Deleted

Hit 65, how to gear up?

Hey guys. I just recently hit level cap for the first time since the release of SWTOR. I'm asking how do I gear up, I've spent some crystals on gear but how can I get more? Does anyone have a list on ways to gear up?

Thanks.

Deleted
    Run story operations. You get ilvl 216 gear there. Also redo the missions you get at the terminal. And do the flashpoint, it gives one random 208 item per run (at least).
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2015-10-30 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on if you like PvP, you can also purchase a full suit of PvP gear for every slot for ~4-5K Commendations. That's what I did.

You can also transfer your Commendations from one character to another if you have a specific character who did a lot of PvP that is not the one you pushed to 65.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll probably be drowning in green crystals, at least I was, I purchased a full set of 208 gear with them, had some other gems to get a couple 216.

Basically queue for FPs and OPs and be prepared to group with morons.

Finish all the quests you get though, you get lots when you get to your base for followers n stuff.

Story ops are your best bet. I've had ops I finished with 5 pieces of 216 gear without winning a single roll due to the personal loot items. S&V - best ops ever (due to having 8 bosses thus 8 chances for extra loot).

You can also go for green crystals 208 gear but unless you really hate ops I wouldn't, you need a ton of them other stuff - gifts mostly, but if you're into collecting mounts/pets/decorations you'll need thousands there too.

Deleted
    I assume that the story mode OPs is the LFR equivalent in WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    Not really some story mode ops atm are skull-fucking hard because of over-tuning
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

it's the same concept, but stormode OPS in SWTOR have always been a lot harder than LFR in WoW. you can steamroll through LFR without voicechat and it doesn't really matter what classes/roles you bring, don' need coordination and many mechanics can be ignored. all of that is definitely not the case in SWTOR storymode ops.

Dinged 65 on my main toon a day after early access. I have been running story mode ops with randoms since then (not everyday though) and have only had one group fail 3/4 of the way through. So far the groups are full of people that are polite and willing to explain some of the fights to those who do not know (as I had not been in a few of these ops).

I haven't been as lucky gear wise as some of the above posters (very few pieces of gear for me but a lot of mounts). But they are enjoyable. The only part of story mode ops I don't enjoy is the dps queue time. Usually takes me about 90 minutes to get in unless I join a group forming. So I usually queue up and then do other things in game while waiting.

I'm starting to think they toned the personal drops way down, 0-2 pieces seems the norm now

It used to be, but now all ops scale to 65 so it's like Normal. You do need a some coordination and general boss knowledge and as long as your dps don't suck too much you'll beat the enrages.
    Last edited by Goshko; 2015-10-31 at 09:40 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys. I just recently hit level cap for the first time since the release of SWTOR. I'm asking how do I gear up, I've spent some crystals on gear but how can I get more? Does anyone have a list on ways to gear up?

Thanks.
    I was in the same position when I hit 65, and honestly ive been running the weeklies for each planets heroic missions for data crystals. You dont get a ton of crystals, but it transports you right to the area you need to be regardless of your current position, and you also get reputation with the alliance members on odessen from the objects while completing these weeklies as well. I already have a full set of basic gear ive bought and now have started trading up for the next tiers. Its also nice since you get credits and legacy xp, so its not totally a waste haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    it's the same concept, but stormode OPS in SWTOR have always been a lot harder than LFR in WoW. you can steamroll through LFR without voicechat and it doesn't really matter what classes/roles you bring, don' need coordination and many mechanics can be ignored. all of that is definitely not the case in SWTOR storymode ops.
    However, Swtor boss fights tend to be mechanically a lot simpler than WoW's. WoW bosses can have a dozen different abilities and several phases that all need to be mastered perfectly (full of shit like "stand in spot x or you blow up the raid" etc.). Swtor bosses usually have just a handful - sometimes just 2-3 - of key abilities that they keep repeating until enrage. And still people keep failing.

Not much of a point to gearing up at something other than the max level. It SEEMS like it might be a good idea, but gear gets so exponentially better its best to just keep leveling in stead of getting gear you will replace soon after.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Not much of a point to gearing up at something other than the max level. It SEEMS like it might be a good idea, but gear gets so exponentially better its best to just keep leveling in stead of getting gear you will replace soon after.
    He already hit 65.

As for the gear quality itself - you do need to replace some of your lowest level items in order to carry your weight in operations and heroic fp's. A 208 is better than a quest green or blue if you don't yet have enough crystals to buy 216s or 220s.