Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    You can cross-realm the brawler's guild :-)

Hexos in MoP infuriated me because the first two times I killed him he died and released my character before despawning the purple walls. And upon no longer being rooted I nudged two inches to the right and was horribly killed, receiving no credit even though he'd died before I did.

I noticed thankfully they fixed this issue in WoD, where I had far less trouble repeating the kill for the dumb little achievement.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    20m Hexos. Never. Not even once. If they put that mechanic in a raid, I will forfeit that entire tier. Never ever doing it again for any reason.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Hexos is frustrating for many people in Brawler's Guild because it's a boss designed around having to attempt it many times, slightly improving on every try until you beat him.

Thing is, it works well in Hexagon where if you fail you just press spacebar once and you're back into it instantly. You can do a hundred attempts to reach 60 seconds eventually and you have no downtime doing this.

In WoW's brawlers guild you are presented with lovely FUCKING CRZ and gorgerous BLOODY 20 MINUTE QUEUE after every single wipe.

That's why Hexos is so hated. That's why many people are pulling their hair out in frustration on this boss.

20 man mythic hexos wouldn't even be so bad. You wipe, rez, go again. You don't have the god damn CRZ Queue boss to beat on every single try. I bet this wouldn't be any harder than high-end heroic bosses at their world-first kill dates. It might even be easier tbh. Hexos in BG is a really simple boss. He does not do any melee damage and he's always auto-faced to you. You just need to concentrate on the maze while doing your dps rotation. That depends on the class you play, some have it easier than others. Stack 20 BM hunters and gg.
    You are assuming all 20 people in hexos group never have even one moment of lag.
    In all the years I have raided almost ever pull some one has at least some minor lag to flat out dcing.
    To count on no lag is assuming a lot.
    Nevermind in every raid group I have been in everyone has been at different skill levels and ability to move out of bad.
    Hexos is unforgiving you have to avoid it or die.
    You can't barely get hit by it like most raid mechanics have some wiggle room.
    While some could do it most tries I could see boredom sinking in at multiple attempts leading to more miscues.
    It would be a night mare.
    Ragnaros world first is indeed tough but really only tough thing is trying to get it done first which means lesser gear and rushing but hexos demands perfection from all.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know this Hexos guy so I went and checked out some videos... OMG this looks much worse than mythic Hanz&Franz

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I didn't know this Hexos guy so I went and checked out some videos... OMG this looks much worse than mythic Hanz&Franz
    He is a pain in the ass to do solo.
    Now imagine a whole raid group doing it perfectly.
    It would be a guild/raid killer.
    People blaming each other for the wipes it would get nasty.

Deleted
    Well hexos in Brawler's Guild is like Hexagon game - you get hit once, you die. Unforgiving and painful just like the game it's based on.

But you could create an interesting boss encounter if you lightened up the rules a bit. Not entire raid but say 3-5 people, a designated group like on Sha of Pride prisons. They get submitted to hexos maze minigame and they have to survive 15 seconds. Let's say that getting hit won't straight up kill you but it will take sizable chunk of life off you - 25% might be a decent number. You cannot be healed or use any sort of damage reduction - this 25% damage would pierce any sort of bubbles, ice blocks etc. This way you can fail up to 3 times before dying, being better at this awards the raid by relieving healers from having to patch you up to 100% once youre back.

Or a different variation - each 1 second survived gives you +10% DPS for 30 seconds, stacking up to 30 - if you surive the whole dance you come out with +300% dmg buff. If you get hit, you get teleported back to the raid with whatever buff you managed to rack up. On high-end difficulty this mechanic could require players to stack the buff high in order to beat enrage timers.

So yeah, using Hexos's dance can be used in a raid encounter. Hexos as a raid boss for 20 players, in pure BG form tho? Nah, propably won't work. Imagine farming this crap once you finally get it down. There's nothing more frustrating than being unable to re-kill a boss you downed already.

Deleted
    The best trick I found was that some classes can completely macro their single target rotation to a single key. e.g. feral. Even if not optimal it can do more than their 60-70% of their max dps at least.

By the way, this could theoretically be cheesed with 20X multiboxing but it's a theoretical question that assumes 20 different people of course.

It could also be avoided if 20 hexuses were spawning with different patterns for each player :P

Also hexos would negate one of the tricks world first raid groups use to defeat bosses.
    To get by some boss mechanics they "sacrifice" a member of two to the mechanic for the greater good of beating the boss.
    With hexos all must do it perfectly or it is a wipe.
    Also repeat kills would still be a nightmare.
    It just wouldn't work

20 man Hexos raid by far. Fuck hexos, that was some really hard stuff. Can't imagine 20 people trying it when it's hard enough with just one, plus 20 people means there's a larger chance for error obviously, so with that I guarantee there would be plenty of fuck ups and people would get impatient with the boss.

Deleted
    I still find it hard to attempt a boss of that calibre on entry gear. To be before the world first on such a boss it means you only had the gear of 3 or 4 clears before it. And maybe no much of legendaries.