Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best way to do CMs this time around?

Recently I have been wanting to do WoD challenge modes. Only problem is, the tool I used to get groups last expansion is dead now. Only thing I ever see are people selling runs now a days. The in game group finder is crap to the point that there are rarely any groups in there who are actually doing them. This is what brings me here.

What kind of resources or tools are good for finding a challenge mode group now a days? It doesn't even need to be a dedicated group.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Look on Openraid, thats far and away the best way to get a steady non-toxic group.

Failing that, look in the premade finder. People usually post if they need to fill 1 spot etc.

A tip with the premade finder : Because it has 0 filters, make sure you look in custom groups, raids *and* dungeons. Ive even seen a CM group advertising itself under the 3s arena section!

Make your own group there are tons of people looking to do them (hell there is a new post on here daily) just none of you want to put the effort in to start/lead it. If you put up a group in group finder or open raid I guarantee you fill in under 10 minutes (though you may need to replace some pugs as with anything).

I also used Openraid for CMs in MoP, and now when it's dead it's really hard to get into CMs. Group finder is pretty much the only way to go, but the only quality groups in there will all require you to have 8/8 gold achi already. Starting with 0 experience, I'd say it's a proper pain in the ass to pug CMs, because decent players will ask for achievement and non-achivement groups are terrible. Consider getting a boost/asking friends for your first 8/8 and then with achievement it's much easier to get them for alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    Make your own group there are tons of people looking to do them (hell there is a new post on here daily) just none of you want to put the effort in to start/lead it. If you put up a group in group finder or open raid I guarantee you fill in under 10 minutes (though you may need to replace some pugs as with anything).
    pretty much. Also not sure how it is in the other regions but there is still the official forum as well where you might find a player to pick up.

Deleted
    OpenRaid requested 9/9 to join as well in the chat in MoP, it wasn't "easy" to get into a group there. However it's true that with OR dead and the group finder ingame it's harder to find a group. There are also topics in the official forums where you can spam to find a group. The best way to do it: start a group on your own. There won't be an easier or better way to go for it. Do not focus on Blood-DK & Resto-Druid in the first place (esp. the healer-class is not important, only Mistweaver has a harder time than the others if you ask me), just get players who know their class and maybe don't start with 3 melees. Go to the easier ones like Auchindoun, SBG, Skyreach or BSM and avoid Everbloom/ UBRS until the end. Buy cheap trinkets with procs if you can and just try it. Most CMs can be completed in gold without using Invisibility at all, if you just focus, don't wipe and pop your deeps.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few more notes since our guild started doing CMs as well.

Set bonuses don't work at all so Baleful tokens can be better itemized for the content. Since gear scales down to an item level of 630, an item full of your class's best secondary is better than your "epic" raid gear. Tier bonuses, sockets or tertiary stats are not active. Along those lines, the legendary ring doesn't work either. Also augment runes don't work either.

The timers are pretty lenient for Bronze and Silver.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Consider getting a boost/asking friends for your first 8/8 and then with achievement it's much easier to get them for alts.
    Try forums for sure and start your own group on OR (imo.). Maybe you won't get them all done in a day, but in the process you could potentially meet a person or 2 that is willing to complete them w you.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetlock View Post
    Look on Openraid, thats far and away the best way to get a steady non-toxic group.

Failing that, look in the premade finder. People usually post if they need to fill 1 spot etc.

A tip with the premade finder : Because it has 0 filters, make sure you look in custom groups, raids *and* dungeons. Ive even seen a CM group advertising itself under the 3s arena section!
    I used Openraid in MoP but now its dead. I may just need to try and make my own group at this point among my guild / trade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    A few more notes since our guild started doing CMs as well.

Set bonuses don't work at all so Baleful tokens can be better itemized for the content. Since gear scales down to an item level of 630, an item full of your class's best secondary is better than your "epic" raid gear. Tier bonuses, sockets or tertiary stats are not active. Along those lines, the legendary ring doesn't work either. Also augment runes don't work either.

The timers are pretty lenient for Bronze and Silver.
    I was probably just going to farm the dungeons for a set for my rogue. It has one with my best two stats seeing as how its mostly aoe in a cm.

Thanks everyone. Seems making my own group is the only way. Now to figure out how to find them.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The correct answer is to get a mirror of the blade master if you're an agility class, or put as many people you can find with that trinket into your group to help you if you're not. The trinket is completely busted in CMs and will mow down packs every minutes because of the way it scales (or lack of scaling).

7+ Year Old Account
    This is up to thread number six now - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19136204974

Just go and make your own group or post on the thread looking for like minded people - then just start adding them and away you go =)
    As long as everyone is on the same page, happy to watch guides etc then you shouldn't have an issue once you find 4 other decent players.

Good luck!!

Easiest thing is just to fork over 200k+, the groups are impossible to come by, even with group finder.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Open raid is still around for these type of things, if anything you could just keep a listing up in the premade finder that you are looking to form a cm group to clear with, doesn't all have to be in the same day.
    Twitch Twitter Signature by Winter Blossom

OP, are you US or EU? If you're US, I'm also looking to do the CMs soon enough.

Deleted
    Some people actually also like the challenge. Yeah sure you could pay 200k and get carrier but where is the fun in that.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Getting carried doesn't mean you don't get to play at all. I held pride at myself being able to do CM's in MoP with an Openraid group on my main. However, in WoD, given the limited free time 8-10 garrisons per day leaves, adding the lack of interested players in OR, both in already made events or self made ones, i went with the boost option. I essentally bought myself an experienced tank and healer and had fun doing all 8 dungeons within 3 hours, while i contributed more than enough DPS.

I will make the gold back by investing the time i didn't waste till i get an interested and determined group to do CM's "legitimately".

I found my group using the in-game group finder tool. It does work for people at least some of the time. I just wish the stupid "Contact us on Skype because we want cash for carries" groups would go away.

I'm not even a tank or healer. I just contacted a decent looking group on my Hunter and we're at 7/8 gold after a week. I'm really enjoying the runs and actually earning it.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

on NA, there's a thread on the official forum for finding groups where you post your real id

other than that there's LFD, and the in-game lfg tool that occasionnally has some people looking for more for CMs for it

and open raid is also great

also, just asking guildies works too

note that it can be a slightly harder to find a group if you're a really weak class for 'em though

Deleted
    The real practical reason they existed was at the start of the expansion. It was the only source of epics for a while, or one of the only. Now it's more niche, even if some raiders took the time to get some rankings for the lols early.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    The correct answer is to get a mirror of the blade master if you're an agility class, or put as many people you can find with that trinket into your group to help you if you're not. The trinket is completely busted in CMs and will mow down packs every minutes because of the way it scales (or lack of scaling).
    This is the most appropriate answer in this whole thread. It increases your damage by like 30% on every single trash pack that matters.