10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I trusted you to have my back
    I have a conflict of interest!

Van never lies!

But you're awesome!

I trusted you to have my back

You have still yet to prove that I'm wrong! You just resorted to ad hominem!
    It's ok, you're Jester Bro. If someone ELSE mocks you, I got your back. In the absence of that, someone's gotta keep you humble!

And I don't need to prove it, Yeti proved it already!

According to Van, I'm the first 12 year old GenOT mod.

According to my birth certificate, 23 (24 in February)
    February yay *hi-5*

15+ Year Old Account
    My keyboard broke Typing this took literal ages with copy and paste. Spacebar, M, n, / all broken. Any suggestions for a replacement? Used a Logitech G110 for years now.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    My keyboard broke Typing this took literal ages with copy and paste. Spacebar, M, n, / all broken. Any suggestions for a replacement? Used a Logitech G110 for years now.
    I'm using a Logitech g910 atm, and it's quite fine in my mind. The caps are quite angled though, so it can be annoying for some to type on (and it doesn't use Cherry switches, so you can't buy new caps).
    The g710 I've heard good things about, and does use Cherry switches.

I'm using a CM Storm Trigger Z Gaming Keyboard Brown and i'm really happy with it at least

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    I'm using a CM Storm Trigger Z Gaming Keyboard Brown and i'm really happy with it at least
    Browns are nice, but personally I'm more of a fan of Blues.. even if they are louder.

Logitech G710!
    Mechanical keyboard, so you'll have to get used to that if you haven't used one before. But its really great, and the quality of mechanical keyboards are way higher. So should not run into the problem of the keyboard breaking again, if its normal use. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Logitech G710!
    Mechanical keyboard, so you'll have to get used to that if you haven't used one before. But its really great, and the quality of mechanical keyboards are way higher. So should not run into the problem of the keyboard breaking again, if its normal use. ^^
    This.

The G710 is a fantastic keyboard

10+ Year Old Account
    Logitech G710!
    My (2 year old) mechanical keyboard broke 2 weeks ago. The keys stopped being responsive and sometimes they double pressed for no reason. But eh. They're still so much better than membrane or other kinds of switches.

15+ Year Old Account
    Logitech G710!
    What's the difference?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the difference?
    mechanical switches are (unless you go with linear switches, but if you do, fuck you) more clicky. There's an actuation point that you can feel when typing, and you don't have to press it all the way down for the button to register.
    Also they feel nicer

Also, they are individual keys so if your shit gets fucked you can just replace a single key, assuming you know your way around soldering iron

I've got the g710+, had it for about a year or something, still nice, browns, not too loud and have rubber o-rings to reduce loudness if you so choose.
    Last edited by Kjanaprik; 2015-12-14 at 09:00 PM.

What's the difference?
    Massive I'd say. Very different feel, but it depends on the switches you use. The Logitech G710 used Cherry MX Brown for example.
    Mechanical keyboards are just waaay more durable. And the feel when typing is much better once you get used to it. You seriously won't ever go away from mechanical once you have used it.

The best thing would be to google mechanical keyboard vs rubber dome/membrane etc and read the articles. Too much to write down in this thread.
    Then you'll have to decide what switch you want. Can change them yourself, but I recommend just getting a keyboard that already got the ones you want.
    I really recommend the Brown ones though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a 710 it is, cheers guys!
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

10+ Year Old Account
    Massive I'd say. Very different feel, but it depends on the switches you use. The Logitech G710 used Cherry MX Brown for example.
    Mechanical keyboards are just waaay more durable. And the feel when typing is much better once you get used to it. You seriously won't ever go away from mechanical once you have used it.

The best thing would be to google mechanical keyboard vs rubber dome/membrane etc and read the articles. Too much to write down in this thread.
    Then you'll have to decide what switch you want. Can change them yourself, but I recommend just getting a keyboard that already got the ones you want.
    I really recommend the Brown ones though.
    Just my quick thoughts on (Cherry MX) switches:
    Greens can literally go die in a fire. Too heavy to press. Nice clicking though.
    Blues are nice. They're heavy, but not too heavy, and they have a very satisfying clicking sound.
    Browns are a bit light but still usable. The sound is quite dull compared to the Blues, but it's also not as loud, which can be a plus.
    Reds and blacks can go die. Linear switches suck ass (If I remember right Blacks are as heavy as Blues and Reds as heavy as browns)

10+ Year Old Account
    How much of a resistance it offers on a click also depends on the colour, personally using one with mechanical black switches, which is supposedly one of the more stiff variants available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    How much of a resistance it offers on a click also depends on the colour, personally using one with mechanical black switches, which is supposedly one of the more stiff variants available.
    If I remember correctly Blacks have ~45grams of actuation.. Or was it 85? I really can't remember, don't care about linear ones

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Just my quick thoughts on (Cherry MX) switches:
    Greens can literally go die in a fire. Too heavy to press. Nice clicking though.
    Blues are nice. They're heavy, but not too heavy, and they have a very satisfying clicking sound.
    Browns are a bit light but still usable. The sound is quite dull compared to the Blues, but it's also not as loud, which can be a plus.
    Reds and blacks can go die. Linear switches suck ass (If I remember right Blacks are as heavy as Blues and Reds as heavy as browns)
    Yea I really don't like the linear ones either. Feels weird.

And also here is a great guide to switches with some awesome gifs to show how they all work!
    http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index...ical-switches/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    If I remember correctly Blacks have ~45grams of actuation.. Or was it 85? I really can't remember, don't care about linear ones
    Supposed be about 60,with reds at 45.