Compare and contrast two paintings

Paintings:

...and

Fascinating, someone had to sit down and spent quite an amount of time painting these two pictures. It must have required much dedication, motivation, and patients. I mean, just imagine if YOU were tasked with painting one of these pictures. You think you can do it? I don't think so.

[#rekt]
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2015-10-22 at 08:53 PM.

i do not understand, the second painting looks like an original using the first as a guide.
    the scenery, buildings, and landscape are all different, as are the subjects.

The paintings have been "compared and contrast"-ed.

Is this your 9th grade homework i just did for you?

second one isn't even a "painting" It was done by some fuckin intern in photoshop.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    One is a painting, made with a brush.

The other was made in either Photoshop, or any other drawing program.

Scratch that, I'm confused.

You do know what a painting is, right?

Why is everyone so fascinated with making alternate versions of this particular painting? I've seen so many of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a CmdrShepard thread, but there are no cheerleaders... this is fishy.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Children this is what happens when you do drugs.

The second one probably WAS made in Photoshop, but that doesn't mean it's shit the way some clueless people here are implying. Most working artists these days use Photoshop for painting. It's pretty much the industry standard. Not to say that there aren't alternatives (SAI, Krita, Manga Studio, Corel Painter are usually the primary contenders), but Photoshop is the standard. Saying that it was made in Photoshop in a derogatory way is like talking down to someone because they used a screwdriver to drive in a screw instead of doing it manually.

As for the photos, the second one is the first in another style meant to reflect a possible future for farming. Presumably the first was picked because it's a famous painting, though you wouldn't know that the way half of the responses in this thread go. <_<

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

i assumed he didn't and answered him in a way he might understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Emageht Tsoluoy View Post
    i do not understand, the second painting looks like an original using the first as a guide.
    the scenery, buildings, and landscape are all different, as are the subjects.

The paintings have been "compared and contrast"-ed.

Is this your 9th grade homework i just did for you?
    Yes, you did my 9th grade homework.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    second one isn't even a "painting" It was done by some fuckin intern in photoshop.
    Nobody knows for sure, it could be a painting... But nobody knows for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    The second painting is better because it has robots. The first painting is horrible because it's boring.

Submit that for your school work and you'll get an A-
    Everything you said is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    One is a painting, made with a brush.

The other was made in either Photoshop, or any other drawing program.
    1/2 of your reply is true. The second half, nobody knows for sure... it could be anything.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Exception View Post
    Why is everyone so fascinated with making alternate versions of this particular painting? I've seen so many of them.
    This guy has 400 years worth of painting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Emageht Tsoluoy View Post
    i assumed he didn't and answered him in a way he might understand.
    Yes, you did my 9th grade homework.

--------

In the second picture, would you rather be the shorter thinner thing with an antenna on its head to the left? or the taller bulkier thing on the right???(regardless of your form IRL)
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2015-10-23 at 02:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is the female robot naked while having the male robot clothed?
    The first painting is by Grant Wood.
    The second painting was obviously done digitally by some misogynistic nerd, with a lazy-eye. Judging by poor and uneven perspective.

AHAHAHHAHAHA!!! This is real life, not some science fiction movie showcasing a fantasy. We live in the REAL world. The caption in the picture was "The Nuts and Bolts of How We Will Feed the World"... nuts and bolt literally meaning explanations into the inner working of farming techniques in the past, present, and future, like using fertilizer, GMO, modern tool etc. The pictures of the robots does not relate to this feature of the magazine PERIOD except a glancing relationship to the term "nuts and bolt". The picture was merely put there to bait people into BUYING the magazine... feeding into their fantasy of some how one day robots who take humanoid form will do the farming. LOL!

The actual article: http://www.newsweek.com/2015/10/30/f...ay-385933.html

Made ABSOLUTELY NO MENTION of robotics and farming. PERIOD. Lelz, my face when bait marketing mislead people into thinking robot was gonna run farm in the future. I'm dying inside. >.<.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first is a satire of the midwest, and is named after the style of house in the background.

The second is robots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    The first is a satire of the midwest, and is named after the style of house in the background.

The second is robots.
    As far as Im aware, its not a satire. A lot of people had assumed it was, and that debate is one of the things that aided in its fame. Mr. Wood however, was all about the rural Americana.

Personally I think he became a better painter after his apex:
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._MIA_81105.jpg

But he never really solidified his own style. As much a product of timing as anything. Plenty of better artists never saw fame.
    Last edited by Rukh; 2015-10-24 at 03:59 AM.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.