Might have been targeting MJ fields.... Hmmm

/cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Do I really need to post the link?
    Sure,

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/activity/m.../gas/index.php

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/modelforce/strataer/
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Saying the climate has always and will always change is not nonsense, that's pretty well documented. Just a basic observation of things like Antarctic ice core studies and the like will tell you that the climate is in a perpetual state of flux. The reason where I grew up in Wisconsin is not buried under miles of glacial ice is because the climate changed since the last ice age. Historical climate change is a known fact, not nonsense.

Don't lump those two phrases you quoted into the same category please.
    That phrase is used to infer that the current change is natural, look at the context in which it is used.

Nobody is denying that the climate changes, what the difference here is that it doesn't normally change as the rate it is currently doing, so saying things like "Climate has and always will change" is irrelevant nonsense as nobody is saying it doesn't.

Co2 is increasing in the atmosphere. Denying it now wont help, doing something to counteract the Co2 would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Ignorance and stupidity are good catalysts for denial when it comes to man-made climate change, which is a factual thing that has been happening for quite some time now.
    Depends how you feel about statistics. It has been allegedly "observed" and allegedly "correlated" but never experimentally verified. On a scale between stock market price predictions and planetary orbit predictions, where does your "fact" lie?

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's in the pacific, isn't it a typhoon....?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    If it's in the pacific, isn't it a typhoon....?
    Tomato, tomata. Wikipedia "Pacific Hurricane." No one has really determined that one ocean produces a storm so unique that it's impossible in the other.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Of coarse there is "climate change". We are just not the cause of it.
    So what is the cause? Be specific. Specific mechanisms that drive the change, the rates of change expected, etc. Thanks in advance.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryast View Post
    Depends how you feel about statistics. It has been allegedly "observed" and allegedly "correlated" but never experimentally verified. On a scale between stock market price predictions and planetary orbit predictions, where does your "fact" lie?
    Anthropogenic climate change theory has reached the level of scientific theory, meaning it's as rigourously supported and predictive as things like orbital dynamics. Climate change denial is no different than young-Earth creationism or hollow-Earth conspiracies; it's counterfactual nonsense that only exists by actively denying what evidence we have to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    So what is the cause? Be specific. Specific mechanisms that drive the change, the rates of change expected, etc. Thanks in advance.
    It's like impossible to find information on natural causes of climate change, even though that's what affected the climate for most of earth's life. I suggest the naturally occurring "El Nino" as just one.

*counts americans*
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like impossible to find information on natural causes of climate change, even though that's what affected the climate for most of earth's life. I suggest the naturally occurring "El Nino" has just one.
    It's only "impossible" if you aren't even trying to find it.

http://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/wg1/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Dormant volcanos alone release 5-8 times more CO2 than humans.
    Keep drinking that Kool-aid.
    Oh the irony.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Anthropogenic climate change theory has reached the level of scientific theory, meaning it's as rigourously supported and predictive as things like orbital dynamics. Climate change denial is no different than young-Earth creationism or hollow-Earth conspiracies; it's counterfactual nonsense that only exists by actively denying what evidence we have to work with.
    Curious. Orbital dynamics relies on the "Law of Gravity" which is not the "Theory of Gravity."

Hurricanes used to get stronger going from Africa across the Atlantic now they can go from Cat 1 to Cat 5 in less then 90 miles. This is INSANE
    Oh my god, oh my god! What do we do now? Are we all gonna die?

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Probably because the Earth has been here billions of years and you guys are just as much fearmongering idiots as the people who think Muslims and the big bad communists are going to detroy the world. Climate has and always will change.
    Not at this rate though.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's like impossible to find information on natural causes of climate change, even though that's what affected the climate for most of earth's life. I suggest the naturally occurring "El Nino" as just one.
    Lol, wut? Give me a break guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Curious. Orbital dynamics relies on the "Law of Gravity" which is not the "Theory of Gravity."
    Which means a scientific theory, supported and verified by models and direct observation on a daily basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you seriously going to base your argument on a willfully ignorant refusal to acknowledge what the word "theory" means, in a scientific context?

Gravitation is classified as a "law" because the mechanics of how it propagates still aren't known. Theory is a higher classification. Scientific laws are an observed relationship, scientific theories are the comprehensive explanations of those relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Man made climate change isn't proven or disproven by one off events.

We have a whole set of data that proves man has affected the climate negatively.
    No you have a whole group of people that try and tie climate with human carbon emissions using horrible statistical methods. Then you have people just recite those fake stats like a liberal choir. Global temperature from raw data showed that we cooled in the past century, it wasn't until someone algoed the data that it "corrected" over 100% to show a warming trend.

I don't care what field you study, 100% change from raw data is huge variation

The real problem lies with the increase in pop. And hip pop. That's why I'm not willing to have any children. In fact I will start a new trend called "cyaniding", I'll start!