost killing aid workers as well?
    What do you expect Cameron to do? Invade Israel? Send them a strongly worded letter of disapproval?

It's a matter for the British Embassy, not the British Prime Minister.

I would like to hear the facts on how this gentleman knew they were Israelis.
    Since they had masks on and all.

Not saying they were not..just asking how they knew.

Dunno if it's true or not
    but i can reply to Exception

i'm not sure if it's related to this story, since it was not published anywhere in israeli news.
    but right now a new site reported a settler was arrested by using force.
    http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4713102,00.html
    (you can google translate it)

so saying authorities ignore settlers is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    Dunno if it's true or not
    but i can reply to Exception

i'm not sure if it's related to this story, since it was not published anywhere in israeli news.
    but right now a new site reported a settler was arrested by using force.
    http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4713102,00.html
    (you can google translate it)

so saying authorities ignore settlers is a lie.
    Even if one was arrested it doesn't change the fact that 92% are not.

I would agree that the government is not trying hard enough to stop settlers.
    And i would say the settlers are religious fanatic, almost as bad as Palestinians.

but.. it's still not true that authorities are ignoring them.. you live in qatar so you don't hear the news here.
    i hear about settlers that are haressing arabs going to jail all the time.

but even though i say all that... you have no idea what the palastinians are doing to them.. rocks.. molotove cocktails... burning cars..
    so you show me a story about some guy getting hit by a rock.. alright. i think these guys should get detained.
    but i can't really be too empathetic, when today a palastinian stabbed a soldier to death, stole his M16, then shot 11 other people..

10+ Year Old Account
    They were wielding guns, firing them, but hitting people with rocks?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    I would like to hear the facts on how this gentleman knew they were Israelis.
    Since they had masks on and all.

Not saying they were not..just asking how they knew.
    They were carrying firearms in the West Bank. Palestinians don't have access to firearms in the West Bank. If you see armed folk it's almost certain they are settlers.

Deleted
    Do we really need more of these threads

Quote Originally Posted by I am me not you View Post
    Do we really need more of these threads
    Yes. Yes we do.

People need to be aware that there are two sides to this story, and not just the the bullshit narrative Israel is selling the world.

BDS. Boycott, Divest, Sanction Israel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    They were wielding guns, firing them, but hitting people with rocks?
    They ran out of bullets and loaded their guns with rocks, duh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    What do you expect Cameron to do? Invade Israel? Send them a strongly worded letter of disapproval?

It's a matter for the British Embassy, not the British Prime Minister.
    Whenever an act of arab terrorism is committed anywhere, whether it involves British citizens or not, Cameron somehow feels the need to "condemn" it, as if that would make any difference and wasn't just a cheap stunt to get votes off the UKIP/national security crowd. The fact he isn't doing so here suggests a lack of consistency.

Perhaps you feel like the hollow and impotent rhetoric he comes out with should be discontinued on general principle, but if he is going to keep doing it, as he undoubtedly will, then he should be consistent.

Mihalik
    I totally agree with you

and i suggest you go one step further with your boycotting and do it properly:
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/jesus...20698877940154
    or
    http://prepperchimp.com/2014/07/22/s...to-start-with/

or if you want a video guide:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Whenever an act of arab terrorism is committed anywhere, whether it involves British citizens or not, Cameron somehow feels the need to "condemn" it, as if that would make any difference and wasn't just a cheap stunt to get votes off the UKIP/national security crowd. The fact he isn't doing so here suggests a lack of consistency.

Perhaps you feel like the hollow and impotent rhetoric he comes out with should be discontinued on general principle, but if he is going to keep doing it, as he undoubtedly will, then he should be consistent.
    Cameron does not comment on every act of violence towards British Citizens committed abroad, to think he would, or should, do is utterly retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Cameron does not comment on every act of violence towards British Citizens committed abroad, to think he would, or should, do is utterly retarded.
    Which is exactly the point. Has the killers been ISIS sympathizers he'd be there delivering his solemn speech and looking concerned. Because it is a bunch of mad as batshit jews it is all OK apparently.

Which is exactly the point. Has the killers been ISIS sympathizers he'd be there delivering his solemn speech and looking concerned. Because it is a bunch of mad as batshit jews it is all OK apparently.
    So now they're killers?

Stay tuned folks, as this story develops!

10+ Year Old Account
    The bloke didn't die.

And they will be punished, since Israel punishes criminals.
    Anti-Israel people, can, of course, think otherwise.

Deleted
    Saw a movie from a palestinian mosque not too long ago calling for the brothers and sisters to walk among the israeli and stab them as many times as they could... Sentiments like thst have a tendency to provoke a string backlash.

Im of the opinion that a two state solution will never work, israel is a rare flower of prosperity democracy and peace in a bloody and unruly middle east, palestinia on the other hand is a dime a dozen islamic ruled dictatorship..

Imo the best solution now would be for israel to finish what it started, deal with the backlash for a couple if decennia and then prosper.. Hopefully inspiring countries sround it as it dies.

Thats just my opinion, obviously strictly speakinug this is unacceptable.. But there are a lot of emotions flying about in those lands