Question regarding destro and aoe

Hi, as I don't have a warlock at 100, could someone shed some light on how destro locks do on aoe fights?

For example I'm looking at HFA logs and destro locks seem to be the top performers. However, from what I've been able to see, destro locks don't have any aoe moves? I know they have havoc but that only hits 1 extra target and is on a 15s cd, no? Where is all the damage coming from?

In the logs, chaos bolt is the top damage dealing spell by large margins. But chaos bolt is a single target spell. Help a non-warlock player understand!

Quote Originally Posted by kwaky View Post
    Hi, as I don't have a warlock at 100, could someone shed some light on how destro locks do on aoe fights?

For example I'm looking at HFA logs and destro locks seem to be the top performers. However, from what I've been able to see, destro locks don't have any aoe moves? I know they have havoc but that only hits 1 extra target and is on a 15s cd, no? Where is all the damage coming from?

In the logs, chaos bolt is the top damage dealing spell by large margins. But chaos bolt is a single target spell. Help a non-warlock player understand!
    Fire and Brimstone + Charred Remains. I suggest leveling a lock to 100 before asking how the ins and outs work, or at least reading a guide first.

Fire and Brimstone + Charred Remains, throwing FnB-Chaos Bolts with 3 embers, FnB-Conflagrate and FnB-Incinerates to get back to 3 embers.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaky View Post
    Charred remains will do that no matter if you're single target or aoeing. But aoe is really about managing your embers and not going insane sending out aoe bolts and then suddenly having nothing. AoE chaos bolt costs two embers and everything else one. So as the person above me says, you need to make sure you get back up to three embers before you bolt again if you want consistent aoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will notice in logs if you hover over the spell to bring up the tooltip that the Chaos Bolt which costs "20 Burning Embers" (even though it's technically 20 Emberbits) is the F&B Chaos Bolt; while the Chaos Bolt which costs "10 Burning Embers" (even though it's technically 10 Emberbits) is the single target one.

Thanks everyone, very informative!

Quote Originally Posted by Gob View Post
    Fire and Brimstone + Charred Remains, throwing FnB-Chaos Bolts with 3 embers, FnB-Conflagrate and FnB-Incinerates to get back to 3 embers.
    I did look at the guide here and on icy veins, but somehow I managed to miss it in both, bah.