Poll: Should they return to the MoP-formula?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

I ******* miss Pandaria!

What ho,

Bit of a nostalgic rant here. But I'm getting incredibly nostalgic about Mists of Pandaria lately.

The attention to lore.
    The sweeping landscapes and atmospheric weather effects.
    The dense and exotic jungles.
    The interesting characters.
    The beautiful coasts with steep mountains and little fishing villages.
    The outdoor world gameplay.
    The immersive aspects, like cooking and other forms of non-combat gameplay.

Yes, Mists of Pandaria had its flaws. Too much Garrosh, too long, and initially (to me at least) a bit lacklustre in raids and dungeons. I wasn't a fan of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. But spiritually, it was like a true successor to The Burning Crusade. Heck, you even had the egg-collecting for the Order of the Cloud Serpent -- a fantastic throwback to the Nether Drake quests in TBC.

WoD wasn't all bad, and I won't rule Legion out before it's even out (naturally). But I really worry about the future of WoW. I just don't know if Blizzard has got what it takes anymore. Lore is being treated with such disregard lately, and everything seems to be about getting people to grind for extended periods of time without any real attachment to the game world.

How about you?

Let's see we went from mop which arguably had the most stuff ever in game to do to wod which clearly has the least stuff to do.
    Isn't a wonder why mop would be missed

Deleted
    I think Blizzard fully realizes the screw-ups they made with WoD.
    Primarily consisting of the Garrison.

I sincerely hope that with legion they really do find a nice balance of management and outdoor gameplay with the class-halls.

P.S. Just checked the links in your signature, some really nice ideas in there.

I agree, I quite miss the serenity of Pandaria and the Pandaren. The story was fab.

I am enjoying WoD, but too many Orcs for my liking, but I always have a ton of stuff to do personally. Feels like there isn't enough time in a day to get everything done I want to haha.

I'd like to have MOP back but without the ******* pandas and their ******* lore. But the general style of how that expansion worked (minus a few of the dailies perhaps) would be nice.

Also, **** pandas!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can always return to Pandaria with your main or alts, that's something absolutely great imo. I get the same pleasure wandering in Pandaria now than before Wod.

Wod was not bad, it just lacked content. They just have to write better lore, I think we need a good lore/story incentive to play, with a main villain (Vanilla excluded, it was all new and already interested player). BC worked with Illidan, Wotlk worked with the Lich King, Cata had a main villain, I was still interested until the end where I was quite disappointed compared to the Lich King ending, then they started to go wild with having no final boss, why getting in Mop ? We did not really knew, the end bosses not really felt like real threat, same with Wod, we just need a final boss to make people hyped. With Legion they're still continuing with no end boss, I think players need to have a main villain to kill/defeat/banish/whatever to save the world, it's how stories in 3d adventure/rpg video games work in my opinion.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2015-10-24 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    I'd like to have MOP back but without the ******* pandas and their ******* lore. But the general style of how that expansion worked (minus a few of the dailies perhaps) would be nice.

Also, **** pandas!
    There is one thing I, for the life of me, can't understand. What is with people's intense hatred for the Pandaren? It seems a bit... much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IngoDent View Post
    There is one thing I, for the life of me, can't understand. What is with people's intense hatred for the Pandaren? It seems a bit... much.
    They just try to be as edgy as they can or just want to hop on a bandwagon and feel part of something. There really is no logic in the senseless hatred of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Slooooooooooooow doooooooooown. Sums it up pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is one thing I, for the life of me, can't understand.
    What is it with peoples' intense like for the Pandaren? It seems a bit... much.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    So liking something is worse than a childish hatred of something now? Nowhere in that quote did he imply he even likes them just that he can't understand why people hate on them so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

I miss absolutely nothing whatsoever about Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    So liking something is worse than a childish hatred of something now? Nowhere in that quote did he imply he even likes them just that he can't understand why people hate on them so much.
    Here is a tip, get over yourself and stop moaning what other people like and dislike... you know we all have different opinions and mine is that pandas are crap, yours is probably the opposite but you dont see me bitching and calling you out for being this or that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Worse?

Where in my retort did i mention that liking Pandas is worse? Or better? Or bad? Or mediocre? Or....?

I suggest before insinuating a poster's motif, you read it carefully a few times and understand what is written, and then, if you are still not sure what the poster's intent or motif was, you not reply to that poster, quoting them.

Meh, in simple terms, you didn't understand my reply!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Misdirected anger - particularly from the Game of Thrones fans who want nothing but at Tolkien Esque world that is dark n' badass acting/looking.

It's such a shame as Pandaria is quite possibly one of the best shining gems of the Warcraft Universe. You can tell the people who crafted that expansion REALLY cared about the lore, the land, the PURE GAMEPLAY.

Between Wrath/Cata, and MoP/WoD - Blizzard wonders why players believe there are two distinct teams working on World of Warcraft. The differences between the quality of those expansions (particularly in outright gameplay) is staggering!

I mean, everything got such attention to detail! Just compare the lorewalkers to the (...) stupid garrison archaeology room! No lore plays (I still watch those from time to time), and the Archaeology pristine artifacts literally feel like they' were just slapped into that room or thoughtlessly dropped on tables n shelves... whereas in Pandaria the Pristines were PROPLERLY put on display with notes and signatures in Pandaria. That's just ONE minor aspect and even that was huge of a difference! >_<

And, above ALL of the optional gameplay (all of the gameplay content that WAS promised, btw - which is about double, if not tripple, what WoD had). The story is also one of the few expansion stories that HAD A POINT. A cohesive story that led to an ultimate message/lesson: Why do we fight?

What lessons did we learn from WoD's story? Jack nothing... apart from if you get betrayed once you're ultimately forgiven for the thousands of senseless willing slaughters you brought down upon others.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2015-10-24 at 12:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I find "heck no" to be excessively strong, I voted no. WoD may not have started as filler, but I suspect that it was gutted to meet the revised release schedule and essentially became filler. Perhaps it would have gone better if it had been fully fleshed out. For all of that, they need to keep exploring new ideas. I'd rather see an occasional misfire than have them stick to a safe script. Maybe some of WoD's better ideas got shifted to later expansions, let's see how things go.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I only miss couple of things in pandaria , the the legendary quest lore , and the atmosphere the land had.
    more excited for Legion as i waited for that **** long

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Because they're a well thought-out lore-rich shining gem of a race in a genre that's overridden with tired tropes of droll angry "badasses".

It's nice to have something positive in our lives in a RL culture full of cynicism.

Deleted
    It's still weird Blizzard has put the most interesting lore in the game where people from an outsider's perspective were the least interested in lore wise. I still don't like I almost skipped almost the entire expansion and missed the legendary quest for example. I hope they up their play again this expansion (which they kind of have to).