Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That is just a terrible, terrible movie poster. And WoD is the image of what they invested into WoW: Invested less and few, received less and few.

Deleted
    Love how everyone cries in the posts,but everybody will return on legion to play demon hunter.But haters gotta hate

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    its most likely due to people buying tokens in bulk with their giold
    The tokens are payed by other customers.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    With what logic? The movie will be released in 2016 and then we get Legion in 2016. If you did not notice, the cast of the movie contains the following:

- Llane Wrynn - who is not alive during MAIN universe and he is Varian's Grandfather.
    - Varian Wrynn - whos is not alive during ALTERNATIVE universe but only in main universe (meaning, he did not live in age of Warcraft 1), he "meets" his grandfather.

Same stuff happened with Thrall. He found his father, Durotan, in Warlords of Draenor and he does not know the world of Draenor. This short facts shows that the story in the movie is still about alternative universe and Gul'dan, which is as well in the cast.

What we get in 2016? Legion.
    Who is a boss in Suramar? Gul'dan.

Just a natural thing of progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    It is not confusing at all but it can be if you just play the game to "smash the buttons" and not following the lore.

Maybe I wasn't very accurate with writing (I corrected it a bit to make more sense) but my point was that Varian is probably going to meet his Grandfather in the movie. Hence, alternative universe story is till going on. But seeing that you believe that it is just a story telling from something that already happened, I can clearly see why it's confusing.
    What does the movie have to do with Legion?

The movie is set in the first war in the main timeline, so Thrall is not yet born but Durotan, Grom and Gul'dan will be there.
    Llane Wrynn is Varians FATHER, not his grandfather, and Verian was alive during the first war as well (he was around 10) so how is it conected to the alternate timeline?

Deleted
    Isn't bad for WoD, seeing that the biggest innovation of the expansion was the garrison. But with King Entertaintment they will be able to perfect the garrison into a giant candy wow saga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaquenta View Post
    while i dont play anymore im still a "sub" cause i got a bunch of the time tokens when they came out and my account is paid for through next year june
    You should freeze your account.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sad that you're happy to support a product no matter how bad it is.
    Ahh the typical and quite idiotic type of reply that seems to be all to prevalent these days.. Hate to break it to you Sherlock but there are people out there who still enjoy the game..

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I and every one in my guild is still subbed, yet we never play and would not be subbed if not for the token. So we and I am sure MANY others are subbing, but it does not mean we are happy with the game and playing it.

However from a business stand point, thats great news. We effectively pay 5 bucks more a month and never really use server resources.
    You're wrong. You're efffectively paying NOTHING. Someone else has effectively Blizzard 5 bucks more and Blizzard has already gained those extra bucks before you even buy the token. Hell even if you didn't buy the token, Blizzard would have still made the extra bucks. Because when you buy the token, all the other player gets is your gold. But Blizzard has already the 5 bucks in their pockets and couldn't care less if you bought the token or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Quite funny really, people mocked WOTLK loads and yet its had the most stable population throughout an entire expansion compared to the others. WoD figures are just a massive joke, the only good thing in WoD was the initial release.
    Uh, you know that WoW hit the chinese market during WotLK?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Active accounts are in the 1.9million range, so that doesn't say much unfortunately.
    And where did you get this information from? Do you pinky promise you didn't make it up?

OT: Yes, WoD is bad, but what I don't understand is why everyone here acts as if there's some sort of conspiracy to inflate the numbers. Or why so many people aggressively WANT the game to be dying"Yaaay, this game I love is crashing and burning, yaaaay!". Yeah, Blizzard should learn from their mistakes, but no good will come of the game being in a death state.

I mean, we're all here because we love the game right? Why do you want it to die /so/ much?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Gotta love inflated numbers. Anyone with a brain knows they're under 2 million. Other companies don't count china time cards.
    I have a brain. And what I'm seeing is 5,5 million active accounts.

So what are you saying?

Activision Blizzard agreed to buy King Digital Entertainment for $5.9 billion. They are best known for Candy Crush Saga.
    Next WoW expansion big feature, Candy Crush implemented ingame. Cause that is just what we need :P lol.

I don't buy it. I think there is some tom foolery going on with the numbers.
    100k loss yet everyone can log in and see the massive dead zone called other players!

Thought the report wasn't released till today?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Subscription numbers holding relatively stable at 5.5 million despite virtually no new content being implemented recently. Makes me wonder if we're getting close to the core subscriber base that will remain subscribed more-or-less indefinitely. We must be getting close.
    possibly but remember quite a few people have bought a years worth of game time tokens so i doubt we will see that number getting close to the core subs for a while

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pagesofmages View Post
    100k loss yet everyone can log in and see the massive dead zone called other players!

depends on the realm, some are populated still and some are ghost towns and then there's the time of day factor

Deleted
    People keep saying how bad for subs WoD was been but if you smooth out the long term trend the it's doing pretty much the same as Cata or MoP. It's certainly not a disaster.

I don't know if it's changed but the routine issue with the figures is that Blizz don't break it down by region. As it is they tend to emphasise the losses in China... although there's a comment on the warcraftrealms forum that suggests eu is doing worse...

The anomalous aspect was the huge swell in support in anticipation of the launch, making WoD the most successful launch of its entire history.

I doubt this will be repeated in a hurry - especially not with the same people, given the fiasco of WoD's launch ('victim of its own success' lol).

I think if there is going to be a successive resurrection then it will be down to getting a boost off the movie... so I guess a lot will hang on that and would expect a lot of cross promotion.

Not unexpected. I predicted 500k down myself. It is clearly visible, if you just look at subscription number graph that the previous losses were still from WoD release spike. Draw a line from MoP end to current time and you see the "real" sub droprate (as in ignore the spike).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pagesofmages View Post

You do know there are many, many more servers than your own, right?

I have to fly out to a really remote and unusual leveling area to not find a player in sight. There's always a bunch of people wherever I am. Not saying dead servers isnt a problem - they probably should be merging servers that are tiny - but to assume it's as dead everywhere as it is on your server is just foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    Blizz should have let people just buy flight like they did in Panda mists. Not everyone will be able to do Pathfinder to unlock flight in WoD due to time constraints or other reasons. Pathfinder didn't bring people back, quite the opposite of whatever bringing them back is, kept ex and new players away even and lost some more subs.

Think about a gold fee alternative to buy flight in WoD, Blizz. If you want to save WoW that is, and haven't deliberately relegated it onto the MMO scrap heap while Overwatch, Hearthstone and, eh, Candy Crush get all of the dev love now.
    Yes, being able to pay gold for flying will save the game!

If you don't have enough time to do Pathfinder, you don't have enough time to play the game in the first place. You just do almost all of it while levelling anyway, with the exception of the apexis dailies, which you can do....in about 1 hour or less and the Tannan dailies which don't take long, or you can PAY GOLD for the rep tokens.

The graph perfectly illustrates the disaster that was the early patch cycle, imo. I really enjoyed WoD release and the levelling, all on ground so you could truly explore. But then once you were done with all that, there just were not much world content; there was Foundry which was already (mostly) in the game, just not unlocked and the legendary chain which was pretty much it until 6.2 in terms of major features. I don't know if it was because they intended faster expansions but they should just drop that concept if faster expansions (which won't really be that much faster) means less expansion cohesion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I have a brain. And what I'm seeing is 5,5 million active accounts.

So what are you saying?
    I don't think you do, since you're ignoring china.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    And where did you get this information from? Do you pinky promise you didn't make it up?

OT: Yes, WoD is bad, but what I don't understand is why everyone here acts as if there's some sort of conspiracy to inflate the numbers. Or why so many people aggressively WANT the game to be dying"Yaaay, this game I love is crashing and burning, yaaaay!". Yeah, Blizzard should learn from their mistakes, but no good will come of the game being in a death state.

I mean, we're all here because we love the game right? Why do you want it to die /so/ much?
    The armory. Think before posting next time.