Thread: Restrooms

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Gender segregated bathrooms were invented and designed to protect women from men. It is one of those "Patriarchal" institutions that Feminists don't seem to really mind that much, and instead of abolishing it, they'd rather come up with a third and a fourth room, extra stalls and whatnot.

Frankly I'm for abolishing gender segregated bathrooms. We already have laws covering everything from harassment to rape. So we hardly need to separate bathrooms to "protect" women.

But again, it's not about what is practical, but about how women "feel". So in order to "feel" safer, they'd rather spend hours queuing for the loo at concerts, parties, restaurants, night clubs, public events etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Then what is the problem with you using the same bathroom with transgendered people, if you are fine with using it with full on men?

Because transsexuals are icky?
    I get the sense she doesn't personally have an issue with it, but wants to be respectful of people who do.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I ge that, I do. But sometimes people just don't feel comfortable with having the opposite gender in the same bathroom with them. That's why I'm saying look like the gender, cause what people don't know, won't hurt them.
    Sometimes people don't feel comfortable having the same gender in the same bathroom with them. A nervous pooer is going to be the same no matter who is in the other stall.

Oh and in like 75% of public bathrooms that are side by side you can hear everything in the other bathroom anyways.

I never said that. I said you should use the bathroom of the sex you look like and identify with.
    What about ugly women who look kinda like men are they not allowed to use the women's room?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Split restrooms are to protect women from men so unless you are a women you use the mens restrooms, easy enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gender segregated toilets are pointless really....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

As long as I can piss in peace I don't care what restroom people use.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's how I try to cover my ass when asking the nurse about possible symptoms of an STD. "My friend was wondering..."
    I just ask, "Hey, can I get a full STD workup?"

And then my doctor replies, "Why? What did you do?"

/facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you're misunderstanding. Right now, bathrooms are separated by gender. Men can't just use women's bathrooms and women cant just use men's bathroom. Until unisex bathrooms are introduced more, you still have to respect that the bathrooms are separated.
    Oh. Yes.

But I believe the argument on the table is "do away with restrooms separated by gender."

Yes, it will be uncomfortable for some people, but everyone will adapt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I completely agree. Only thing I can argue about is urinals. Either block them off by a wall that you walk around or don't have them at all in there.
    Eh, I'd be fine if they went away. Men can pee standing up at a toilet -- Although I shudder to think about what bar bathrooms would look like. Poor women and the pee soaked toilet seats. (Although rumor has it women are almost worse about nasty dirty bathrooms).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Eh, I'd be fine if they went away. Men can pee standing up at a toilet -- Although I shudder to think about what bar bathrooms would look like. Poor women and the pee soaked toilet seats. (Although rumor has it women are almost worse about nasty dirty bathrooms).
    The women's bathrooms are in worse condition.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Providing a urinal area will help keep the toilet area a little cleaner and nicer and reduce the lines for the stalls that the women (and men) want to use.

Most places already have separate rooms you change the labels and plumbing up and have urinals in one toilets in the other.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    This didn't get a reply earlier. So i'll repost since I am curious what the opinion in here is about it.

"How do they handle homosexuals using bathrooms? If a gay man enters the men's bathroom, do they not have the same issues? Or how about a lesbian in the women's bathroom?"
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm that guy that uses the stalls to pee in when I'm at a bar or a club. I value my privacy.
    I'm that guy who really doesn't give a shit. I'm a tidy restroom user, but I never understood why people get nervous about other people in pissing/pooping zones. I especially don't understand people who can't use toilets in public at all. I'd feel perfectly at home in a place like this:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    This didn't get a reply earlier. So i'll repost since I am curious what the opinion in here is about it.

"How do they handle homosexuals using bathrooms? If a gay man enters the men's bathroom, do they not have the same issues? Or how about a lesbian in the women's bathroom?"
    Use the damn stalls, it's about how women are afraid of beeing raped, hardly a man gives two shits about women using the mens restroom. Or do you believe straight men give a damn about homos?
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2015-10-29 at 08:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, with women, it's cause you have to sit on the toilet for peeing. If they don't have the seat guards, many won't use them. I won't.
    It's not like I don't sit on toilets in public. And I NEVER use those seat guard thingies. Quick wipe with the toilet paper if it's gross, then sit. Skin is a remarkable organ at protecting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm that guy who really doesn't give a shit. I'm a tidy restroom user, but I never understood why people get nervous about other people in pissing/pooping zones. I especially don't understand people who can't use toilets in public at all. I'd feel perfectly at home in a place like this:

Idk either but its fucking hard to pee at a urinal if there are people around.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Gender-segregated bathrooms just mean we end up doubling up a lot of the piping and such needed.
    This is abundantly false.
    If you go with stalls, the piping is exactly the same. If you install urinals, the piping is a whole lot less.
    Maintenance is also more efficient of segregated: because, like it or not, different genders use the installations differently. In particular, waste disposal and clogging issues are generally higher on the females one.
    There also the simultaneity factor. The amount of restrooms is a direct function of how many people are expected to use the dependencies at the same time and for how long. Should any gender spend less time on the restroom, it's cost efficient to reduce the other. This is particularly noticeable in late-night establishments.
    Furthermore, redundancy is great. And often mandated even if gender-less units are a possibility. Because, should one unit need reparations, you have the other one available and fully functioning.

Segregation is a matter of specialization, and giving better services to a targeted audience. That's what we call progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Particularly with smaller establishments
    Not particularly, no: because your assessment is broadly false. But it's true that the smaller the establishment, the less impactful the measures for segregation become. Alas, tiny places are not a good measurement to set the standards. But I would agree there should be normative that allows exemption to sufficiently small places.

I'll note that it's perfectly OK to recluse yourself from commenting on topics you have no idea about, such as how to build a public restroom.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2015-10-29 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    as for same sex restrooms, i think they would open the way to more sexual attacks....

guys have that on/off switch and it tends to flip on pretty fast... too unsafe
    Fucking.. what? lol.