Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Except its not about how well they do their job, its how well the general population perceives them doing their job. They could be 100% justified in whatever actions they take and be crucified by the public.
    Fuck the public.

Do the right thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

oh I forgot the bloc of posters who think cops are utterly infalable unless it's painfuly obvious they fucked up. my bad.

Poetic justice IMO. The populous of this country has become so entitled and ridiculous that hey scream brutality at any measure. These aren't emotionless robots doing the work of police. They are humans with emotions. Not saying their attitude is right but I seriously doubt there is any person here who could do their job to the letter and still have the same results after someone has threatened your life or a lawsuit because you have PROVEN to do your job correctly. There are bad police, yes we all know that. There are shit employees in every field. However, the number of the actual abusive police is so ridiculously low (and has been) that you cannot blanket statement cops as being bad people. the media in this country has taken the small percentage of bad cops and demonized them so bad that it has created a ridiculous public opinion that says it's ok to act a fool to test the boundaries of police procedures. People literally baiting police into situations where they know they can scream "police brutality". Even if the cop is 100% in the right. So how do you fix that before judging so harshly?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression that violent crime is decreasing.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Who was "cleared of wrongdoing" by receiving special treatment from the prosecutor that literally no one else would have gotten? Please.
    Yes special treatment, must have paid off that grand jury that declined to prosecute him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Fuck the public.

Do the right thing.
    Doing the right thing is to not fuck the public.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    "in some areas" would be the key words in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Solution: Proper police training and evaluation.

People in West-Europe have cellphones too... It doesn't cause any issues here.
    African Europeans don't act like animals there and then claim the white man is keeping them down when they get arrested. Although it's getting that way with Muslim Europeans calling everything Islamaphobia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    It is

although this recent "spike" can possibly be from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Got any examples of that?

99% of the cases I get to read the court sides with the police, even if the cops handled completely unprofessionaly and violently.

You don't like paid vacations to the Bahamas?
    Your life being ruined doesn't have to involve criminal charges. Darren Wilson will be seen as a racist by a lot of people for the rest of his life, and he's not a cop anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Perhaps they don't want to be the next Darren Wilson?

He was cleared by a police investigation. He was cleared by an independent investigation hired by Brown's family/attorneys. He was cleared in a civil lawsuit.

Yet he was forced out of his chosen profession, he can never be a police officer again, and he lives in hiding because he receives death threats for his lawful actions...
    So you finally see how damaging the rhetoric of "if you don't have anything to hide, then you shouldn't fear surveillance" is?

You reap what you sow. This is simply just deserts.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

In order for public surveillance of police actions to take steps to avoid the 'contextless viral video' phenomena, then perhaps police organizations should step up their system for transparency.

There was a time people (mostly) accepted the "Our internal investigation showed our officers did nothing wrong," but today doesn't really work at all, especially with all the blue walling and cover ups and general police corruption and behaviors.

Police organizations are going to have to sack up and come up with a system that shows why they came to the conclusion the way they did, because attempting to make video footage of them working illegal isn't going to help the situation.

Oh, and they should do their jobs regardless. If your scared that often as a police officer, may I suggest data entry.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    He was cleared of wrong doing. The fact that you disagree with it doesn't change that. This is exactly what is being talked about. He was cleared of wrong doing and you are still condemning him.
    The fact that he was still coddled by the system puts the lie to this notion that "police are afraid to do their jobs." Seeing as nothing has changed, other than increased scrutiny. I'm truly sorry that you can't kill someone and just go back to work the next day as if nothing had happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    hmm oh wow. Well as far as I know, there is only one town that bad in nassau. and most of the talk was likely just gang musings, nothing equivocal to what goes on today where members of a socioeconomic class incite hate within the rest of the members in order to get a bigger backing. But such actions do persist quite a bit unfortunately, just in a different medium today.
    I assume you are talking about Hempstead? Elmont and Rosedale are pretty bad too. Likely just talk, thats how it is with kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decade by decade violent crime decreases. Mostly due to increased prosperity. With recent social actions taken by those who don't understand how necessary police forces are, cops no longer want to have their lives ruined for no good reason. Of course there are some bad eggs, but the critics don't care for that little detail. They treat all cops as awful even when they do nothing wrong. Therefore crime rises, and will likely continue to rise in areas in which this is a problem.
    Thats not actually something I have seen correlated with crime before. Reads off as a bad movie honestly.

The fact that he was still coddled by the system puts the lie to this notion that "police are afraid to do their jobs." Seeing as nothing has changed, other than increased scrutiny. I'm truly sorry that you can't kill someone and just go back to work the next day as if nothing had happened.
    He did his job properly and was still forced out of his profession because he was crucified by the public..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Doing the right thing is to not fuck the public.
    Touché mon frère
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I'm truly sorry that you can't kill someone and just go back to work the next day as if nothing had happened.
    You should be able to return to work if cleared of any wrong doing. We're basically saying "I hope you never have to kill anyone, because if you do, you're fired!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    well prosperity would be increased socioeconomic

the rest is psychologically accurate
    I was referring to the people hate cops now so crime is up. Never have seen that as a correlation until you stated it just now.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Fuck the public.

Do the right thing.
    They can do the right thing and be fucked by the public. That is the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps