Help with build / Suggestions

This would be my "first" build. With my current computer I found someone who had the knowledge and I just told them my budget. Since then I have learned a thing or two. I had some assistance picking out the parts, not that I doubt the person who helped me I just want a second opinion.

My plan for this build is to be able to run WoW on Ultra with good FPS (Currently running on Low/Fair) but to also be able to play some more modern games (Witcher 3, Battlefront 3 etc) hopefully on at least high settings.

Parts that will be reused:

Power Supply: Corsair AX850 Professional Series Gold
    SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250G
    HDD: WD Black 500G

New Parts (All Prices are in Canadian Dollars):

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980
    RAM: G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB
    Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII HERO LGA 1150
    Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K

Total: $1,751.08

I apologize if the names of the links do not provide enough information before clicking.

I was thinking at some point about going up to 32G of RAM, is this worth it for what I plan to do?

I have no intention to do any overclocking (Mostly because I don't trust myself) would water cooling be something worth looking into?

I'm in the market for a case as well. Something that is pretty easy to take apart and clean is a plus.

Lastly I'm in need of a monitor. Something in the 27ich range. I'm under the impression that with the current parts I have picked that I should go for a 1440p monitor? I have been told if I plan to stick in the 1080p mark that I should drop the 980 for a 970. I also plan to run a second monitor that will mostly be for browsing, pulling up guides etc. This monitor is a 17inch (1280 x 1024), another friend told me that if I plan to go this route that my GPU will have to render each screen individually which will be harder on my system.

I'm not sure what to expect for prices on Case + Monitor and therefore not sure what a fair price tag would be. I personally would like to stay under $2500 if that helps.

Hopefully I have provided enough information, I will post again if more is required!
    Last edited by Aux; 2015-10-22 at 11:26 AM.

I would advise to go to Socket 1151 as that is the most recent one, if it is for gaming only or mostly, an i7 is not needed, an i5 will do just fine, 32 GB of ram won't help in games, 8 GB is plenty 16GB is nice if you want to do a lot of multitasking (and where an i7 might be usefull too).

For case you could consider Phanteks their Enthoo Luxe model is quite nice and gets good reviews

For a 27 inch monitor I would opt for 1440p or pixels might look too big, I got an Asus PB278Q which I'm happy with, but there are a lot more similar and probably better screens around in that segment these days then there were a couple years ago when I bought it, Dell has some good ones and also Eizo according to our resident monitor conaisseur Remilia.

Deleted
    The following is better while keeping you under 2.5k cad.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($488.75 @ Amazon Canada)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ NCIX)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($214.98 @ Newegg Canada)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($135.98 @ Newegg Canada)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($58.03 @ Vuugo)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card ($892.68 @ DirectCanada)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case ($110.99 @ Amazon Canada)
    Monitor: BenQ GW2765HT 60Hz 27.0" Monitor ($478.50 @ Vuugo)
    Total: $2469.90
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-22 09:29 EDT-0400