Deleted

No Live Raid at Blizzcon?

I'm not going and don't plan on watching on VT this year, but I have enjoyed the Live Raid in the past. It's not on the schedule and I was wondering if Blizzard have given any reason why? More time for Overwatch? Were guilds not able to make it or did they just decide it wasn't worth the time/money to travel that far. It could be my personal bias but I thought this was one of the highlights of the WoW events, but maybe it's not as popular as I imagined?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god. It's awful every year. But no, I think the encroachment of eSports tournaments for 4 games now is taking up a lot of time at the convention.

Besides, past years you had a good set up : Midwinter (US, Alliance) vs Method (EU, Horde).

Now who would you put to competition ? Two EU horde guilds ? Besides, some members left Method AND Midwinter to form a new guild, so who do you think they should invite ?

And everyone knows the raid by that time, not in mythic but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like it's something particularly exciting. Plus we just had one at Gamescom.

It should be a special Mythic where two 20 man raids are flagged for PvP and put into the same instance, and should any team kill Archimode, its members get a monument with their names on it in their faction's city in future releases of WoW.

Deleted
    It's eSports all the way this year...
    Besides what would they raid? There hasn't been a new raid in ages.. running HFC again? Meh..

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Besides, past years you had a good set up : Midwinter (US, Alliance) vs Method (EU, Horde).

Now who would you put to competition ? Two EU horde guilds ? Besides, some members left Method AND Midwinter to form a new guild, so who do you think they should invite ?

And everyone knows the raid by that time, not in mythic but still.
    It was embarrasing to watch Midwinter in SoO.

Oh, that's a shame. I enjoyed the live raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Live raiding... Live arenas...

It caters to very small percentages... The majority will rather play themselves, than watch other play..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    It's eSports all the way this year...
    Besides what would they raid? There hasn't been a new raid in ages.. running HFC again? Meh..
    im not sure id consider june 2015 - november 2015 to be "ages.."

what would have been neat would have been to make a Team NA and cherry pick the top20 players between whats left of the top NA guilds to go against the best EU guild.

Deleted
    The World First team of Tier 18 has disbanded. Method is now a mix of the World 1st guild and a World 6th guild. More than half of the World 1st team are now in a team that have not ranked yet in a live Tier, we'll see in Tier 19.

Should have done Paragon vs Exorsus, nice neighborly competition :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    im not sure id consider june 2015 - november 2015 to be "ages.."
    They already did a HFC live raid in Gamescom. How many times do we want to beat this old horse to death?

Deleted
    phew thank god, since competitive raiding died this expac XDXDXD

Deleted
    Good choice, blizzard. We dont need another "method reloaded roflstomping midwinter.. once again"..

They probably should get rid of the idea to cater everything to challenges and competition.