View Poll Results: Can You Be Transethnic?

Voters
55. This poll is closed
  • Yes

12 21.82%
  • No

43 78.18%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    I know some white as Casper South Africans who used that to their advantage
    Yo wtf, you are triggering me by calling some poor albino black man a white man. This is very offensive to who I am as a white male.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Yep.

I think she's a 15-year old socially dysfunctional girl who has emerged herself way too much in anime. I think she's as scientifically literate as most 15-year olds and has been filling her head with the Tumblr approach to identity.
    Either that or I call Poe's law. Well in any case that's pretty much textbook example of weaboo. Oh and such a lovely wall of text. I wonder how people can type such massive texts without using at least tiny bit of paragraphing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dear lord, please tell me that poll is the result of trolls..

Deleted
    I know where this thread will go

Deleted
    On a more serious note:

I can see transgender as something that happens. Being transethnic or transabled... yeah, no. Better see a shrink about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I am me not you View Post
    There is a girl on reddit who has come out as a transethnic Japanese woman. You can read her story below:

Here is the full reddit post, I recommend you read it because it's written so beautifully
    https://reddit.com/r/animecirclejerk...a_transethnic/

This post brought a tear to my eye as it was so emotional. Do you support Yuki too, or do you believe its impossible to be naturally transethnic?
    Hahaha! She's 16! She's desperately trying to fit in. She'll grow out of it. She doesn't fit in with her own culture so she adopts another one to try and fit into that one. This is such typical teenager behavior that I it laughable anyone would care about it.

I wonder wherre all the transethnic Zimbabweans are?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    Either that or I call Poe's law. Well in any case that's pretty much textbook example of weaboo. Oh and such a lovely wall of text. I wonder how people can type such massive texts without using at least tiny bit of paragraphing.
    Teenage girls write like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you calling people that are transethnic liers and trolls? That is disgusting behaviour. We need to embrace the way they were born.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Hahaha! She's 16! She's desperately trying to fit in. She'll grow out of it. She doesn't fit in with her own culture so she adopts another one to try and fit into that one. This is such typical teenager behavior that I it laughable anyone would care about it.
    It's scary that she felt the need to commit suicide because of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be whatever or whoever you want to be but don't think you're special because of it.

This seems a pretty fair troll. But it's actually something I've been thinking about for a few months. If someone genuinely believes they are something, aren't they? If so, where is the line that makes them mentally unwell?

I dobut the post on reddit is genuine. So what's the harm not being serious in my own answer?

Quote Originally Posted by I am me not you View Post
    There is a girl on reddit who has come out as a transethnic Japanese woman. You can read her story below:

Here is the full reddit post, I recommend you read it because it's written so beautifully
    https://reddit.com/r/animecirclejerk...a_transethnic/

This post brought a tear to my eye as it was so emotional. Do you support Yuki too, or do you believe its impossible to be naturally transethnic?
    TL;DR: "and I am almost 16. "
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    It's scary that she felt the need to commit suicide because of this.
    In all fairness, that is very Japanese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so is she of Japanese heritage but was brought up in the US or something and this is her real name or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The Japanese are pretty xenophobic. They aren't going to accept some 16 year old white girl from Alabama as one of their own. They tolerate tourists but not permanent residents.
    Well then we need to teach the Japaneses to not be such bigots.
    #SayNoToTransethnicExclusionaryRadicalJapaneses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Are you calling people that are transethnic liers and trolls? That is disgusting behaviour. We need to embrace the way they were born.
    We don't need to embrace them. They need to embrace themselves. We have these fine jackets that can help them with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    In all fairness, that is very Japanese.
    Lol harsh

But true.

I started referring to Japan and his people by using ‘we.’ I had developed enough self-confidence in myself because of anime to believe I deserve to belong to such a perfect place
    Poor girl. I used to watch a lot of anime too when I was a teen but completely lose yourself in that? Sorry, there's a lot of bad parenting going on there...

10+ Year Old Account
    Wh-what did I read.

No, she's not transethnic. She's not Japanese. She can be an expat and go live there, and all the power to her (I greatly respect people who do that), but she'll be an expat and nothing more. She won't "magically" become Japanese.