Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The Orc armour looks pretty cool, but I'm not too sure about Lothar's. I'm sure they could've done better, because to me it looks like something a cosplayer would make for Blizzcon.

What are people smoking?

Those stills look AMAZING, far better and so human and not CGI-like. The orcs look sympathetic and that will appeal to a wider audience. It captures their humanity.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are just contradicting themselves. Do you want CGI to look realistic or you want Orcs to have nothing common with the human? I'll explain. Motion-capture technology is the thing that allows to copy the emotions and facial structure of actor and translate them on to the creature (with changes to certain extend), thus making them realistic and essential.
    So "Good motion-capture" is the motion capture that make us believe that creature is as realistic as human actor and his emotions are as realistic as actor's emotions.
    In other words, top-quality CGI implies that Orcs's emotions will be human actor's like emotions. There are no unique "orc" emotions that humans dont have. All humanoid-like living creatures have the similar facial muscles and mimic. So its fine that Durotan has the same human-like expression. If he hadn't, he would be absolutely unrealistic or cardboard.
    So make up you mind at first, and only then start to spread the hate.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2015-10-31 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    Daaamn, looks amazing.

Deleted
    I like the fact the Orc's look more human, I've never been a fan of the sort of alien-esque look you see in some Orc concepts.

this cover art you choose for a novel over the greatest anti-hero of all time?

this would be one of the first legion fails..
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2015-10-31 at 11:37 AM.

The stills look incredible. Plain and simple. Hype = Boosted to infinite.

On a side note, it's also incredible how people can keep complaining and complaining and complaining and complaining (and complaining!) about the amount and degree of CM's communication. For "insert-your-religious'-most-iconic-prophet-name-here", can't you let it go already? Man, some people not only love drama, they have a full time relationship with it, affaire included. I do have some spare time, I'm currently unemployed, but still I find it hard to think people has SO MUCH time that they find nothing better to do than continue complaining about the same topic for more than two months (and I'm pretty sure it goes longer than that).

Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    The Orcs just look wrong. The eyes are completely human, you can always tell it;s a human in a mask. Check Lord of the Ring orcs, their eyes have no white, are totally yellow, or have the white but are red in the middle. Something, that makes them less human and just more like a fantasy creature. These orcs i see for Warcraft look like they belong in a musical about a land far far away.
    Warcraft, do you know it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Durotan!!

I like how orgrimmar is completely deserted in those running of the gnomes screenshots.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The Orcs just look wrong. The eyes are completely human, you can always tell it;s a human in a mask. Check Lord of the Ring orcs, their eyes have no white, are totally yellow, or have the white but are red in the middle. Something, that makes them less human and just more like a fantasy creature. These orcs i see for Warcraft look like they belong in a musical about a land far far away.
    LoTR orcs and Warcraft orcs are two different creatures.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) hahaha it is not a human in a mask it is full CG Motion capture. Funny how everyone was saying the CG wouldn't be realistic enough and here you go confusing it for a man in a mask! I'd say that is a win for convincing lifelike CGI
    2) good lord have you looked at an orc ever in warcraft, like at least once? this isn't lord of the rings

Here, Just google search take a look at Durotan, one of the main characters in the film and a truly iconic Warcraft orcs. look at an in-game model of him. Take particular note of the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    this cover art you choose for a novel over the greatest anti-hero of all time?

this would be one of the first legion fails..
    I think that the cover art will be bigger.this might be just part of the whole cover art.

You are clearly confusing LotR with Warcraft.
    Warcraft orcs had never any similarities to Tolkien Orcs...except for the name.

Deleted
    i don't know why, but even after 10 years of playing WoW, i have no interest in seeing this movie at all.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its unofficial low-res pics from Empire. The news with them still didnt appear on the official site. When they will appear, there will be HD version of pics. We just need to wait.

And now, Rob Liefeld presents: Illidan!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    You are clearly confusing LotR with Warcraft.
    Warcraft orcs had never any similarities to Tolkien Orcs...except for the name.
    They may not be LotR orcs, but there's no reason for the movie to divert from how warcraft orcs have been portrayed in game, comics and cinematics. They simply aren't as human looking (stature/facials) as the stills show them. But well, at least it fits with the artifical looking armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Shots look okay. Either the human one is low quality, or theres a ton of motion blur. I dont like too much motion blur, so hopefully it will look alright.
    I think it's having to do that they are in one of the azerothian zones with alot of moist in it....say.....the swamp of sarrows for example.

I remember when people used to do cool events all the time back in the early days of wow ..or someone would kite a world boss to a city ...sadly those days are long long gone ..except for a rare gem like this .