Poll: What are your thoughts on this Character Login Screen?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question New character login screen? Could this be something ? (Video)

Hi there people.
    I came across this thought when i entered a new game i haven't played for a long time ago and i saw this character login screen.
    What came up in my mind pretty fast was that we need this for World of Warcraft. I thought it was awesome and i'd like to hear what you guys think as well. Would u consider this to me nice? I feel it creates a nice "immersion" with the game when u enter it.

Would be insane to see my World of Warcraft characters to walk around like that on the fields of battle.

Please, do not make this to some kind of hate because of the video or another game.

I simply post this because i thought it looks cool and i would like to see it in World of Warcraft.
    Share your thoughts!
    Last edited by mmoc1404d70bfa; 2015-10-18 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Better Texting!

Deleted
    I can't explain the rage I feel looking at those...characters. Asians, man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    I can't explain the rage I feel looking at those...characters. Asians, man.
    Well don't hate or focus on that. I don't care either, but i thought the design was quiet awesome. Don't you think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimscoes View Post
    Well don't hate or focus on that. I don't care either, but i thought the design was quiet awesome. Don't you think?
    I'm not crazy for the idea, but I do think it would be nice to see. The idle animations and front-on view we have currently is a bit stale.

Deleted
    The idea of having your characters all represented together is cool but I think Blizzard wants to stray away from that mindset.

Also, this looks like Skyrim if it was modded by neckbeards from the Nexus.

I'm trying to get past the creepiness of those characters enough to see my WoW characters doing the same sort of thing. One issue would be how to handle the fact that we've got 11 (next year 12) characters per realm that will have to be put together like that. It's probably going to be pretty crowded and might might selecting characters difficult. And how would you handle mixing Horde and Alliance characters in the same screen?

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer just some fancy idle animations that take advantage of the new models. Class based too, like:

Warriors standing in a menacing pose, breathing heavily like they're pissed off.
    Mages whizzing a small spell in their palm that changes depending on what spec you were when you logged out.
    Hunters testing the string on their bow or checking their rifle is loaded.
    Druids kneeling down to grow a little flower or something.
    Rogues spinning their weapons while acting shady.

You get the idea!
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of new character login screen, but was kinda with the idea of my characters doing poses like Rexxar was on the W3:TFT campaign selection screen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    I'm trying to get past the creepiness of those characters enough to see my WoW characters doing the same sort of thing. One issue would be how to handle the fact that we've got 11 (next year 12) characters per realm that will have to be put together like that. It's probably going to be pretty crowded and might might selecting characters difficult. And how would you handle mixing Horde and Alliance characters in the same screen?
    I don't know how it works when u have 13 characters as that's the max amount u can have in tera but i haven't found someone with it so i can't tell.
    However there is 8 spots in that video for character location spots.
    Last edited by mmoc1404d70bfa; 2015-10-19 at 12:54 AM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    An updated screen would be nice, but I'm not sure about this style. I like the different backgrounds for each races and the hero classes. Additionally, if we get a new screen, I'd for them to allow more than 11 (I think they're bumping it up to 12) character slots per server.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I spend all of 3 seconds on the log in screen selecting which character I am going to play. I'd rather they put the time and effort into some world content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could go with the campfire route from Diablo 2, except with a better field of view since there will be 12 character slots come Legion. And not all in a line, more like they're hanging out and having a good time around a bonfire or something. Might look a little odd if you have a mix of Alliance and Horde characters though..

Thread title feels like click bait. Suspected something completely different.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless people are staring at the character select screen for hours I don't think we need to worry about it. It's a character select screen, we don't need to turn it into a mini cut-scene sort of thing. Hell, it could've been just a simple screen with my character's still portraits.

So no, we don't need it. What we have is fine.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Two minutes of four characters just walking? Honestly, it seems kinda boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    It fits better with Tera's stylisation or with GW2's (paint stroke transitions!) imo. By comparison WoW is very traditional in its presentation of information. Also even with the Elin the impression seems more jarring than really epic; a pink haired gnome would not really fit the aesthetic of a devastating battle field; the racial stills are a better fit imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    I'd prefer just some fancy idle animations that take advantage of the new models. Class based too, like:

Warriors standing in a menacing pose, breathing heavily like they're pissed off.
    Mages whizzing a small spell in their palm that changes depending on what spec you were when you logged out.
    Hunters testing the string on their bow or checking their rifle is loaded.
    Druids kneeling down to grow a little flower or something.
    Rogues spinning their weapons while acting shady.

You get the idea!
    We had a similar system back in Cata. Characters did some animations on the loginscreen. I really don't know why they didnt keep those tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    We had a similar system back in Cata. Characters did some animations on the loginscreen. I really don't know why they didnt keep those tbh.
    I'm pretty sure all they did was their idle standing animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I'm pretty sure all they did was their idle standing animations.
    No if you waited for a little bit they would do like different attack animations. Haven't seen them do that in a while so I don't know what happened.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    No if you waited for a little bit they would do like different attack animations. Haven't seen them do that in a while so I don't know what happened.
    Indeed. They took it out with the MoP Prepatch. I still have screenshots of my Hunter drawing his bowstring and so on.