10+ Year Old Account

Coping with people at work?

A bit of a rant.

This is my first year of working full time after leaving uni and to put it kindly, the people here are in-component morons.

Just a couple of examples.... today i spent 5 hours doing something for the manager, then the person on the 4-8 shift comes in and in minutes destroys 5 hours of work as they 'didn't want to read an email from a certain individual'. One person literally falls to sleep for 3-5 hours a day, others go for 40 minute 'toilet breaks'. Another guy sent an internal customer a windows disk because they couldn't be bothered to reformat their computer for them...

I really can't imagine working like this for decades and will end up killing myself...

How does everyone else cope with the working life? Like i absolutely love the type of work it's just the people there

I come to online forums to complain about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it impact your work bring it up with them, if they ignore it take it further.
    Tough spot being new though I would tread careful.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Get out while you still can. Start applying for other jobs. If you don't get out in a few years time you'll turn out to be just like your co-workers!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Step up your liquor game, you're in the working world now. Idiots are par for the course.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Get out while you still can. Start applying for other jobs. If you don't get out in a few years time you'll turn out to be just like your co-workers!
    Mm the coffee stains on the shirt and a beer belly from After Work.
    Don't spoil it for him
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Most people don't care about doing their job correctly. You will see this a lot in the working world. Try and find a new place or do what most of us do. Turn to drugs and or alcohol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trick is you put an out of order sign on the elevator and trip them down the stairs... Or you could just make sure you do your work right and just wait they will crash and burn eventually.

Deleted
    you have it easy.
    Lets see,
    A manager
    - Who is so obsesed by targets that they insist on commiting what is possibly fraud and Embezelment to meet them.
    - Likes the sound of there own voice so much that a simple yes / no answer to a question takes several minuetes.
    - Insists on thinking that I can't do a simple Spreadsheet, even though I have been showing them how to do simple stuff on Excel
    - Micromanage's everythng that everyone does, instead of just letting us get on with it.

Then I have to deal with the general public who
    - Put things back in the wrong place
    - Just drop stock on the floor
    - complain about a pick up service that we have absolulty no control over.
    - Try to haggle on prices (in a charity store!)

I would gladly swap your work place problems for mine

Be civil, but don't make them bigger then they are.

Navigating the social politics of work is a pretty significant skill. Tread carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    A bit of a rant.

This is my first year of working full time after leaving uni and to put it kindly, the people here are in-component morons.

Just a couple of examples.... today i spent 5 hours doing something for the manager, then the person on the 4-8 shift comes in and in minutes destroys 5 hours of work as they 'didn't want to read an email from a certain individual'. One person literally falls to sleep for 3-5 hours a day, others go for 40 minute 'toilet breaks'. Another guy sent an internal customer a windows disk because they couldn't be bothered to reformat their computer for them...

I really can't imagine working like this for decades and will end up killing myself...

How does everyone else cope with the working life? Like i absolutely love the type of work it's just the people there
    I would cope by doing my job and ignoring others, voice my concerns to my manager if their shenanigans is affecting your work (like they are destroying yours) Then go home and take out my frustration on orcs

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I would cope by doing my job and ignoring others, voice my concerns to my manager if their shenanigans is affecting your work (like they are destroying yours) Then go home and take out my frustration on orcs
    Alliance scum

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Alliance scum
    Amen, I bet it is even Dranei

shut up and get back to work, also fill the dam coffee pot already!