Deleted

Will there ever be a Sargeras boss fight/raid?

I would really like to face him one day, especially as a Demon Hunter.

Probably, I wouldn't guess this expansion. But then again, I didn't expect the Archimonde prequel-sequel this early either.

At most we'll face either Kil'Jaeden, or Gul'dan this expansion.
    Processor (CPU) - Intel Corei7 Six Core Processor i7-6850K (3.6GHz) 15MB Cache
    Memory (RAM) - 32GB HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3200MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card (Dual) - 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR
    Storage Drives - 1440GB HyperXSAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR|530MB/sW)
    8TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5900RPM, 64MB CACHE

Quote Originally Posted by Isolyphic View Post
    At most we'll face either Kil'Jaeden, or Gul'dan this expansion.
    We will face Gul'dan in the first raid tier. I'm hoping there is more than 1 raid tier

Nope because he doesn't view us as "worth his time".

Deleted
    I always said that we'd never fight Sargeras as that would be the end of Warcraft, the true evil would be defeated and that would be the climax. Anything after it would be anticlimatic and would ruin the franchise. And knowing that they wouldn't want to end the franchise that day would never come.

But after seeing the Legion expansion I'm not so sure anymore. We're getting Artifact weapons, which lorewise are a step up from even Legendaries. This would explain how we're able to defeat something much bigger than ourselves. And don't forget that Blizzard said that we'd need the help of the Titans themselves this expansion...

Now I'm starting to think that Blizzard is actually building up a fight with Sargeras himself. It is something a lot of people have been waiting for for a looooong time. And it would certainly bring some people back that had given up on the franchise, because we know we'd all like to defeat the ultimate bad guy, the true final epic battle.

It's certainly a marketing tactic to bring players back, just for that one final battle to end it all. Maybe Blizzard wants to get it over with and build up new storylines afterwards, something entirely new.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    When WoW is finally ready to doe, then the final boss will be Sargeras. Legion is leaving the door open to one more expansion atleast. If Legion bombs, the next expansion will likely be the last. If Legion brings back the playerbase, then it is very likely we will still have to wait
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I'm pretty sure Sargares is going to infuse himself 100% with a new host/avatar. We will most ally wound it and then it will go invoke N'zoth and we will fight a hybrid Titan/OG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it will be in Legion, but if they end up doing a final expansion I'd expect similar amounts of fanservice to what's been shown in Legion, down to us either defeating an Avatar of Sargeras (something only Aegwynn has shown to be capable of so far) and blocking Azeroth off from the Legion through plot magic, or taking the big man on himself if they decide to cap off the Warcraft franchise as a whole (or want to tie off all the existing plot threads and start with a clean slate in the next entry into the franchise).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Yes there will be a Sargeras fight. (Most likely anyway). Avatar of Sargeras is in the Tomb of Sargers in Legion so he's probably the last boss of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Doubt it will be in Legion, but if they end up doing a final expansion I'd expect similar amounts of fanservice to what's been shown in Legion, down to us either defeating an Avatar of Sargeras (something only Aegwynn has shown to be capable of so far) and blocking Azeroth off from the Legion through plot magic, or taking the big man on himself if they decide to cap off the Warcraft franchise as a whole (or want to tie off all the existing plot threads and start with a clean slate in the next entry into the franchise).
    Also worht noting that Sargeras let Aegwynn beat his avatar so he could possess her

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Also worht noting that Sargeras let Aegwynn beat his avatar so he could possess her
    Good point. And even then, it left her completely exhausted.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    It might be worth mentioning Broxigar, the only known mortal to have inflicted a wound upon Sargeras (If i remember correctly), his brother Saurfang is still alive so..
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    It might be worth mentioning Broxigar, the only known mortal to have inflicted a wound upon Sargeras (If i remember correctly), his brother Saurfang is still alive so..
    The axe he used is floating around somewhere too... Arms warrior artifact maybe?

I imagine we'll see an avatar, I doubt we will take down the dark titan this expansion though. If we do, expect to see old gods involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    i could see em going with a spine of kj style fight, where we are fighting a sargeras as he is attempting to enter our world.

Judging from where Blizz is going, maybe.

It looks like they're setting up Azshara (finally!) for the expansion after Legion. Beyond that, who knows? But I've always thought they would end with an expansion where the Titans are the final threat. This was heavily hinted at in WotLK, and given Sargeras's status as a fallen titan, it would be easy to integrate him into an expansion like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Archimonde is the last boss of this expansion, chances are Sargeras is likely the next final boss of Legion.

It doesn't get much more powerful than Archimonde. We'll likely fight KJ at some point during Legion, but I'm guessing our final fight (After repelling the invasion) is going to be Sargeras himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post

It looks like they're setting up Azshara (finally!) for the expansion after Legion. Beyond that, who knows? But I've always thought they would end with an expansion where the Titans are the final threat. This was heavily hinted at in WotLK, and given Sargeras's status as a fallen titan, it would be easy to integrate him into an expansion like that.
    How do you figure that?

If there is ever a Sargeras fight it'll need to be some massive epic multi-layered battle and we'll likely have to use some super powerful artifacts to even have a chance at beating him.

Or we'll just fight his Avatar is the more likely scenario. Wouldn't be surprised if the Avatar of Sargeras will be the final boss of this expansion, or possibly the next one. Would make sense at the end of this one though if we head into the Tomb of Sargeras and whatnot since that's where the Avatar is sealed. Who knows though.

I imagine if we do end up fighting him, it will almost have to be some sort of gigantic encounter where we're not really fighting him, but instead surviving his attacks until we can either blast him with some artifacts or get some of the uncorrupted Titans to help us out. Basically it'd need to be something like the Deathwing fight only 100x larger because Deathwing would likely be small enough to be grabbed one-handed by Sargeras.

We'd basically have to become Titan-like in power just to stand a chance against him. He's far too powerful to take head-on otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post

Chances are if the Titans are the final threat then it'd have to be after defeating Sargeras. I.e. the other Titans don't know what happened to Sargeras and when Sargeras falls they flip out and deem Azeroth to be too dangerous to continue existing.

If the other Titans are even still alive/uncorrupted. Because the biggest mystery/plot-hole right now is the question of "Why didn't the other Titans know about Sargeras's corruption, and if they did, why didn't they do anything about it?"

Could also be that using these Pillars of Creation will end up sending like a distress signal/beacon out to the Titans or something. Or the Burning Legion has actually been fighting the Titans or imprisoned them and we need to go help them.
    Last edited by Sorenthaz; 2015-10-22 at 11:33 PM.