Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I finally bought myself a gaming rig for WoD.

The side effect was, I could play other things now, so I stopped playing WoW.

gta 5, upgrade from 760 to 970

I have upgraded all of my PCs around the Battlefield games. The first entire PC upgrade was for Battlefield 2. The second upgrade from that was to a GTX 580 for BF3/BFBC:2. And the last entire PC upgrade was for Battlefield 4. I'll be upgrading my video card to Nvidias Pascal cards if they come out before BF5.

7+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars The Old Republic and The Witcher 3 that and my last laptop broke now i got a piece of crap 11'4 gateway laptop.

I upgraded my PC for skyrim, and its many mods.
    Last edited by Valstorm Warsong; 2015-10-24 at 06:17 AM.

Not a game per say but the ammount of nice games(hopefully) that are inc soon

Fallout4
    Just Cause3
    Deus Ex

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor...

...specifically because of the new character models...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I upgraded because my pc crashed too often, but if I had to name a game or two, it'd be Diablo 3 and HotS.

All other games are a nice bonus

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    I remember having to upgrade a PC twice in my life already because it couldn't run WoW anymore. The fun part is that now it's one of the few games that's still able to run on my PC. Time to upgrade boys!

On a side note: Since the new Intel chips are out is this the best time to upgrade?
    I would say yes. The transition to DDR4 has just started (Skylake only supports DDR4). So you'll have to get new RAM, but it will be the standard for at least the next 5 years.

I'm planning to start getting into PC gaming again but what really turns me off from PC gaming is that it seems the most expensive way to game. I have a 360 and I play Halo and COD online mostly - its fun for only so long IMO. I guess my main question is - is how often do you need to buy more RAM, or a new processor, graphics card, etc. 2 years? 5?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Witcher 3 and ultra wide 4k monitors
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by bestellen View Post
    I'm planning to start getting into PC gaming again but what really turns me off from PC gaming is that it seems the most expensive way to game. I have a 360 and I play Halo and COD online mostly - its fun for only so long IMO. I guess my main question is - is how often do you need to buy more RAM, or a new processor, graphics card, etc. 2 years? 5?
    If you buy a machine that can run current games at 60 fps at 1080p, if think you can be set for 4-6 years, depends on how high the requirements will go, but my opinion the recomended CPUs are kinda overblown. I have a friend that has a similar machine than mine (i5-4670 3.4Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Gtx 970) that ran Witcher 3, GTA5 abd MGS5: TPP flawlessly.

My suggestion is to not go cheap on the GPU, and buy a bank of 8GB RAM, so if you need 16, you'll buy another one. For CPUs.... i'll let someone else recomend something, i'm quite out of touch with those <.<'

Ps. i'm not going to play on 4k anytime soon, so my suggestion is to ensure a 60fps at 1080p, which is also the resolution most games are supporting because "only a fraction of pc users are playing on higher resolution" (true excuse thrown around along side 30 fps is cinematic).
    Last edited by Seifa; 2015-10-24 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bestellen View Post
    Currently; It will outlast and outperform any console. It's no longer 15 years ago, when there was still an armsrace of sorts. Consoles have seen relatively low performance gains over the last few years and even on release, no longer rival a mediocre PC. Performance on all hardware used to rise almost exponentially, but that's been ages ago. Any rig will now last 4 years easily, while 15 years ago, you would have to upgrade once every year.. Plus, a mediocre gaming PC no longer costs you €1500. And it lasts 4 to 6 years.

Plusplus, who stops you from sitting on your couch and playing your PC games on your TV, like I do, with or without an XBOX controller.