Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Old ones, but I'm a big fan of the Rec series. (not the remakes)

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    It Follows was nothing special a random B-Movie hyped by 14 year olds like the Paranormal and Insidious crap.

Never understand why ppl liked Insidious just some jumpscares and the "Monster" looked retarded.
    It got nominated at the Cannes Film Festival for Grand Prize (the only U.S film to do it in 2014, mind you, at an international film festival), then went straight into distribution in the U.S. It got no hype (didn't even have time to given its time hack) compared to the shitfest that is the Insidious series. Doesn't matter how you cut it, whether it be its rave reviews or strong contendership at a renowned event, it's a good horror movie. Sorry.

I prefer to build my own opinion and i dont care if the movie won none or a ton of prizes.

You should probably then state it's your opinion, instead of acting like its the commonly accepted opinion.

Not much for Horror but three movies stick out for me. Rose Red (made for TV mini series), Stir of Echos (Kevin Bacon, ignore the sequel) and the more recent Lazarus Effect.

Most "horror" in the last two decades is more about gory shock value than intensity or suspense.
    Last edited by Raeph; 2015-10-24 at 03:13 AM.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

Last good one i saw was The Babadook, Trick R treat, The Mist, I Saw the Devil, Cabin in the Woods (more comedy but a loveletter to 80s horror) and Sinister.
    Now i watch Stonehearst Asylum i hope its as good as the cast.

Pandorum was great i liked the ending but a shame they used no better monsters.
    The babadook was fucking awful. I pride myself on being a horror fanatic, even bad B horror, but that movie was hands down one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I wanted the kid to die pretty early on, what an annoying little shit. And the ending... I just can't even.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hear birdemic is a really scary movie.
    there's also the room that's got some really scary acting.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I guess I should toss in some recommendations.

Trick r Treat. A good film for the holiday.

Conjuring wasn't bad but the original amityville movies were better.

Cabin in the woods is good, but I really wouldn't classify it as traditional horror.

The first 2 Hellraiser movies.

Feast is a great horror/comedy series.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    The babadook was fucking awful. I pride myself on being a horror fanatic, even bad B horror, but that movie was hands down one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I wanted the kid to die pretty early on, what an annoying little shit. And the ending... I just can't even.
    It was a well made B-Movie and the ending was a ok, i bet its not easy to show how to battle a schizophrenia depression and win on screen with a few thousend pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Realsykes View Post
    You should probably then state it's your opinion, instead of acting like its the commonly accepted opinion.
    Well aren't you just a sensitive little flower.

'The Mist' is a pretty great horror movie. The ending is very, very bittersweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    'The Mist' is a pretty great horror movie. The ending is very, very bittersweet.
    I felt bad for the guy at the end. Killing everybody important to him and then the whole apocalypse ends.

Not cool, dont spoiler !

Not cool, dont spoiler !
    Sorry. It's such an old movie I assumed most people have seen it. spoiler tags added.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Sorry. It's such an old movie I assumed most people have seen it. spoiler tags added.
    Do you guys actually red what the OP wrote ? He didnt saw any Horror movies the last 5/6 years.

Do you guys actually red what the OP wrote ? He didnt saw any Horror movies the last 5/6 years.
    The Mist came out in 2007

crimson peak 10/10 movie of the year
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Go watched the new shitty Attack on Titan live action thing, you'll be horrified, guaranteed.

Also, The Mist is awesome.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Just watched It Follows. Terrible movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    crimson peak 10/10 movie of the year
    YEEES! It was so beautifull! A decent horrorish movie for once.