10+ Year Old Account

China set to invade, retake Taiwan by 2020

http://www.todayonline.com/chinaindi...an-2020-taipei

TAIPEI — China has completed its planned build-up of joint forces for military engagement against Taiwan and is on its way to ensure victory in a decisive battle by 2020, Taiwan’s Defence Ministry said in its National Defence Report *released today (Oct 27(.

The 13th edition of the biennial report states that China has recently held military exercises simulating *attacks by the People’s Liberation *Army (PLA) on Taiwan’s landmarks and government buildings.

“The PLA has possessed an *adequate deterrent force capable of launching joint military operations against Taiwan,” it said.

The PLA also continues to step up the deployment of missiles against Taiwan and aims to upgrade its long-range strike capability.

“Its goal is to be in complete combat readiness status to invade Taiwan by 2020,” the report said.

Apart from the deployment against Taiwan, China is strengthening the combat readiness of its navy and air force in the west Pacific region to avoid any foreign intervention in cross-strait conflicts, it said.

China’s navy and air force have successfully penetrated the “first island chain” on numerous occasions and hope to be able to deter foreign intervention should a war break out in the Taiwan Strait, it said. The “first island chain” refers to a strategic concept of an offshore *defence line extending from Japan’s Okinawa and Taiwan down to the Philippines and Indonesia.

While the Taiwan Strait remains a strategic priority of China’s military development, the report said Beijing has recently attached increasingly greater importance to the East China Sea and the South China Sea.

In the East China Sea, China has increased patrols in waters off the disputed Diaoyu Islands, called Senkaku in Japan, which administers them, and Tiaoyutai in Taiwan, which also claims them.

In the South China Sea, China has not only strengthened its military presence but also continued land reclamation efforts, seeking to reaffirm its sovereignty claim over the reefs and islands in the disputed region.

The report said China’s military spending has maintained a two-digit growth over the years. While China earmarked 911.4 billion yuan (S$199.7 billion) for military spending this year, the real figure could be two to three times more, it said.

By contrast, Taiwan’s defence budget has showed a declining trend over the past decade, remaining at *between NT$252.5 billion (S$10.8 billion) and NT$334 billion.

Taiwan and China have been governed separately since they split in a civil war in 1949. Beijing has since *tried to isolate Taiwan, which it *regards as a renegade province awaiting reunification by force — if necessary.

Relations between Taiwan and China have significantly improved since Taiwan President Ma Ying-jeou was first elected in 2008. Since then, both sides have signed 23 agreements.

Despite a cross-strait detente, many suspect the Chinese are using cross-strait trade to draw Taiwan economically closer, leading to eventual political union.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    No way. China is already slowly losing any goodwill they have with regional neighbors (claiming international waters, territorial disputes, pollution harming neighboring states, building islands for military bases). If they engaged Taiwan, they'd be cementing the bad guy narrative they've worked/lied so hard to fight.

Sounds like a propaganda

The battle of the "made in" stickers.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    What possible incentive could a defense official have for sensationalizing his report that he is writing to his government in order to persuade his government to increase spending to the department he represents!?

I can't put my finger on it, but there must be something he gains by doing that... What is it I wonder?

Perhaps one day it will come to me.

China set to commit geopolitical suicide by 2020?
    I have my doubts.

More sabre rattling , just what this world needs after the middle east & then putin.

China to take advantage of cheap work force by 2020 I hope.

Next place to use: North Africa! Just gotta get the muslims western-bombed. mmm
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    No legitimate source in sight...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Sounds like a propaganda
    mm, sounds like they want to free-load US military goodies..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    World War 3. China versus all. Good luck silly military

- - - Updated - - -

yarp. but i'd believe it. they've been acquiring territory for a while now.
    You mean terra-forming new territory, that doesn't mean war with Taiwan.

Lol MMO-Champion, where different factors never matter, a war is always like a click away, just like in teh gamez!...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    They probably WANT TO, but I very much doubt they actually would do it.
    All nations make plans for what they'd want to happen, just in case there's a chance to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'd be stupid to do so, they're already pissing off the US and China's neighboring countries trying to stake a claim and forcefully build upon the islands nearby. The last thing they want is to start a War that they almost certainly can't win given the amount of Allies the US is backed by.

In short? Not likely to happen.

Deleted
    oh no China's super secret evil plans for world dominion have been foiled by this admirable defence ministry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    No way. China is already slowly losing any goodwill they have with regional neighbors (claiming international waters, territorial disputes, pollution harming neighboring states, building islands for military bases). If they engaged Taiwan, they'd be cementing the bad guy narrative they've worked/lied so hard to fight.
    oh the irony

The great war of 2020... exposed.. on MMO-Champion. They are good.