Thread: Asura's Wrath

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Asura's Wrath

So I dusted off the old P3 and got this game. Always meant to get to it, but never did.

Holy crap. Game's story was amazing. Usually anti-religion stories make me cringe, but this was really well done. I liked Asura's speech when he beats the crap out of god. It really conveyed what I think the theme of the game was.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Yea games theme/story is great could've been so much more with a higher budget
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Oh, it's certainly an amazing game. I loved it, pretty unique and interesting.

But then I am still filled with wrath by the fact that the actual ending to the game is DLC. Screw capcom.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only game I've seen handle ridiculous escalation as well as Platinum. I watched an LP of it because poor, but hot damn, do not piss that guy off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Maybe most underrated game of the decade. When people compare strongest video game characters asura is almost never mentioned.

Yeah, I liked the story and the visuals, I wish it had more of an actual combat to it though, but that's what happens when you split up the development teams for two different games

They've also made the Naruto Ultimate Ninja: Storm series, their boss fights are all on the same scale and QTE system. Basically what happened with Asura's Wrath was that the story team and gameplay team got split up on separate games, the gameplay team worked on Storm: Generations, which had good combat but poor story, and the story and visuals team worked on Asura's Wrath, which had a great story and boss fights, but middling gameplay.

Fantastic game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh, it's certainly an amazing game. I loved it, pretty unique and interesting.

But then I am still filled with wrath by the fact that the actual ending to the game is DLC. Screw capcom.
    You have convinced me not to buy this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asura's wrath is like a pure guilty pleasure game it's your over the top anima styled beat them up game XD ( and yes it's a literal BEAT THEM UP!)

No Tusk Club.

No Goty version !!! i dont want to spend extra on the real ending thats DLCs only so nope thanks.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who got hit in the feels when Yasha dies towards the end?