Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Now or never.
    Don't listen to this shit.

If your approach towards women is to be best friends with them and fess up your feelings, you already lost if the girl is at least a 6.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Don't listen to this shit.

If your approach towards women is to be best friends with them and fess up your feelings, you already lost if the girl is at least a 6.
    Meh some people are demisexacles.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

just man up and be like... "hey, i;ve known you for a while and think you are really cute and smart... i'd like to take you out .. lets go watch a movie, eat some junk food and talk for a bit"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how hard she took the breakup. If she's still sad, wait awhile because you WILL be compared to her ex.

Took me 2 years to feel ready again, but the circumstances arpund the break up were messed up

Be careful with it man. Not sure if she's hurt or not, upset or not, or happy the relationship is over (I doubt the latter), but whatever it is just go slow for now. I mean she might also try to find someone else since that is what some people do when they break off from someone important, but sometimes they also just want to be alone. I don't know her so I'm not sure which of these she's doing but take it slow and try to read the situation.

I suck at reading situations, so if I were in your shoes, I'd most likely wait a little while (a month maybe less, maybe more) and make my move. She might want to try to repair things with the other guy since she might still have feelings for him, no idea what the situation really is like between her and the other guy. Either way, wait a bit, then make your move.

7+ Year Old Account
    You should at least wait until the ex leave. Would be a bit awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    You should at least wait until the ex leave. Would be a bit awkward.
    She lived at his family's place. Now she lives alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    You should wait however long it takes to get her drunk.
    This should be the highest rated answer

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Depends on how hard she took the breakup. If she's still sad, wait awhile because you WILL be compared to her ex.
    She doesn't seem sad at all. But I think she's pretending to be strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    She doesn't seem sad at all. But I think she's pretending to be strong.
    Then I'd wait. If she can't be open about it then she isn't ready for another.

How come man are always ready for another? Patriarchy..

If you act right now...you are setting yourself up to become a rebound, those rarely last much.

Rather spend some more time with her, be there, be cool and have fun, drop a few hints. In a couple of weeks, see where it goes, and then fess up.

If you were her best friend while she was in the relationship the answer is never. Sorry dude.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Kurt Vonnegut said it best. “Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "It might have been.”

Ask her.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    If you were her best friend while she was in the relationship the answer is never. Sorry dude.
    Agreement comes from the darndest places sometimes.

There's no set "time period" like the second 3 months goes DING it's time to go. It's about whether you feel you're rebounding or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    We're not incredibly close like in the typical American movies. We were colleagues in my former university and spent about 1 year there together, during which we became very good friends. Don't imagine we used to braid our hair or anything like that, we're just close and have similar mindsets in most things.

I would just dive in honestly, unless you have some reason not to. Waiting will only make it more likely that she gets back with her ex, or finds someone else cause she thinks you only view her as a friend. I would be casual about it of course, but not beat around the bush either.

Deleted
    I wouldn't wait at all, though I'd make it clear that she could take whatever time is needed. (and keep an eye if she doesn't use this for months on end.)

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I would just dive in honestly, unless you have some reason not to. Waiting will only make it more likely that she gets back with her ex, or finds someone else cause she thinks you only view her as a friend.

Honestly I wouldn't be mad about that. I understand that they have history and I want her to be happy. When she told me they broke up my eyes probably popped out of my head because I had them on a ''perfect couple'' pedestal.

I can't quite imagine how those ''lifelong'' relationships are ( that start in high school and last into uni ) because I did not care for anyone that way when I was younger and I was always of the opinion that you can't really tell love from a crush when you're so young ( I still have difficulties with it ) but I can only imagine how awful it must be to end such a relationship.

The details are pretty bad, too. They basically broke up because of a misunderstanding.