View Poll Results: Should Raiding Trash Be Changed?

Voters
396. This poll is closed
  • Yes, there is too much trash.

153 38.64%
  • No, Its fine the way it is.

152 38.38%
  • There should be an option for raid leaders to disable trash after the first clear.

74 18.69%
  • I really don't care.

61 15.40%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Should Raiding Trash be Changed?

Thoughts and explanations! Go!

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they should add lots more trash with a harder difficulty and lower epic BoE drop rates.

edit: Can't vote in your poll since you don't have the option I choose.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Yes, they should add lots more trash with a harder difficulty and lower epic BoE drop rates.

edit: Can't vote in your poll since you don't have the option I choose.
    I'm all for harder trash, but that's generally great the first time and an absolutely chore when doing farm content and the trash takes forever to kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

First of all, I think raids should be shorter. 3-5 bosses. And the trash needs to be more interesting and do more than just be a pain until you get to the boss.

I'd rather see more randomly generated mini bosses with random mechanics (see Diablo) in the trash packs with random good loot drops. Or doing something good on trash provides you with a buff for the boss it precedes.

Either way, I like trash on paper as a thing to make the dungeon/raid feel populated, but it's so uninteresting and unrewarding that it just feels like pointless filler you have to drudge through to get to the good stuff.

I don't really care either way, but it would be interesting to see different ways of dealing with trash. like disabling it after so many clears & or different trash all together each week or every other.

7+ Year Old Account
    My opinion:

I have literally no idea what everybody else looks for in a RAID. For me when I RAID, I want to do exactly that... RAID. Not spend 30mins+ on the mountains and mountains of trash that litter the halls of every raid. The gear is nice, especially since some people have BiS pieces from trash, which is where that option would come into play. The raid could vote to leave it on or turn it off, makes the raiding experience 99999% more flexible and time efficient depending on what raid groups want.

Just my opinion, pls no shoot kaze! o.O

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Didn't Trial show that people cared about the environment and trash?
    Personally, I think trash should be skippable to an extent, but the trash that can be skipped, is a beast who drops the BoE's. That way there is incentive to do it, but you can skip larger chunks of it. At the same time, I guess it would kill some of the immersion of some places, to be able to invade a fortress and not run into a fight prior to a boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

I think trash is in a good spot atm. I don't ever want to go back to calling raids an hour or 2 early because trash takes that long. Plus you get a preview of boss abilities, not that it matters when everyone uses guides anyway.

The game doesn't need anymore Crusader raids. Having experience with AQ40, Naxx40, SSC and TK trash I know there's a point where it becomes mind numbing but as long as they don't tune to that scale anymore there's no reason not to have trash nor have the ability to remove it with a portrait click.

I'd like to see them get more dynamic with zone designs and scripting of both trash and bosses. Something like you have to send like 5-10 raiders to another section of the instance to basically hold back an insane amount of reinforcements that are trying to rush to the aid of the boss you're killing. They'd have to code it to allow for everyone to qualify for loot even so far apart but it would make the fight more cinematic and intense than most of the stuff we've seen for awhile now. Would allow for breaking the mold on the 'standard raid comp' issue that you see being discussed from time to time, satisfy those people and guilds who want to see more than 2 tank fights
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

There's too much at times. Trash is good for introducing a few of a boss's abilities, but nothing more. They don't (and shouldn't) pose a serious challenge, and are really only there to make the raid feel bigger by blocking your path to a next boss. But, something like the trash before Tyrant (and to a lesser extend, Kormrok) is just absolutely insane with how much there is.

One of those convenience things where people ask for it to be gone then find the game just isn't the same atmospherically or immersively without it.

I wouldn't want them to remove or change trash.

Deleted
    Bad poll man. It needs more options or an "other" option because you only added your opinions there. I can not vote only those opinions.

I would say something like "avoid trash after 4 clears".

Kinda like the Gorefiend attunement now.

Usually trash is fine for me the first time through. After that it just becomes tiresome and for myself, and others I know, it just causes you to get tired as you go through the raid so when you make it to a boss you make a silly mistake. Right now trash is mind numbing and I think too much. They could at least cut back on half the trash for most bosses.

I hate trash. I mean there should be SOME trash on the way to a boss, but in some raids there's so much that I just kind of shut down until we get to the boss. It's boring, and when you're doing it enough it can get mentally taxing. Add on to the fact that I main a rogue and many trash pulls are AoE fests or involve a lot of running back and forth and just... ugh. I feel the same way about dungeons, tbh.

But I suppose it depends. There has to be a sweet spot between TOO MUCH TRASH and no trash at all.

You know, I didn't really mind most of the trash in ICC. But the last time I seriously raided before ICC had been MC/BWL/AQ40. Which is where my intense hatred of trash comes from (I literally did not step foot into MC except for one or two times mid-cata, until the 10th anniversary event. That's how much I hated trash in MC).

I only did a little raiding in cata but I don't recall getting annoyed with the trash the same way I did in parts of MoP raids (the troll one/the last two wings of SOO especially) and most of the WoD raids.

ETA: I didn't step foot into BT or the sunwell raid until I was level 90, but going through those made me kind of glad I missed all that trash.

Deleted
    Basically before each boss' trash there would be an NPC that one can talk to. If you are the raid leader and you + the majority of the rest in the raid group have done the trash at least 4 times, the NPC would have a talking point option. "Yes, we'd like you to storm the enemies with your troops for us".

It would need no quest, just an internal counter handled by Blizzard.

I'm a STRONG advocate for NO TRASH. The only argument I hear is that it's logical in the RPG sense of storming the bosses gates he is going to have guards. But in gameplay barely anyone finds it fun at all, its just a waste of time, people raid to do the bosses. There's boe's from trash which has been around forever but i didn't have a problem with highmaul having some bosses have some boe loot on the tables.

I'd prefer none at all or to just do it once or twice, also its just annoying when its complex, some of the hfc trash is such a drag and theres way too much of it. All useless.

My personal biggest problem with totc wasn't the lack of trash, but the lack of variety in surroundings/aesthetics.

Trash is fine when killing it actually gives you a feeling of progressing towards something, like the reputation gear. My personal ideal would be if they added a trash kill counter which, when filled, would award the raid with a drop from its own loot table.

Deleted
    Trash mobs bosses.
    Trash is the boss fight
    I liked that.

As the first comment says, the poll is too biased thus I cannot give an answer.