Question "Raider Needed" addon

LFG and every kind of raid forming addon I've seen all work the exact same way. A raid leader makes a raid, post it and then waits as it sits there surrounded by many other raids that raiders have to sort through and queue up for. A lot of times the comments in these such as "Need ranged dps/mage/rogue" or whatever are ignored and you have class after unneeded class queuing up wasting everyone's times.

Even Open Raid works like this with raids listed... the raider signs up... then he has to wait in hopes of getting selected. Many people don't even bother as they dont feel like sorting through all of the raids and then signing up to wait in hopes of being accepted.

Why doesn't this stuff work in reverse?

If a raider wants to raid Normal HFC he simply opens the addon, puts a checkmark in the box for Normal HCF. He can add two things before submitting. 1) minimum Raid item level (Averaged) and a comment. The addon then snapshots that characters spec/stance(if prot warrior),worn item level, and current raid progress/lockouts. The raider is then free to go on his way questing or whatever.

The raidleader, while having his group listed in hopes of getting what he needs, can open the addon, put checkmarks in the boxes for the raid he is in (Or the addon could detect it automatically if he was in the instance) then he could checkmark what he is looking for. For example:

Say he is looking for a tank. Well he would put a checkmark in the "tank" box, enter minimum item level and hit submit.

This would bring up a window of all characters for his faction that meet his criteria.

Now lets say he NEEDS a DK tank. Well after he hit the "Tank" checkmark it would populate a class set of boxes that can be checked.

This just seems so much easier than what we currently have. Why do we have 2000 (imaginary number) sitting around looking for 1 of 200 raids (Whom are probably just sitting around also) instead of an easy system that would allow those 2000 people to do other things while raids slowly form.

I like the idea. But I don't know if any currently working addon for this.

And I fear that in practice it would'nt work as intended...The raidleaders would just 'sort by: itemlevel' and invite everybody from the top. And there will be several half-full groups though, waiting for tank or heal.

Sure, it would make the START of building a decent raidpug easier, but eventually lead to the same outcome as we know so far.

What I'd like to see is an implementation of a raidexp-check for the players queued, that you can check their current progress exp. in a little frame. Checking the armory sucks. open window, close window, copy the name, scroll,...

yeah thats just my thoughts. WHEN somebody develops a better pug-tool, I hope he hides shit like itemlevel -.- Just let players get on the list when they have the minimum ilvl requirement for that raid. and not the insane requirements some people want. Like a higher ilvl than it can drop in the raid.

If they were just taking people from the top then the people at the bottom would eventually work their way up.

Intended design really.

And Raidleaders wouldn't be able to see all the guys at the top. Raidleaders have a minimum ilvl requirement just as raiders would have a minimum ilvl requirement.

I think MOST raid leaders woould set their standards really high then realize they can't get carries as much as they want... they would have to lower their expectations a bit... and if raiders wanted to raid then so would they.

It is a self regulating system.

And i don't think there is as big of a tank or healer drought as some believe. The logistics in this game just suck.

And I think Ilvl is far more fair than achievements. But like, I'd be down for adding an option for achievement checking. Like I said, self regulation system. Raidleaders would soon realize that good raiders aren't born with all the achievements.

Deleted
    Isn't that how the old ingame raidbrowser worked (well you needed addons for filter ilvl stuff etc afaik).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpIShRAoaV4
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2015-10-22 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Isn't that how the old ingame raidbrowser worked (well you needed addons for filter ilvl stuff etc afaik).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpIShRAoaV4
    Yes. Somewhat.

That's how everyone queued up for cestials and ordos.

They need to re-implement that with slight modifications.
    Last edited by Carnedge; 2015-10-22 at 06:16 PM.

I think MOST raid leaders woould set their standards really high then realize they can't get carries as much as they want... they would have to lower their expectations a bit... and if raiders wanted to raid then so would they.
    The raidleaders WILL be carried everytime. And when they fail, they try again. Thats how it works since years now and that wont change just because of a different Tool. That problem occures since late BC.

If they were just taking people from the top then the people at the bottom would eventually work their way up.
    Sure they do, but if they dont have the "required" or better "desired" itemlevel they wont get invited most of the time. And that leads to one of them making an own group and try to get the best people available. Sure, theres nothing wrong, I'd do the same. But we ALL know how shitty geared people can be sometimes and that there are players who are really really good and just lack itemlevel on a twink or sth.

and if you can see that they eventually have a clear av on their mains, you'd rather pick him instead of a better geared Player who lacks exp.

The problem is the community, not the system.