Poll: Should they return to the MoP-formula?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Because they're a well thought-out lore-rich shining gem of a race in a genre that's overridden with tired tropes of droll angry "badasses".

It's nice to have something positive in our lives in a RL culture full of cynicism.
    Lore rich? The only Panda that was in Warcraft was Chen and he was a gag!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    That was prior to MoP. You have to be really ignorant to say that MoP didn't have rich Pandaren lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuuj View Post
    There are a lot of people that are thinking that he voiced Lei Shen. Actually Lei Shen's VA is Paul Nakauchi. Can be read here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18000366894#18
    Probably the same kind of people who fall for expansion "Leaks"

Quote Originally Posted by lanana View Post
    Well we all saw this coming, because it happens every expansion.

How old are you??
    Considering you have NO idea how sarcasm works, I have to assume you are the "little one" and not the other way around... But for you I'll explain: The OP used ******** in his topic and I made "fun" of that by censoring the same word in the same way in my reply... But yeah, /pat!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Considering you have NO idea how sarcasm works, I have to assume you are the "little one" and not the other way around... But for you I'll explain: The OP used ******** in his topic and I made "fun" of that by censoring the same word in the same way in my reply... But yeah, /pat!
    But it wasn't sarcasm... Like 3 posts down u talk about how pandas are "crap"?

Clearly your American or something.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    That's not sarcasm...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Well its better than WoD by a long shot. Other than the excessive daily grind, heroics and the content drought at the end of the expansion, I never quite understood why people disliked pandaria unless you vehemently hate the concept of pandas in WoW. Great raiding overall, PvP was decent after the first season, lots of things to do, LFR wasn't quite as brain dead, dailies, interesting legendary questline compared to WoD, timeless isle, pet battles for the pokemon fans, new class, new race.

MoP offered far more than WoD or Cata did not just in content but also in features and I'd even rank it as being slightly better than Wrath overall but still under TBC.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2015-10-24 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    Indeed. I look at the people who seem to hate MoP with a passion as the probably entitled casuals who just complain about everything. The same group of people that goes "vanilla wow was best!!1!!" without ever having playing during vanilla, and most likely joined during Wrath.

Warlords introduced itself quite quickly as the farmville and later selfie expansion. If I wanted that, I'd be on Facebook all the time.

However, MoP didn't fit the style of WoW. It was great fun while it lasted, and I surely do miss it, but it's not really WoW in terms of lore or environments.

The game, mechanically, was far better in the MoP iteration, with the exception of how much CC was available on the PvP side of things. Just about all specs played better prior to the prune. Professions were far better, despite still not being nearly as developed as they should be. LFR implementation in MoP was superior to what you have now, at least until ToT introduced the wipe buff. The farm was vastly superior to garrisons as far as long-term gameplay goes. Player management was also superior, with reforging etc still being an element, as well as a wider variance of "things to do" at end game, especially when you factor IoT in.

Still, the content itself was polarizing, with way way too much tween nonsense especially in the starter areas. Some raids were good (SoO, MSV), others were pretty lackluster (ToES), and others still overrated (ToT). And I'd argue that the 5 mans in MoP were the worst this game has ever produced.

All this really points out is the current state of the game, rather than some longing or revisionist history for Pandaria. It was a decent but flawed expansion. I'd call it middle of the road, better than Cata or WoD, but not anywhere near TBC or Wrath.

"Gee, I miss MoP" is a statement I've never uttered, but then again, I've never said that about WoD either.

Deleted
    Hell no!

I hate everything about MoP! Never played it but being forced to levels characters through is already too much.
    Can't stand pandas or dailies, at least WoD allows you to buy most grindy stuff with gold instead.

Deleted
    Pandaria is worse than WOD, I'd never want that back

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Titans
    Old Gods
    Orcs vs Humans
    Horde Civil War

The only expansion with richer lore was WotLK, imo.

Bit too early to get nostalgic for MoP... atleast I haven't seen people getting nostalgic for Cata yet.

I don't miss it at all. While Pandaria looks good as a continent, I've spend way too much time there and I quickly got sick of the overdone Asian theme. The leveling is really slow and I never cared for its dungeons or raids that much. While the storytelling is done great, the story itself is not that great. Maybe people miss it because Cata and WoD are that terrible by comparison, but TBC and WotLK will stay the top expansions to me.

Not liking MoP doesn't always have to be about just finding the pandaren childish, you know. Its all opinion and there's no need to get upset over it. I personally don't find the pandaren ''childish'', but I never liked how goofy they were designed and behave.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Hell no!

I hate everything about MoP! Never played it but being forced to levels characters through is already too much.
    Can't stand pandas or dailies, at least WoD allows you to buy most grindy stuff with gold instead.
    So you never played it when current but hate it?
    Leveling alts and tons thru expansions one didnt do while current always sucks.
    Know why?
    Because old content.
    Hate the dailies?
    Why are you even doing them now?
    No point since old content.
    Wow I have seen a lot of ridiculous comments made on this forum but I see you trying to get into the top ten of bad.

Deleted
    It was same **** expansion just like WoD is.

Since I quit raiding during Cataclysm I returned a few times as a casual, the most fun of these returns was when I returned in the end of MoP to check out the Timeless Isle and do some PvP. That being said, while I think PvP was at a very good place in MoP and while I would welcome much more of the Timeless Isle formula in coming iterations of Wow, I wouldn't go so far as to say I miss Mists of Pandaria as a whole:

- The lore. A race of cuddly Pandaren who fight for peace and family and who avoid anger because the land of Pandaria is tainted by the Sha? Ridiculous.
    - The dungeons? Have there at anytime in the game been more of a face-roll of content for casual players for whom 5-man dungeons is the pinnacle of PvE content? It was so bad and got old so fast.

The scenery and leveling experience was good, but since Wrath of the Lich King still reigns supreme in terms of scenery, and vanilla reigns supreme in terms of leveling experience, there is no reason to miss Pandaria in that regard. In facct, as I'm already ranting, I might as well say what I miss:

- I miss the leveling experience of vanilla.
    - I miss the dungeon and raiding experience of the Burning Crusade.
    - I miss the lore and the scenery of Wrath of the Lich King.
    - I miss the... can't think of what I miss from Cataclysm..
    - I miss the outdoor content at the end of MoP and it's PvP.*

*Although arguable the PvP of WoD and MoP is pretty much the same, but the difference is that in MoP we had 3 new battlegrounds that kept it fresh and added to the fun.

So there you have it, the ultimate expansion would draw from multiple sources not just one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria was garbage. Top 3 worst expansion made to this game. Get real.

Deleted
    MoP had loads of cool story, little things to do in the world outside and good raids.
    WoD has good raids.

Yeah, I kinda miss MoP as well.

Deleted
    Well, 14 months of SoO did ruin Pandaria a bit for me. But yes, I agree. Pandaria was (for me at least) the second favorite Expansion. Probably because I enjoyed the story and the landscapes. The only thing I hated in MoP was the PvP so in my eyes MoP comes after WotlK in terms of how much fun I had.

Deleted
    Must admit Pandaria had the best quality in terms of design and terrain. Wotlk was equally great for Ulduar. Northrend also is an amazingly well-worked continent. But Pandaria, also thanks to the improved graphic, is a masterpiece