Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How big difference does the ilvl of the ring do?

Yoyo,

So basicly what the title says. Like if you compare a 735 (25%) with a 771 (35%) or maybe to a 795 (44%) aswell.

For a rogue I feel like the difference is huge since so much of our dmg comes from our burstwindows. My main issue/concern is that I won't be able to compete with the toptier rogues when I reroll to Rogue and will be more then 10 weeks behind on ring-ilvl.

So I'd appreciate any kind of feedback you could give on this topic. How big difference is it in terms of dps, and will I be able to be close to the top parses if I'm a toptier player that just lack ring-ilvl!!

Thanks alot for your time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't the person who activates the ring dictate the benefit for the rest of the raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Doesn't the person who activates the ring dictate the benefit for the rest of the raid?
    No, each ring and dmg from it is linked to each player not the person popping it. This is something that is far too easy to test for people to keep this myth going.

- - - Updated - - -

OP you have months of HFC left if you don't like the toon you are on or want to swap out each raid lockout you wait the harder it gets and the deeper burnout sets in. Is the ring a big help, sure but it isn't the end of the world either way. More over with the new valor item level bump coming up you will be able to jump up plenty of other things up to help close the gap.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Wouldn't that be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Flaffyxx View Post
    Yoyo,

So basicly what the title says. Like if you compare a 735 (25%) with a 771 (35%) or maybe to a 795 (44%) aswell.

For a rogue I feel like the difference is huge since so much of our dmg comes from our burstwindows. My main issue/concern is that I won't be able to compete with the toptier rogues when I reroll to Rogue and will be more then 10 weeks behind on ring-ilvl.

So I'd appreciate any kind of feedback you could give on this topic. How big difference is it in terms of dps, and will I be able to be close to the top parses if I'm a toptier player that just lack ring-ilvl!!

Thanks alot for your time!
    shadowcraft will solve and answer 99.99999% of your questions, please google it and use it!

Quote Originally Posted by Smassy View Post
    shadowcraft will solve and answer 99.99999% of your questions, please google it and use it!
    How does Shadowcraft answer his question? The DPS value it gives is not indicative of numbers you'll actually pull (it's typically quite lower and only useful to determine stat upgrades as stated in a previous thread).

To the OP, you can't really compare yourself who just recently switched to Rogue with "top tier" players who may have had the rings for months at this point. The difference in ring ilvls is certainly noticeable. You can look at logs for comparison. But, as mentioned earlier unless we hear a release date for Legion in the next few weeks (Blizzcon maybe) you'll have plenty of time to catch up.

Deleted
    It might come of elitist"ish". But I've played rogue for a while and I'm comfortable that I'm quite close to the toplevel. I'm just so anxious about the huge gap the ring will cause. I'm not really sure what answer I'm searching for so it's hard for me to give you a simpel/straight question.

I somehow wanna know if I'll be able to parse at the top 95th percentile with equal gear but with a 30%ish ring compared to a 44%(maxed out ring), assuming I perform at the same level of course.

Thx for answers so far! Really appreciated!

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest: Soul Capacitor proc luck and timing are much more important than the ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest: Soul Capacitor proc luck and timing are much more important than the ring.
    For top logs, sure. For consistency... hell no.

The ring and soulcap actually amplify eachothers effects. Both have a very large impact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    For top logs, sure. For consistency... hell no.

The ring and soulcap actually amplify eachothers effects. Both have a very large impact.
    Yes of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaffyxx View Post
    It might come of elitist"ish". But I've played rogue for a while and I'm comfortable that I'm quite close to the toplevel. I'm just so anxious about the huge gap the ring will cause. I'm not really sure what answer I'm searching for so it's hard for me to give you a simpel/straight question.

I somehow wanna know if I'll be able to parse at the top 95th percentile with equal gear but with a 30%ish ring compared to a 44%(maxed out ring), assuming I perform at the same level of course.

Thx for answers so far! Really appreciated!
    You've basically answered your own question. Everyone at the top is similar in skill level, the ring (and soul capacitor RNG) is what separates #1 from everyone else. So to directly answer your question, given similar skill (i.e. 90th percentile and up) you will do significantly less damage than someone who has good soul capacitor procs and 2 months of ring upgrades. But again, HFC is likely to be out for several more months, you'll have plenty of time to catch up if you wish.

Deleted
    Tl;Dr it's big though bigger on some fights ie Iron Reaver and I will not stop being salty about having a low ilvl ring.

Punished for taking a break at the start of the tier with no way to catch up, thanks blizzard BabyRage never rank 1 BabyRage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furyspark View Post
    Tl;Dr it's big though bigger on some fights ie Iron Reaver and I will not stop being salty about having a low ilvl ring.

Punished for taking a break at the start of the tier with no way to catch up, thanks blizzard BabyRage never rank 1 BabyRage.
    Well at some point (February) everyone's gonna be at 795 ring iLvl

Deleted
    Well at some point (February) everyone's gonna be at 795 ring iLvl
    Still, it should be attainable with Valor or something, since it'll take two weeks to max out gear upgrades, we should be able to give +3 ilvl to the ring up til 795 for 250 valor.
    RIP alts and RIP anyone who took a break from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furyspark View Post
    Still, it should be attainable with Valor or something, since it'll take two weeks to max out gear upgrades, we should be able to give +3 ilvl to the ring up til 795 for 250 valor.
    RIP alts and RIP anyone who took a break from the game.
    I feel ya. I took a 4 month break and feel so behind.

Deleted
    Assuming same fight duration, same gear and ignoring the stat difference on ring itself (you can easily do this in Shadowcraft) 735 is 56% damage bonus vs. 795 with 107% damage bonus. That basically means you are losing half of the 795 benefit if you are at 735.

For rough loss from using ilv(x) vs. ilv(y) ring you can filter ring windows on logs, divide that damage by bonus(x) and multiply by bonus(y). For example you did 4,5 millions in 735 opener ring (with explosion) = (4,5/156)*207. You would do 6 millions with 795. Now take the difference and divide it with any fight duration you like.
    Last edited by mmoc2127cc2147; 2015-10-23 at 04:40 PM. Reason: not really -.-

Deleted
    Did you post this comment in every class forum or just in the mage and rogue forums?

Basically, if you are going for top parses the difference in ring ilvl will definitely be noticable. However, the randomness of your trinket procs will probably be a bigger influence when you are going for rank 1 parses. This is the same for every class.

That's with 795 ring and gear from http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T18M.html
    So, between +500 to +1k (and even more if u're fully wf/socket) in average per upgrade on 450s patchwerk fight.
    Almost twice more on shorter fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethys256 View Post
    That's with 795 ring and gear from http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T18M.html
    So, between +500 to +1k (and even more if u're fully wf/socket) in average per upgrade on 450s patchwerk fight.
    Almost twice more on shorter fights.
    Yea, wow! Can probably more then double that amount on a 3minute fight and mby even triple on a 2min fight. Thanks for sims!

Yes, this ilvl upgrade that has to be build over several months is the single biggest stupidest ridiculously insane thing Blizzard did this expansion. Making it absolutely impossible to swap specs or the main at this point in the game is just bad. They really, really seem to hate alts and off-specs. It also doesn't really get my hopes up for Legion and the weapon system there with will probably be just as hostile towards alts and off-specs.