Thread: raid wide heals

raid wide heals

Prior to WoD i remember they were pretty strong. If a druid used tranq or shaman used HTT, no one was about to die. However in WoD it feels like they dont do as much as they used to. Granted my healer is still low ilvl, however.

So is this a gear issue or have they been nerfed?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tranquility is still healing as crazy at least, although none of them are healing at an MoP level anymore.

Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
    • Tranquility is now only available to Restoration Druids.
    • Tranquility now heals every Party and Raid member within range every 2 seconds for 8 seconds. It no longer places a periodic effect on each target. The total amount of healing it generates in Raids should be approximately the same as before this change.
    Working as intended.

As a druid make sure you have harmony up while tranqing and for a shaman it will also scale with your mastery which you will accumulate as you gear up. They still do alot. Tranq in every situation and tide more if people are actually low. I'd say it is just a gear thing and maybe a timing issue. They will not heal much if not timed properly.
    You can beef up the tide with a haste buff (heroism, elemental mastery...) gaining more ticks where as you you will only shorten the channel for a tranq (Is that even a good thing?, I don't know. Maybe you would rather have the damage still incoming and that also getting healed up by the tranq). Personally I found the tranq even on my then low geared druid very powerful.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2015-10-23 at 10:27 AM.

Intended. MoP raid CDs were godlike especially in SoO, when you dropped Tranq/HTT/Hymn/etc you knew for sure no one was going to die ever. WoD raid CDs are only effective when every single member is very injured, as the healing is spread across all players.

They're still arguably broken since good CD usage means you can cut healers on progression. HFC was particularly bad for the number of healers being brought as many fights could be done with 4, and a few with 3.

Deleted
    4 healers for 20 man seems intended right?

Yeah other can be 3 healed but other might also need 5 to make the damage more managable so I think the situation is fine.

Deleted
    If you are talking about dungeons, it doesnt do much healing there anymore. But still very strong in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeepsneeft View Post
    4 healers for 20 man seems intended right?

Yeah other can be 3 healed but other might also need 5 to make the damage more managable so I think the situation is fine.
    The only fight we 5 healed after first kill was Iron Reaver, first Gorefiend was 5 heal but next week 1 of our healers was afk and had to 4 heal. Was easier with 4 heals surprisingly.

Blizzard said they wanted Mythic standard to be 5 healers, but that isn't going to work unless they add way more passive damage to fights. Some fights are a joke to heal, such as Xhul'horac.

I don't think your observation should be that surprising. People overestimate what an additional healer does - especially as gear levels rise naturally - and underestimate what more dps does to a fight. As soon as the 10 ilvls hit and thus the dps skyrockets, you will probably be able to heal alot of stuff with just two healers - it going to be great fun as a healer. What a leech trinket would do if you do even more dps than now - think gorefiend's feast phase for example. The dps will be near self-sufficient, as long as they stand in a rain, mushroom or something along those lines.

But healer# hit the mark in the initial progress raid didn't they? Only xhul was 3-healed right off the bat.

Deleted
    As a healer, I kind of wish they'd get rid of them completely, or rework them. They serve very little purpose other than "counter x ability that Blizzard put in there just to make you use a CD". And if you have spare CDs for "oh shit I fucked up" moments, you're probably overhealing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post

But healer# hit the mark in the initial progress raid didn't they? Only xhul was 3-healed right off the bat.
    When they stated repeatedly that their target was that the standard for Mythic would be 5 healers, and 80%+ of the fights use 4 healers or fewer, I don't see how you could say the healer numbers "hit the mark". They failed pretty spectacularly at what they promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post

Kormrok aswell. Assault could have been 2 healed, but people just took 4 because fuck it, it's assault. Saw guilds 3 heal Killrogg if they had an abundance of paladins (a ret, a prot, a holy for 6x bleed removals or more).
    Only fights we 5 healed were Reaver and Council, if memory serves me right.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Kormrok aswell. Assault could have been 2 healed, but people just took 4 because fuck it, it's assault. Saw guilds 3 heal Killrogg if they had an abundance of paladins (a ret, a prot, a holy for 6x bleed removals or more).
    Only fights we 5 healed were Reaver and Council, if memory serves me right.
    For 5 heal fights, it sure wasnt many. I think for progression we only 5 healed reaver, gorefiend, and socrethar. Not sure about other guilds, but again those weren't even really that necessary. Honestly the only fight in progress that felt like it truly needed to be 5 healed was council (when you actually had to deal with mark of the necromancer, when you didn't it was an easy 4 heal) every other fight was just severely lacking in enough damage going out to warrant extra healers. So yeah I would say they were not even close to hitting the mark with number of healers.

Also its kind of sad that now that fight is two healable only 20ish ilvls later, which is part of the problem. Maybe im misremembering previous tiers, but I just dont recall being able to drop healers to such an extreme extent with such a relatively small increase in total gear. It seems like the relative power increase from the beginning of the tier to the end was just way more than previous, given that we haven't even seen big nerfs yet, which is probably an effect of the raid being balanced around not having the rings. How many fights will be solo healed after +10 ivl upgrades? At least 3 or 4 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    For 5 heal fights, it sure wasnt many. I think for progression we only 5 healed reaver, gorefiend, and socrethar. Not sure about other guilds, but again those weren't even really that necessary. Honestly the only fight in progress that felt like it truly needed to be 5 healed was council (when you actually had to deal with mark of the necromancer, when you didn't it was an easy 4 heal) every other fight was just severely lacking in enough damage going out to warrant extra healers. So yeah I would say they were not even close to hitting the mark with number of healers.

Also its kind of sad that now that fight is two healable only 20ish ilvls later, which is part of the problem. Maybe im misremembering previous tiers, but I just dont recall being able to drop healers to such an extreme extent with such a relatively small increase in total gear. It seems like the relative power increase from the beginning of the tier to the end was just way more than previous, given that we haven't even seen big nerfs yet, which is probably an effect of the raid being balanced around not having the rings. How many fights will be solo healed after +10 ivl upgrades? At least 3 or 4 right?
    We ended up bugging the marks out, but was using 5 for safety (didn't want to wipe down just because we had to deal with the marks), so could prob have 4 healed that aswell.
    I do think that SoO was much the same - sure, we had the +8 item level buff later on, but I was 3 man healing stuff in 25 man raids way before that as a disc because OPlol+raid cds.
    I'd also say that it's pretty much equal - HFC is clearly not designed with the ring in mind (due to how it allows you to completly skip mechanics on various bosses), so you can view that as the "big nerf" - the first half of SoO wasn't really done with the cloak in mind it felt, but even so, the power gain from legendary ring feels much bigger than anything we got from cloaks. +10 Ilvls will surely make things much easier than they are now, but fights were 1 healed in SoO by disc priests, and that was in a 25 man setting.

Deleted
    They are still way too powerful. It would make for a better gameplay if they got rid off them entirely.