Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Alot of gamers are hostile not only in the /r section. Just look at some comments here on this forum.
    I guess alot of people got some personal issues IRL and use that frustration on the internet against other people. I guess
    you should just ignore the hostile responses.

Mostly becauyse of this

but it's not /r/ related - everywhere on the internet is the same.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    Asked a question about the point of PS4 Exclusives.

Basically what I wondered was whats the point you know? Is it for collectors? Paying for another console just for an exlusive seems insane to me. And since I figure most people already have a PS4 by now, so why mass produce them?
    Well I got an answer that I was simply for the people that wanted to get into ps4 gaming, paying for a bundle and an exlusive thing, instead of paying for the Playsation, then the game, and then not get anything exclusive.

Well I thanked him, and well there the shit begun. 20 dislikes and comment such as: "You're seriously that stupid not to understand this?" 12+ likes. "Wow you're the biggest Idiot I've ever seen." 5+ likes. "Kill yourself retard." +3 likes. I mean fucking seriously, why does gamers have to be such assholes? I am full of hate myself, but I tried to be nice this time. Everytime I try being nice on a forum I get shit back, that is partly why I've become so hostile myself because the only way to reason with assholes is to be an asshole back.

Maybe this is just reddit, but Fanboys is hostile aswell. I've said this in a previous thread but here we go again. Made a thread on the offical hearthstone forums about the new GvG cards I thought were OP, and I asked nicely how to counter them. Again, all I got was a lot of death threats and uninstall posts with many likes and my post getting buried with dislikes. THEN THE EXACT FUCKING DAY AFTER a popular hearthstone personality posted THE SAME FUCKING CARDS that I said and he got like: "I totally agree." "Totally broken yes" "What is this blizzard?!! Fix it!!!"

Gamers are very angry. Very very and sad angry trolls. Peace.
    Until people are required to be tied to their offline information via some sort of global internet login, people will use their anonymity to be hard asses. There currently is no consequence to acting the way they do, so they will be as foul and terrible as they want.

I totally agree that it is incredibly sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Mostly becauyse of this

but it's not /r/ related - everywhere on the internet is the same.
    Exactly. It is global to all avenues of the internet.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Because /r/games is a self congratulatory circlejerk of wannabe Totalbiscuit's or Jim Sterling's where the top posts for any popular game almost alway bashed as being "shallow and pedantic". God help it if you actually like a mainstream game or console release that isn't running at 1080p and 60fps. What a bunch of twats. I stopped being subscribed there ages ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Because /r/games is a self congratulatory circlejerk of wannabe Totalbiscuit's or Jim Sterling's where the top posts for any popular game almost alway bashed as being "shallow and pedantic". God help it if you actually like a mainstream game or console release that isn't running at 1080p and 60fps. What a bunch of twats. I stopped being subscribed there ages ago.
    You said it better than I was going to say it but thats exactly what /r/games is.

Quote Originally Posted by aryianna View Post
    will go out of their way to down vote me right down to my cute puppy photos! Ignore the idiots and move on.
    Are you sure it's not because of those puppy photo's, rather than regardless of?

I've never joined Reddit, though I'd assume that the extreme ease of being able to post one's thoughts without a second thought combined with anonmyity would allow the game's (Halo) target audience of younger, unrestrained players to do so in acrid taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Internet is a strange beast, many things here are backwards. A comment, "Suck my dick", will usually have more likes than an intelligent 20 sentences long response; the latter few people will even read to the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Going to happen when the audience is just that large. Youtube comments are among the worse I have seen. Scratch that, I forgot about Twitch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    This. The only gaming related subreddits i've found to be friendly are (surprisingly enough) the MOBA ones (No clue what r/dota is like though).
    r/dota2 is the promised land of maymays

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Going to happen when the audience is just that large. Youtube comments are among the worse I have seen. Scratch that, I forgot about Twitch.
    Twitch chat is just a load of people being stupid and having fun (mostly)

People in youtube comments get genuinely angry at... nothing really.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    Gamers are very angry. Very very and sad angry trolls. Peace.
    It's still just a vocal minority. Majority of gaming community is silent and just doesn't let it get to them. Those who speak up in an angry manner are the few who don't have control over themselves, who have chosen the wrong priorities in their lives, or are just flat out taking joy in badmouthing. If you don't like it I suggest you don't go there, because after all, you can choose to ignore them.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because reddit. It's your daily source of evil.

The truth hurts sometimes. Some people respond poorly when you point out their Warcraft card game is designed to curve the median outcome to 50/50 win-loss and maintain an extremely low skill curve to appeal to the broadest playerbase possible. Gotta earn those Megabucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    The truth hurts sometimes. Some people respond poorly when you point out their Warcraft card game is designed to curve the median outcome to 50/50 win-loss and maintain an extremely low skill curve to appeal to the broadest playerbase possible. Gotta earn those Megabucks.
    idk what does it have to do with r/games, heck even games hate how hearthstone is doing some stupid powercreep to create more ca$$$$$$$$$$hhhhhh
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

If there was a subreddit about kittens, chocolate, and rainbows you'd get people from PETA and a bunch of homophobic people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    People in youtube comments get genuinely angry at... nothing really.
    What the fuck did you just say about youtube you miserable piece of filth? I'll have you know that youtube people are far more intelijent than you can ever hop to be. ur just jealus cus ur a nobody so go back to playing you're twohu or w/e.

Ps. get on steam, I have to show you a picture of my balls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Affixiation View Post
    What the fuck did you just say about youtube you miserable piece of filth? I'll have you know that youtube people are far more intelijent than you can ever hop to be. ur just jealus cus ur a nobody so go back to playing you're twohu or w/e.

Ps. get on steam, I have to show you a picture of my balls.
    Oh fuck I forgot I blocked you over a week ago for something else lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Because reddit. It's your daily source of evil.
    Basically. Voting systems bring out the worst in people.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.