Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    People thinking she'll do some things better because she's a woman are all idiots.
    I agree, same goes for the people thinking she'd be worse just because she's a woman.

Deleted
    i have to live with merkel, and i can tell you: no, it makes absolutöly no difference

all i can recomend you to do is look at the actual plans she has. i'd prefer sanders as an outsider looking in

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thogwar View Post
    Because of Hillary or a woman in general?
    Strong mix of both, more woman in general though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Answer to the question? No There are already female prime ministers in charge of countries, what the difference? really? Nothing.

As to hillary, herself, it will be the first president to get elected with having bad controversy, rather than being black or simply a woman.

Internally no difference.

There are too many people in the government for one person really to make that much of a difference in the decision making processes itself, with all the checks and balances. Even something as simple as a budget; the president can recommend a budget to congress but the speaker of the house or the leader of the senate doesn't even have to put it for a floor vote. Hillary for all her talks about bringing needed change to government because she is a woman is, ideologically, shooting right down the middle between Bill Clinton and Barak Obama. If she is elected expect more of the same.

Externally there are a number of misogynistic leaders that would not take a female leader seriously, unless force was applied, and even then would joke about emotionalism.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

It's about who would be best for the job not if they are male or female or black, white, or brown etc. But just like obama you will have that group of people that will vote for them just because ________ and not because they are the better candidate. And that will happen again with hillary just because woman even though she's the last thing the country needs as it doesn't need 3rd term obama.

People think it makes difference what color or gender someone is in politics but it doesn't mean a thing a democrat is a democrat and republican is a republican no matter what they look like. The politician will play all the cards they can to win but in the end it makes no difference in what they will do for the country.
    Last edited by Wow; 2015-10-18 at 10:51 PM.

The United States is the only first world country where this question is even a thing.

Quite a few countries have already had female commander-in-chiefs in recent history. All of which were just as lame as their male political counterparts.

What makes anybody think Hillary Clinton would have trouble being bought off by corporations, starting unnecessary wars and breaking promises?

I have no reason to think so. in the case of clinton we know she is a hawk and voted for the Iraq war. I really don't think a woman thought proccess is that different from a man's. sure there can be different motivations but that can be said for anyone with an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

Being a warhawk is not a male only privilege. Women can do it just as well.

And no, it wouldn't make a single pinch of a difference. Same old same old.

Alas I SERIOUSLY doubt Hillary will win the primaries, let alone the elections. I'm calling a Sanders Presidency now, with a 90% certainty. Repubs are already switching to Bernie bashing.

Backwards countries with poor views regarding women will object even more (mainly looking as muslim countries)

Personally I doubt it'll be anything different outside of the "controversy" that the news will stir up if there's not much else going that they can spin for a nice episodic story for ratings. When it come to how things are actually run, I doubt it'll matter at all since the President is hardly the one deciding factor of everything with the current system of checks and balances. As a candidate, there'll always be a group of people who vote just because "that person is X" regardless of what their policies may end up being when they actually run.

In my eyes, I'll do my research and compare policies of the available candidates and choose where my votes there regardless of gender, race, or creed.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    Externally there are a number of misogynistic leaders that would not take a female leader seriously, unless force was applied, and even then would joke about emotionalism.
    Angela Merkel. No force applied. Everyone collectively shits their pants when she enters a room.

Margaret Thatcher. Known for taking a massive dump on the pride of a military dictatorship.

Than there's this woman.

Immortal, worked as a mechanic during WW2, and probably eats the hearts of babies for tea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    You don't want a woman to lead your country, take it from the British. We tried it. It sucked. Don't do it.

Not counting monarchs, since they're literally bred to rule.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2015-10-18 at 11:17 PM.

Deleted
    I think people would take a female president less seriously initially. She can't really give an "epic" speech that inspires trust in her as a leader. The female voice simply isn't assertive/strong enough to have that effect on people in the same way that a male voice has. So I think she would have to act more than she inspires which may very well result in a reckless display of power. I think a female president would be a lot more ruthless, a 'warhawk" as someone else put it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You don't want a woman to lead your country, take it from the British. We tried it. It sucked. Don't do it.

Not counting monarchs, since they're literally bred to rule.
    The problem with Margaret Thatcher was that she was a conservative.

Considering how the conservatives today continue to try to erode any rights that a woman has it feels moronic to me for a female to be a member of a conservative party.

Having a female leader of a left wing or progressive party has a better chance of working because anyone that believes in equal rights for women shouldn't really have a problem with the leader being a woman. They can certainly have problems with her for other reasons.

I myself like Hilary but I prefer Bernie Sanders. I value the policies of reining in Wall street at the 1% more than choosing to have the first female president.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. I have no issues voting for a female President just as soon as a good one decides to run.

If she's a feminist or susceptible to effects of menopause/pms.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2015-10-19 at 02:13 AM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I sincerely doubt it.

Also, what's up with CNN flat-out lying about Hillary and that debate? Really scummy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Pathological lying and douchebaggery knows no gender. Merkel's also probably the most powerful and prominent politician in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I'm calling a Sanders Presidency now, with a 90% certainty.
    God help us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Strong mix of both, more woman in general though.
    I would call that sexist if it wasn't for the fact you might write me off as another "SJW Libtard" or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Myx View Post
    Politicians are politicians, I don't think it matters (it shouldn't, at least) what skin colour they have or what gender they are. Everyone makes different decisions, I don't see how her being a woman is going to influence decisions.
    Obama and many of his supporters have shown skin colour does matter. Many black people voted for him purely because of this and he spoke out at many more black incidents than other presidents at white ones.