Thread: Mythic fights

Mythic fights

So our guild has pushed into Mythic. We're 3/13 as of tonight and I'm having to swap between Ret and Holy depending on our composition.

My question is, has anyone put a Hints/tips/rotation for Holy in certain Mythic fights?? I've seen trinket posts etc but I imagine others are sitting here searching for the same thing when certain people I imagine have it bookmarked (I have the Ret trinket thread bookmarked )? And tbh, if there's another Ret one that I've missed would be handy too.

It's entertaining trying to min/max on both
    Midandorie --> Woodzy
    110 DH/Warr/Monk/Sham/Hunter/Lock neglected
    EU - Slightly Salted (6/8H) - Magtheridon

hi, i happen to be performing such a role for my guild too.

currently im main retribution, offspec holy. and i switch between retribution and holy on demand. im not sure what is your main spec? i assume u are main dps then i would suggest that you spend all the ring upgrade on the dps ring.

for healing, my 2 favourite trinkets = libram of vindication (class trinket) + intuition's gift (drop from kilrogg).

just for your info, this constant switching between ret and holy is mainly due to the first floor of HFC. the healing requirements of the bosses in first floor is very inconsistent. for example:-
    assault - 4 heal
    iron reaver - 5 heal
    kormrok - 3 heal
    council - 5 heal
    kilrogg - 4 heal
    gorefiend - 5 heal

some nights, i heal 3 out of 6 bosses, sometimes 5 out of 6 bosses.

my role initially is very confusing because i feel that im healing way more often than i dps, but healing is my offspec, and i do not want to have loot priority over the main healers, yet i wanted to perform better and min-max, etc, that feeling sucks lol.

however once i get to the second floor of HFC, where majority of the fight will be 4 heal, exception of Xhul being 3, i find myself doing dps more often now. so i don't really need to focus much on holy, min-max became unnecessary too because i only need to heal on the first floor bosses, and its already easily on farm.
    Warcraft - Retribution Paladin Blog

PVE Retribution & Holy Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Longlasting View Post
    hi, i happen to be performing such a role for my guild too.

currently im main retribution, offspec holy. and i switch between retribution and holy on demand. im not sure what is your main spec? i assume u are main dps then i would suggest that you spend all the ring upgrade on the dps ring.

for healing, my 2 favourite trinkets = libram of vindication (class trinket) + intuition's gift (drop from kilrogg).

just for your info, this constant switching between ret and holy is mainly due to the first floor of HFC. the healing requirements of the bosses in first floor is very inconsistent. for example:-
    assault - 4 heal
    iron reaver - 5 heal
    kormrok - 3 heal
    council - 5 heal
    kilrogg - 4 heal
    gorefiend - 5 heal

some nights, i heal 3 out of 6 bosses, sometimes 5 out of 6 bosses.

my role initially is very confusing because i feel that im healing way more often than i dps, but healing is my offspec, and i do not want to have loot priority over the main healers, yet i wanted to perform better and min-max, etc, that feeling sucks lol.

however once i get to the second floor of HFC, where majority of the fight will be 4 heal, exception of Xhul being 3, i find myself doing dps more often now. so i don't really need to focus much on holy, min-max became unnecessary too because i only need to heal on the first floor bosses, and its already easily on farm.
    lol you are over healing every fight. 4 heal for assault and 5 heal for gorefiend serious?

Quote Originally Posted by NDAbreakeryolo View Post
    lol you are over healing every fight. 4 heal for assault and 5 heal for gorefiend serious?
    that was the setup my guild did when we first progressed into mythic.

yeah i do agree it is overhealing nowadays but our officers prefer to just stick with what works, it doesn't really matter anyways. if your guild decided to cut 1 healer, it is perfectly fine too. that's why i suggest to OP that eventually his main spec will return back as dps, as i did, so yeah

Deleted
    Nearly everyone that did the first bosses on 710 ilvl used that amount of healers. + the first 5 bosses doesn't have any mechanics that should make you drop healers, no enrage timers, no hard adds that needs to die super quick, no phase change, nothing makes you want to go with fewer healers, other than the boss dying a few secs earlier.

Deleted
    Dreamguard wrote a nice and comprehensive guide on holy paladins for 6.2:
    https://sacredshielding.wordpress.com/introduction/

A great number of guilds 4healed assault and 5healed gorefiend. And we're talking "proper" guilds.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2015-10-25 at 05:07 PM.

yes eventually when your guild is better geared, you can consider to cut down 1 healer although it doesn't really matter by that time

edit: but i do hope they don't design encounters like that. the healing requirements for each boss is too inconsistent. you cut 1 healer for assault, and then you need 1 more for reaver, then you cut 1 again for kromrok, and then you need 1 more for council, etc
    Last edited by Longlasting; 2015-10-24 at 03:05 AM.

Deleted
    Most people opt for 4 healers on assault in case one healer gets stunned, and lets be real there is no gain in having more DPS, you will still take 7:30 as everyone else to kill this "boss". For Gorefiend it doesn't matter either unless you plan on going 2 feasts on your first kill.