Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's a freaking kid, let him have a normal childhood. Christ these fucking movie stars think children are status symbols, this kind of thing will do the kid more harm than good.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The kid could be mentally ready for that information, in that case good parenting.

Nope a dad would tell him to beat anyone up, who gives him shit and teach him how to do it, at least my dad did ;P
    This kid is going to live a life of privilege anyway.

It's only good if she helps him realize how nice he's going to have it by being raised around wealth compared to those poorer. Not to create a victim complex.

Plenty of white kids get bullied in life and come from bad situations as well and will be much poorer then this kid.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2015-10-21 at 01:31 AM.

I think its very telling that, 100 years ago, parents would have been very proud to discuss how their children understood money or real-world skills or science. Today, we're supposed to be proud that our children understand "social issues" which is another word for politicized speech. Look how far we've fallen.

Sandra bullock is so ugly, I don't care what she has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Sandra bullock is so ugly, I don't care what she has to say.
    You have no taste at all mate. For a 51 year old woman she is hot ...

Small children has the BS filter built in. They will smile and nod and ignore what you are trying to say to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I'm not talking about lying, I'm just talking about not bringing it up until necessary. Unless exposed to it, kids have no concept of any of that stuff.
    You'd honestly be surprised at how much young kids understand, I think. Heck, my own sister noticed that her immigrant friend sometimes got weird looks when they were five. So mom and dad explained racism and xenophobia in Disney-terms, i.e. at a level a child can understand.

In general, I think it's a good idea to talk to children about the things you can reasonably assume they'll come into contact with. Racism is a no-brainer, but let's say a kid with cerebral palsy is set to start school in the same class as your child? Or the kid has an older cousin that is dysmelic?

Often, it is enough for children to get a few pointers on how to behave in regards to a subject, and they're good to go. "Don't stare when Peter makes funny noises, he can't help it." in the case of epilepsy and so on.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P