Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As a seasoned Halo player this game went pretty much how I expected. A solid campaign story worthy of the legacy, and inferior multiplayer due to crap like sprint and abilities lowering the skill gap. The hit detection and smoothness are on point, among the best of the series, but the pacing is a lot different than previous Halos and leads to less intelligent play being rewarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    edit: Having an opinion on the internet: drunk and shouldve gone to bed edition.
    ---------------
    So since i just played Halo 5 for the last 7 hours and went through some campaign and multiplayer, and got myself drunk and stoned directly afterwards, I can say: NO. This game isnt worth the title of "Halo".

Reasons listed below:

1. It has a subtitle: Guardians. We might as well had suspected it would be shit just because its only the cool games that get to have sub titles.

2. Feminism/Sexism/Racism Padding: MC isnt lead role anymore. It's Spartan "Locke" now. A guy we have never seen before, never heard of, which has no character growth during the campaign, starts a fight with MC as soon as he can; A mediocre filler character. The moment Team Osiris sets foot on the planet Arbiter is chillin' at, the female of the team cant wait to mention how its "so amazing that females are part of the warmonger group, war was usually for dem silly boys not for dem gurlzzz". It is clear 343 tried to pad their game so much they would never get criticized by any activist group.

3. Oh right, Masterchief: Remember Blue Team? You know, the spartans MC grew up with but John was the only one to survive the Fall of Reach (leading into Halo1, the masterchief being the only spartan remaining in existence)? Theyre back. Back from the dead. Chillin around with the horrible AI that was written for them, while youre 5 kilometers up ahead actually playing the game. Being the masterchiefs family. Making him spill his feelings to them. Or did i need to read books to explain why MC turned into a wuss with undead family members?

4. Co-op: So yeah. Co-op is mandatory now to have a proper experience. Else you have 3 bots running after you. But wait, co-op used to be great fun in Halo so I dont mind that at all! Wait... wait what? This just came in: no more splitscreen. The Halo benchmark just got doubled down a notch.

5. The weird 60fps vs 30fps debate: This game will be remembered for all eternity to prove the difference between 60 and 30 fps. The game looks beautiful in every way. Well except the shadow glitches, and the fact that all AI controlled units are moving at 30fps - in a 60fps framerate. It makes for a wonky, ridiculous look. Try zooming in and check out those enemies when theyre not in contact with you and enjoy the 90's style of animation. Let it forever be known human eyes can see above 30 fps.

6. Not to mention the rest of the dead: Welcome back cortana, and how soon it took for you COUGH COUGH the writers to turn you in the villain. .

7. Multiplayer feels pay 2 win: Nothing to be said there, or am I starting to get that old and turn in my parents that couldnt play a game without dieing?

As you can read I am very salty and I cannot wait to see what the internet thinks of my ultra drunk saltyness about this game. I can understand Halo needs to go somewhere WITHOUT the masterchief, but this is just the worst way of introducing CHANGE to the series.

EDIT: "atleast youre not halo 5" actually just became a catchphrase in my friendsgroup.
    Last edited by Feroxxy; 2015-10-28 at 11:52 AM. Reason: eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Unfort after your placed you cant go down a league only to the base rank of your league.

- - - Updated - - -

I loved the shit out of halo 3, but when i went back to play it in the MCC i came to realize of the 4 halo games it was the most clunky, the most unrefined. Halo 2 still stands as halos crowning achievement and i think the area combat in halo 5 is as close to that as we will get.

Its like you havnt played a fps game in the past 5 years, this is the norm for fast paced combat, You can turn this shit off in customs but its really easy to graps, i dunno why you had to read a forum when you could have sat in a custom and knocked it out in 5 minutes.
    You can go up a league, but only IF you WIN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    As a seasoned Halo player this game went pretty much how I expected. A solid campaign story worthy of the legacy, and inferior multiplayer due to crap like sprint and abilities lowering the skill gap. The hit detection and smoothness are on point, among the best of the series, but the pacing is a lot different than previous Halos and leads to less intelligent play being rewarded.
    The skill gap went up my friend. Not down. It's a lot easier to see the difference between a good and great player now.

(leading into Halo1, the masterchief being the only spartan remaining in existence)
    Um did they ever say he was the only one left? The books very much covered that he wasnt the only one left.

7. Multiplayer feels pay 2 win: Nothing to be said there, or am I starting to get that old and turn in my parents that couldnt play a game without dieing?
    Please explain how its pay to win? Arena the reqs have nothing to do with and warzone is a novelty gametype thats not the real bread and butter.

Feminism/Sexism/Racism
    Always love when the SJW/feminsts bring up issues that arnt issues and find a problem where there isnt one.

You can go up a league, but only IF you WIN.
    yeh but id be a bigger fan if you could derank leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Feroxxy View Post
    So since i just played Halo 5 for the last 7 hours and went through some campaign and multiplayer, and got myself drunk and stoned directly afterwards, I can say: NO. This game isnt worth the title of "Halo".

Reasons listed below:

1. It has a subtitle: Guardians. We might as well had suspected it would be shit just because its only the cool games that get to have sub titles.

2. Feminism/Sexism/Racism Padding: MC isnt lead role anymore. It's Spartan "Locke" now. A guy we have never seen before, never heard of, which has no character growth during the campaign, starts a fight with MC as soon as he can; A mediocre filler character. The moment Team Osiris sets foot on the planet Arbiter is chillin' at, the female of the team cant wait to mention how its "so amazing that females are part of the warmonger group, war was usually for dem silly boys not for dem gurlzzz". It is clear 343 tried to pad their game so much they would never get criticized by any activist group.

3. Oh right, Masterchief: Remember Blue Team? You know, the spartans MC grew up with but John was the only one to survive the Fall of Reach (leading into Halo1, the masterchief being the only spartan remaining in existence)? Theyre back. Back from the dead. Chillin around with the horrible AI that was written for them, while youre 5 kilometers up ahead actually playing the game. Being the masterchiefs family. Making him spill his feelings to them. Or did i need to read books to explain why MC turned into a wuss with undead family members?

4. Co-op: So yeah. Co-op is mandatory now to have a proper experience. Else you have 3 bots running after you. But wait, co-op used to be great fun in Halo so I dont mind that at all! Wait... wait what? This just came in: no more splitscreen. The Halo benchmark just got doubled down a notch.

5. The weird 60fps vs 30fps debate: This game will be remembered for all eternity to prove the difference between 60 and 30 fps. The game looks beautiful in every way. Well except the shadow glitches, and the fact that all AI controlled units are moving at 30fps - in a 60fps framerate. It makes for a wonky, ridiculous look. Try zooming in and check out those enemies when theyre not in contact with you and enjoy the 90's style of animation. Let it forever be known human eyes can see above 30 fps.

6. Not to mention the rest of the dead: Welcome back cortana, and how soon it took for you COUGH COUGH the writers to turn you in the villain. .

As you can read I am very salty and I cannot wait to see what the internet thinks of my ultra drunk saltyness about this game. I can understand Halo needs to go somewhere WITHOUT the masterchief, but this is just the worst way of introducing CHANGE to the series.

EDIT: "atleast youre not halo 5" actually just became a catchphrase in my friendsgroup.
    So lets see here, you're completely fucking wrong about the Chief's team being dead and him being the sole surviving Spartan II, I mean holy fuck you don't know a fucking thing about the story, zero, nada, motherfucker. The Co-op works just fine. As for the FPS issue there's not much to say besides current consoles lack severely behind modern PC's. Also Cortona was never dead.

Also how in the fuck is MP pay 2 win? Seriously please inform us, I mean the competitive side in arena isn't affected by the REQ pack stuff, only warzone. It's not our fault you don't read any of the books or pay attention to other games/animated series. It also doesn't help that you're probably fucking horrible at the game and need to cry "pay 2 win". Next time comeback with something useful to say rather than herp derp I'm fucking wrong because I fail to follow the story.

Halo has only been out a day and Destiny is already considered better. Whelp, glad I didn't buy it. Link

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Halo has only been out a day and Destiny is already considered better. Whelp, glad I didn't buy it. Link
    Destiny is better than what? Aids? Sorry but bungie is shit now, has been since reach. Enjoy grinding your loot cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Destiny is better than what? Aids? Sorry but bungie is shit now, has been since reach. Enjoy grinding your loot cave.
    They nerfed my loot cave

And honest question Zeta, have you played Destiny? As in given it a fair shot.
    Last edited by Hexian; 2015-10-28 at 05:05 AM.

clicks link sees it's forbes....laughs hysterically....

Are you honestly going to take the opinion of a video game written for forbes...as fact? Destiny was crap in vanilla and left a bad enough taste that the only way im buying it again is for PS4, and even then it will probably have to be bundled with the console. Not spending extra money on it. It also left a bad enough taste in a lot of peoples mouths to not go back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    clicks link sees it's forbes....laughs hysterically....

Are you honestly going to take the opinion of a video game written for forbes...as fact? Destiny was crap in vanilla and left a bad enough taste that the only way im buying it again is for PS4, and even then it will probably have to be bundled with the console. Not spending extra money on it. It also left a bad enough taste in a lot of peoples mouths to not go back to it.
    Yet it has emerged as an extremely polished, stable, and popular shooter. Destiny in a way is like Diablo3, both started off rocky, but with patches and xpacs have become extremely good games and Destiny made those changes much faster. The article brought up some good points, like it or not. What you see is what you are going to get with Halo 5....until Halo 6. Destiny is constantly evolving and the game mechanics are much better compared to Halo.

They nerfed my loot cave

And honest question Zeta, have you played Destiny? As in given it a fair shot.
    yes i have. Its terrible, the amount of content is sad and bungies monitization is the sad downfall of what used to be an amazing studio. There is a reason most destiny players stop playing 1-2 weeks after every new content.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet it has emerged as an extremely polished, stable, and popular shooter. Destiny in a way is like Diablo3, both started off rocky, but with patches and xpacs have become extremely good games and Destiny made those changes much faster. The article brought up some good points, like it or not. What you see is what you are going to get with Halo 5....until Halo 6. Destiny is constantly evolving and the game mechanics are much better compared to Halo.
    Then go play it and enjoy bungie jacking all your cash for new emotes.

What you missed and that Forbes article does point at is that Halo is all about that competitive multiplayer. That's what makes Halo 5 shine right now, it has a balanced and fun competitive multiplayer unlike Destiny. Destiny is simply unbalanced and lacks a competitive environment, I don't think Bungie even cares for that. Both are good games, I'll still raid in Destiny but that's about it, I've been waiting for a good competitive FPS that wasn't CoD or CSGO and Destiny kept me occupied with other games on top of that but now that I've put in over 100 multiplayer games in a single day I can say this Halo was finally done right in regards to competitive PvP.

Other than occasional lag I've never felt destiny pvp was unbalanced and I always found it really fun.

I honestly find it hard to play halo multiplayer since I keep trying to play like destiny. Controls just don't feel as good though I'm sure I'll adjust with time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched gameplay of it for about an hour last night.
    Looks exactly like the last 4-5 Halo's, half of the maps even look the same.
    No thanks. It stopped being good after like 2, maaaaybe halo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Other than occasional lag I've never felt destiny pvp was unbalanced and I always found it really fun.

I honestly find it hard to play halo multiplayer since I keep trying to play like destiny. Controls just don't feel as good though I'm sure I'll adjust with time.
    Lag isn't the issue, it comes down to some weapons being much much better than others. Issues like the Thorn meta or Suros meta were big issues, right now PvP in Destiny is in a better state but it still has a long way to go before it can become an actual competitive game especially with some supers being much much better than others, I don't really see them trying to fine tune balance it as I don't believe Bungie really cares for it, that is fine though. Halo on the other hands is all about weapon balance, fair starts and the ability to take down enemies who have power weapons from the map. Halo 5 nailed the competitive aspect down and that's all I was looking for, Cod/CSGO never filled that void for me and after reach and 4 I've been missing it since Halo 3.

If you like endlessly grinding content sure it's a great game....Destiny is rubbish and will continue to be rubbish until Bungie stops tripping over themselves.

Also, as Iamanerd said, Halo 5 and Destiny are not the same kind of game even though they are both FPS. Halo is a competitive shooter, where as destiny will never be that until they make crucible modes that get rid of supers and force complete balance on all weapons. It's a joke in comparison.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2015-10-29 at 12:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been a blast so far. Wish they spent more time with the chief but Locke and Osiris are cool too. It helps if your read the books and I may have missed one because who the fuck is the green ai on board infinity? The one in the pilot suit.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Been a blast do far. Wish they spent more time with the chief but Locke and Osiris are cool too. It helps if your read the books and I may have missed one because who the fuck is the green ai on board infinity? The one in the pilot suit.
    That's my issue with the campaign a little bit, it seems like it helps a lot if you read the books(which I don't but I absolutely want to get into them). The multiplayer is the best it's been since Halo 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    That's my issue with the campaign a little bit, it seems like it helps a lot if you read the books(which I don't but I absolutely want to get into them). The multiplayer is the best it's been since Halo 2.
    I thought I had read em all. I knew about the mantle and the didactic and the domain all that stuff but they really dug into it and found stuff I hadn't been aware of. On the one hand it did kinda suck not knowing who that dude was but I mean i just looked it up. It also means shit 343 is really committed to halo. It's their baby and they love it just as much as we do. They are not only the developers but they are also fans of the game and the extended universe. The passion for the game really shines through. 9/10 for sure.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

7+ Year Old Account
    i thought the halo's destroyed the domain because it was super brain wavez just like what the flood fed on? it was one of those 'this sucks' side effects