Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They will conquer market of dating sims. Imagine highschool dating game with characters from diablo or warcraft. "Do you have what is needed for diablo-senpai to notice you ?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    They will conquer market of dating sims. Imagine highschool dating game with characters from diablo or warcraft. "Do you have what is needed for diablo-senpai to notice you ?"
    I would play that every god damn day if they made that

I would suspect that the new Starcraft team will be working on something new after starcraft

They can do anything they want. Blizzard makes more money every year than the previous year despite sub losses, company buyout, and developing new games that have no income yet.

I also think we will see a D3 expac announced next year along with an Overwatch full release. I also think they will have another completely new game in the works. I personally would like to see something along the lines of an RPG in the vein of Witcher and Elder Scrolls series along with a Warcraft4.

Looks like there's hope for you, Cydaea!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I genuinely believe if they really focus on WoW and not just back-burner it, they can repopulate it. Think about the fact that 10 million players actually returned for WoD. So the interest is still out there.
    Think about the fact that their entire subscriber bump from the expansion was gone in 2 months. It's never evaporated that quickly before. And it doesn't instill confidence that their next expansion is continuing the "official fanfiction" by bringing AU characters into the normal timeline and the huge pandering involved in asspulling Illidan and Demon Hunters, etc.

IMHO they're grasping hardcore now. The Bronze Dragonflight stuff was a neat little way to explore WoW history, but then they went full DC/Marvel with AU. Now they're going "LOOK! NEW SHINY! PLEASE COME BACK! *CRY*" with the Demon Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Think about the fact that their entire subscriber bump from the expansion was gone in 2 months. It's never evaporated that quickly before. And it doesn't instill confidence that their next expansion is continuing the "official fanfiction" by bringing AU characters into the normal timeline and the huge pandering involved in asspulling Illidan and Demon Hunters, etc.

IMHO they're grasping hardcore now. The Bronze Dragonflight stuff was a neat little way to explore WoW history, but then they went full DC/Marvel with AU. Now they're going "LOOK! NEW SHINY! PLEASE COME BACK! *CRY*" with the Demon Hunters.
    you do know that this expansion was in work as long as WoD or even before,right???

1) Wow's enormous and on-going sub loss is more than off-set by the Blizz Store. Despite losing an "unprecedented" number of subs since the start of WOD (45% and dropping - really fast), the Blizz Store is enormously profitable and so is WOW.

2) I'd expect something for Diablo in the latter part of next year.

3) There is a remote possibility Blizzard develops Starcraft into an MMO. Such a move would interest both WOW as well as Starcraft players.

4) As much as I hate the RNG associated with Hearthstone, the game is very popular and pretty much runs itself with very low expenditures.

5) HOTS isn't an popular as Blizzard might've hoped, but it's by no means a failure either.

6) Don't know much about Overwatch, but I can't see how the game will require a lot resources as far as Devs go. This appears to be an on-going trend at Blizzard - produce/maintain games that do not require a lot of dev resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think they might be working on some kind next generation MMO, but it will probably be very different from WoW in it's approach. Might be less theme park like and feel more inclusive. WoW still uses the old MMO model and the years of content are just kind of stacked on top of each other in a linear fashion. I imagine a new MMO would do away with that feeling, possibly by abolishing leveling.

This is just my opinion though. I could be way off, and probably am. I just feel like the MMORPG is a stagnant genre and the old conventions are tired. Blizzard knows this, so if they are working on a new one, they would want to shake things up.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I would expect them to start some new IP's, and personally I think there is room in the market for Bliz to turn Overwatch into a cyborg superhero mmo like how they turned the RTS warcraft into the MMO. There will obviously be some Overwatch characters moving into HoTS. They will also do something with Star Craft, even if that is just to create a new storyline with 3.
    They won't turn Overwatch into an MMO, since Overwatch is what they've salvaged from Titan, the supposed MMOFPS.

More on topic... I don't see Warcraft 4 coming, SC2 is far too fresh and I don't think there's going to be a 4th x-pac. They might pull Warcraft 1/2 remakes. The movie and WoD prove that they are interested in their old stories, so... With how few players have actually played Warcraft 1/2, I think that would be a good move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

It will never happend, but i would like to see:

World of Diablo and Warcraft 4 =)

Deleted
    It isn't happening any time soon, but I really do think WoW 2 would be a worthwhile investment for Blizzard. The argument I usually see against it is that it adds nothing new, that WoW 2 was essentially TBC, and WoW 3 was Wrath etc. etc. But I think releasing a full sequel to the game confers three main benefits.

>It allows them to build a new engine. We know that there's a lot of stuff which WoW struggles to do due to engine restrictions. Just one example off the top of my head is the backpack issue. I'm sure there are a lot more things we don't know about. WoW's engine is outdated.
    >It lets them clean up shop. For me one of the big problems with WoW is that due to each expansion bringing in new systems and game mechanics, not all of which make it to the next, WoW is basically a small portion of relevant content built upon the bones of old patches and expansions. Putting all of it in order in this iteration of the game is impossible. But a clean slate would make it possible.
    >It creates hype. If WoD could bring in millions of subs on launch then think of the hype a full sequel could bring. Blizzard is currently in a golden age with all its new titles. It's just WoW which is falling behind in terms of hype.

WoW is still making Blizzard a ridiculous amount of money, and there's an expansion in the works. It's not going anywhere for a while.

Starcraft....I can't really speculate on what will happen after Legacy of the Void. I'm sure the whole eSport thing will keep it profitable for a long while (as Brood War did for several years). Much as I love Starcraft and hate to see it get put on the back burner, I feel like we won't be seeing "Starcraft 3" for a very long time. If anything, we _might_ have some possibility for another Warcraft RTS at some point.

Diablo is kind of quiet right now. I'm sure it hasn't been forgotten, but looks like no news of any more expansions at the moment.

Aside from WoW, I'm thinking Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm are going to be the big money makers. I'm sure at least a few people spend the money to buy heroes and stuff instead of saving gold, and at least Heroes of the Storm has the potential to be popular as an esport.

Overwatch has a lot of potential, but that remains to be seen.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-10-31 at 04:20 PM.