Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's a very niche game, very old school and most people actually knowing of it are either CBT players, KOR players and hardcore RO fans.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys pretend to acquire the early beta access?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was quite intrigued by this as it looked cute, but I am neither paying 50€ for it, nor am I going to play on US servers. That's just asking for 200ms+. Seems a shame though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Do you guys pretend to acquire the early beta access?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    I was quite intrigued by this as it looked cute, but I am neither paying 50€ for it, nor am I going to play on US servers. That's just asking for 200ms+. Seems a shame though.
    I think that the 9.99 package is fine - i don't care much for the pet/hats and since everyone is getting 1 month independently from the price it's all about how much you want to spend in premium coins.

As for NA servers only - it sucks. However i played the iCBT and while ping was definitely around the 150-200ms i didn't felt hindered by it. Maybe at first but then rapidly got used to it.

I just hope that in case of an EU server later they will open free character migration - otherwise it would be a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I just hope that in case of an EU server later they will open free character migration - otherwise it would be a scam.
    A scam is when people sell you something saying it's A and you get B. They're not doing that.

As far as EU servers go:
    https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/upd...servers/152613
    Staff_Julie

This is not an official announcement. The FAQ covering everything on this post and other important issues will be updated the next business day.

Previously, I answered inquiries regarding whether or not you can receive the FP items on a "EU server" by stating the following:

The FP is tied to the NA server so you won't be able to receive it on the EU server.

I have received word that the FP is not tied to the NA server. You are more than welcome to keep the FP benefits in your in-game mailbox until you find a suitable server to settle in. :slight_smile:
    In other words, don't use your items until there's a definitive answer to the question: Will there be EU servers(?). Me personally, even if there will be EU servers, if it's playable on the US servers and everyone speaks English, I am very unlikely to switch.

Transfer of characters and items between servers is unavailable at the moment and is a feature undergoing debate, and somehow that led me to believe the FP can't be redeemed on a "EU server." This is my mistake, and I'd like to take this moment to apologize for the confusion it caused.

I didn't want to mislead you to purchasing the FP solely based on the fact that there is a "possibility" of a EU server opening. Even so, my discretion had a fallacy and I should have covered it more thoroughly.

That being said, please keep in mind at all times that nothing should be assumed until announced. Anything can happen; internal decisions can be revoked at the last minute before making their way to you, even.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when everything is "undecided" and "TBA." I personally apologize on behalf of IMC for any lack of information, but please understand that we cannot provide sure answers on what's to come or not to come until they're actually decided.

I repeat, do not assume anything until directly announced by IMC. Please take a step back and try to remain neutral.

I tried to include everything to prevent further confusion, but if I missed something, please let me know and I'll update this thread accordingly.

Other unclear issues such as 1:1 trading (especially the questionable description of Tokens on the announcement) and being gifted the same DLC pack after you've already bought one will be addressed the next business day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    A scam is when people sell you something saying it's A and you get B. They're not doing that.
    Yeah, bad word choice from me. Wasn't able to think anything better :P

Anyway it's nice that EU servers are still being discussed and that i can keep the gifts in my mailbox indefinitely. And i agree with the fact that the only real point in switching will be the actual "playability" of the game.

Only thing i really need to know is where the BR/RU/FR/DE etc communities are to avoid them It's not fun to look at a chat where everyone speaks a different language and i don't get anything of it.

Only thing i really need to know is where the BR/RU/FR/DE etc communities are to avoid them It's not fun to look at a chat where everyone speaks a different language and i don't get anything of it.
    That's the truth :P

On a more game-related topic: iirc there was only one class that could form a guild - is this still the case? I would like to create a mmoc social guild for everyone here to gather together.

On a more game-related topic: iirc there was only one class that could form a guild - is this still the case? I would like to create a mmoc social guild for everyone here to gather together.
    I haven't tried making a guild, but I love the idea! Apparently there's some EXP party-sharing mode where all players can get proportional XP, even if the level difference is very large, though details elude me.

Oh it's only -10 +10 ...disappoint ..
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-03-21 at 02:07 PM.

Well, this would be a good side effect, but to have a place or even a chat channel to chill out with others would be cool imho. I'll forward to it when in game - does it have some kind of special requirement then or any char could start a guild?

Well, this would be a good side effect, but to have a place or even a chat channel to chill out with others would be cool imho. I'll forward to it when in game - does it have some kind of special requirement then or any char could start a guild?
    Apologies, I made that very hard to understand, my mind skipped a few tracks.

A guild would be a good idea, because it allows us all to party up more often, or at least more easily. A party has XP sharing in a -10 +10 range (or so its rumored).

Guilds:

https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavio...s_work_in_tos/

So maybe we should ..divert to, say:
    http://www.tosbase.com/guilds/

Not sure how that's going to work with chat though ..maybe go back to old-fashioned IRC xD

Well, i can easily create a new Discord channel specifically for this (can even put it in place this week before the 29th) so we will have both chats and voice channels if needed. Plus it's free and imho really good.

So we will have a good platform as start, then we will see. On the Skill simulator the Templar has a bunch of guild related skills, but nothing mentioning the "create a guild" power.

Well, i can easily create a new Discord channel specifically for this (can even put it in place this week before the 29th) so we will have both chats and voice channels if needed. Plus it's free and imho really good.

So we will have a good platform as start, then we will see. On the Skill simulator the Templar has a bunch of guild related skills, but nothing mentioning the "create a guild" power.

Rank 8 isnt available yet afaik. Not sure whether we'll see it 'soon'...

Edit; Discord sounds like a good plan

Deleted
    I wonder if this game will even see regular updates, it doesn't seem to be that popular in korea.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I wonder if this game will even see regular updates, it doesn't seem to be that popular in korea.
    Could you put some numbers up?

Ok, i made a Discord channel for our ToS MMOC community link here: LINK IN SIG (i'll have to periodically renew it so people can join over and over).

To avoid random joins, bots spam and this stuff i will manage the permissions directly - the "news" channel has the instructions to get the permissions, just follow them
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-03-23 at 09:38 AM.

I swear it'll take me ages to decide how to build my character T_T

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I demand MMOC guild! I'll have to wait for the free 2 play month, but I should be rolling a full support character.

Cleric>Priest>Priest>Priest>Pardoner>Oracle
    I'm going Cleric>Priest>Priest>Priest>Chaplain>Monk/Dievdirby>Dievdirby/Oracle
    I'm probably going for a cycle of: 1Con, 1Dex, 2Spr, 1Dex, 3 Spr.

Why?

Most Priest/Chaplain spells are SPR based, even their damage ones and the most obvious skill to max is Aspersion combined with Aspergillum, basically giving you the full effect of Aspersion at the level you have it, with each attack. Keyword; Each attack.

If the monks skills are not counted as separate attacks, but spells, for example; Double Punch (There's still some confusion on the boards), I will roll Dievdirby(1) in the 3rd circle, and Priest(3) in the 6th, instead, because Carve is a 3-attack instant hit ability, that procs as three separate attacks. Even at level 1, it will proc Blessing + Sacrament + Aspergillum 3 times in very rapid succession. If the monks Double Punch does the same thing, I will likely go Monk in the 6th Circle and Priest(2) in the 3rd circle.

And of course you'll get a very nice amount of Stone Skin. Supposedly pretty godly with a maxed out SPR build.

When does this game go live? I'm not buying an earlier access.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Wait...didn't this game had an awful release in korea? I'm pretty sure i heard the devs released with a ton of bugs and a P2W cash shop.