So....whats next.

It only really just dawned on me, that we've been waiting a long time for Azshara/Old gods/Legion expansion, now they've all come at once, so what comes after legion, while they haven't outright said we're fighting Azshara/Nzoth(N'zoth being the weird one since we're raiding the nightmare) the last boss most likely being Kil'jaedan, is there a possibility we're going to get a WoD 2.0 ending with Azshara escaping to the sunken realm, or something completely different, the lore points towards the titans, but the majority of people have held the titans/sargeras are essentially the end xpac of WoW.

Thoughts,opinions,abuse?

We are only doing a dungeon called Eye of Azshara, she might not even be in the expansion. The main naga presence is her servant Tidemistress Athissa. Emerald Dream is not necessarily done until we defeaet N'zoth, and we're only facing Xavius right now.

We're also only getting pillars of the titans and fighting maybe the Avatar of Sargeras. Sargeras is still out there, Kil'jaeden is still out there, Azshara/N'zoth, etc.

Right now I'd say there's heavy hints for Azshara being the expac after Legion.

Well until we find out the main story of legion it will be hard to tell. They could throw another curveball like MoP at us. I didn't see MoP coming at all from a lore standpoint, it kind of just happened (unless I missed something).

Personally I'm voting for something new....and in space!

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    We are only doing a dungeon called Eye of Azshara, she might not even be in the expansion. The main naga presence is her servant Tidemistress Athissa. Emerald Dream is not necessarily done until we defeaet N'zoth, and we're only facing Xavius right now.

We're also only getting pillars of the titans and fighting maybe the Avatar of Sargeras. Sargeras is still out there, Kil'jaeden is still out there, Azshara/N'zoth, etc.

Right now I'd say there's heavy hints for Azshara being the expac after Legion.
    That's kinda the problem i'm trying to see, Azshara/old gods/legion and titans are pretty much linked together in the terms of the lore, with Xavius running around in the nightmare, where Azshara's master is, seems a bit odd she wouldn't make an appearance, same with the titans, given we're using probably the most powerful artifacts known to the universe, the power to literally create and destroy life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Well until we find out the main story of legion it will be hard to tell. They could throw another curveball like MoP at us. I didn't see MoP coming at all from a lore standpoint, it kind of just happened (unless I missed something).

Personally I'm voting for something new....and in space!
    Someone had a good theory about KJ sending us to argus at the end of the expansion as a saving grace.

World of starcraft, that's why there's a starcraft: what's next panel.

The "what's next" is meant as answering your question.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I'm guessing more it will have something to do with Bolvar coming to our aid in legion, or something that's been happening while we haven't been watching(Wrathion) as far as i know, we jumped out of draenor only to find the legion invading at the same time.

Sargeras & the Titans don't necessarily go hand in hand. In the game we see the titans more concerned with the Old Gods, but not really with the Burning Legion (they weren't involved in the War of the Ancients, in the WC3 storyline, on Argus, on Draenor, on K'aresh or any other plant familiar to us that was invaded by the Legion).
    The Titans can also serve as villains. Their herald already tried to destroy Azeroth, and the reason for that didn't really change. We saw many of their creations as a threat to the Alliance & the Horde (e.g the Emerald Nightmare, Mogu and other creatures who got afflicted with the curse of flesh, 2 dragon aspects, Algalon as I've mentioned before etc), and while you can argue that they all got corrupted or gone insane, there could be a bigger picture.

Other than that there's still the 5th known Old God, the Infinite Dragonflight, a bunch of other planets and there's always the possibility that after Sargeras's defeat someone could take over the Burning Legion and go directly after the Titans (the army of light prophecy doesn't specify who's leading the Burning Legion).
    Also, Blizzard can always pull just an out of place story out of their ass that has nothing to do with the franchise's lore, and build an expansion around it (like they did with WoD).
    Last edited by Palemaster; 2015-10-29 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palemaster View Post
    Also, Blizzard can always pull just an out of place story out of their ass that has nothing to do with the franchise's lore, and build an expansion around it (like they did with WoD).
    And MoP, Tbh i think they've scrapped the ID idea after dragon soul, im more worried the AoL prophecy is this expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    World of starcraft, that's why there's a starcraft: what's next panel.

The "what's next" is meant as answering your question.
    ...thats held at the same tine as the WoW pannel... In the secondary room.

Not likely :P

- - - Updated - - -

On topic though: ive thought of this... And the only thing that can top the Legion returning to Azeroth is that of the Titans returning to Azeroth, saying "...dafuq you were smokin Algalon!? We're gonna go and reoriginate this Bitch!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Next in line would be Azshara and N'zoth. It seems to be very likely since you have both Nightmare and Azshara's agents present, which could be a good lead to expansion featuring those two.

I'd love to go to Argus and kick down Sargeras's front door, but given the heavy demon presence in WoD and Legion being a demon-themed xpac, even if they give us lots of non-demon-related stuff to do within it there's still the risk of exhausting our enthusiasm for killing demons, much as they've tired everyone on fighting orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    I'd love to go to Argus and kick down Sargeras's front door, but given the heavy demon presence in WoD and Legion being a demon-themed xpac, even if they give us lots of non-demon-related stuff to do within it there's still the risk of exhausting our enthusiasm for killing demons, much as they've tired everyone on fighting orcs.
    Kicking down Sargeras' door is way beyond the scope (and ability, engine-wise) of the game. Lore wise, we don't even know for sure where he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Kicking down Sargeras' door is way beyond the scope (and ability, engine-wise) of the game.
    I'll take "Exaggerating Technical Requirements" for 500, Alex.
    Lore wise, we don't even know for sure where he is.
    Gul'dan "You will not stop me, I will simply transport my spirit to Argus and become one with the Master. This magical barrier will prevent you from following me!"
    Generic Hero 4817 "Ah ha! I'll just destroy the barrier around this portal and go through!"
    Done.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    WORLD OF WARCRAFT: SCOURGELORDS OF NORTHREND
    >Sylvanas resurrects Garrosh
    >Garrosh goes back in time to when the Lich King was killed and snatches up the helmet before Bolvar can
    >Garrosh then rules as the Lich King while building up his IRON SCOURGE
    >There's a subplot where Bolvar has an identity crisis and you have to help him find purpose in life by encouraging his growing interest in stamp collecting
    >This leads into the new profession: Stamp Collecting
    >Arthas is wished back to life with the Dragonballs and joins our cause, going on to train the new class: Spooky Ghosts
    >Spooky Ghosts levitate all the time and hurl green slime at enemies
    >Level cap raised to 113

We don't know if N'zoth and Azshara will actually be fully featured in this expansion or not. So far we know that the two big raid bosses we'll be facing are Xavius (Emerald Nightmare) and Gul'dan (Suramar Palace). Since we're trying to close the portal in the Tomb of Sargeras, we might end up facing Kil'jaeden or possibly even the Avatar of Sargeras (which I don't think we'd be able to fully defeat in this expansion) if ToS becomes a raid.

I imagine Azshara and N'zoth will be in the next expansion if they don't show up here. It would be a transition that would make the most sense since we're already near the Maelstrom and we don't have much else to explore in Azeroth outside of the South Seas and maybe some other random corner islands that are unknown (and would probably be focused on Titan/Old God lore).

Beyond those though, potential expansions could include:

1. Something revolving around Sylvanas finally snapping.
    2. More Old Gods that we don't know about.
    3. Outland revisited (possibly could be used to open more portals up so we can go to #4.)
    4. New planets (likely with expansions broken up into different continents) as we try to strategically reduce the Burning Legion's control over the universe and try to find allies to help us against the inevitable final boss battle with Sargeras. Also dealing with more Old Gods most likely. Maybe getting to explore The Great Dark (aka outer space) and the Twisting Nether.
    5. More alternate universe/timeline shenanigans ('cause Infinite Dragonflight/Renegade Timewalkers haven't been resolved yet beyond Kairoz getting killed in War Crimes).
    6. Northrend revisit (i.e. Bolvar is unfrozen and forced into using the Scourge for malevolent purposes).
    7. Wrathion turning into a villain and creating a Council of Doom with the thought that defeating a fuckton of villains pulled from Azeroth and different worlds/timelines would strengthen Azeroth for the final big battle by either Azeroth defeating his forces or else his forces conquering Azeroth.
    Last edited by Sorenthaz; 2015-10-29 at 08:03 PM.

There's also the Void... particularly the cliffhanger we were (unknowingly or not) given with Cho'Gall. Likewise we never discovered what this so called secret "ancient" power was beneath Draenor the Arakoa and the Apexis dealt with.

...but TBH I'm not sure if we'll ever even see/follow up Draenor ever again. =/

EDIT: as for a location - the planet Ka'resh or whatever it is that is the homeworld of the Etherials.

But... would that look bad following the invasion of the Legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    More attempts to cash in on nostalgia, obviously.
    Impeach the MF.