Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Carson is in the lead on the Republican side, beating Trump for the first time. I like Carson, a former neural surgeon, I like how he already has his plans and policies laid out so that when reporters ask, he can tell them what he wants to do as president, meanwhile the political types are hedging and evading the questions.

But he isn't much of a politician and you need to be a politician to take on the most political job in the world.

Look at the Hillary and Bernie charts! You can't say the debates are meaningless after you look at that.

Part of the Hilary resurgence is also do to the vertitable ass-reaming she delivered in those oh-so-not-witch-hunty Benghazi "hearings". The GOP sure fucked themselves in the ass on that one.

I'm sure the debates helped as well.

Question: How can anyone support Carson, a neurosurgeon scientist who denies science (global warming, vaccinations - just to name a few).

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi256 View Post
    This comparison always cracks me up a bit. Macroevolution is a process that theoretically takes place over thousands or even millions of years. Gravity is a process that takes place right in front of us every single day. A small child can demonstrate gravity, whereas no one in the history of the world has been able to demonstrate macroevolution actually taking place.

You can certainly say that they're both widely accepted by the majority of scientists, but they're a poor comparison otherwise.
    You are making a separate yet very valid point about how things can be proved. I'm saying the evidence is on par.

Welcome to the daily liberal circlejerk thread #515781. Where everyone that's to the right of your political beliefs are only slightly better than Hitler. Enjoy your stay everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The poll reminded me too much of this with regards to Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton.[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kwUIpTJ.jpg[IMG]

So given that, I really can't trust the poll itself.

Bernie Sanders is the president that needs to be their front runner if they hope to get the voters out.

If their choice is between the republican sellouts or Hillary who has proven to be dishonest and also a pro-establishment sellout, many of the voters will just continue to stay at home.

He is one of the few Democrats who actually has what it takes to motivate people to vote while many of the others still feel like they just play lip service to what they promise.
    Because Bernie said the one thing he had over Clinton(credibility) didn't matter. He didn't go for the political kill. Instead he protected her during the debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Young Earth Creationist. i.e. people who believe that the Christian god literally waved the earth into existence ~6000 years ago over the course of six 24-hour days as described in the book of genesis.

They also typically believe that there was a literal flood survived by a family of people in a boat with 2 of each animal.
    Did not realize there was such a thing... Disappointing...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Welcome to the daily liberal circlejerk thread #515781. Where everyone that's to the right of your political beliefs are only slightly better than Hitler. Enjoy your stay everyone.
    Is this what this thread looks like through your victim complex? In a thread dominated by republicans claiming that liberals are racist, you see liberals calling them slightly better than Hitler? 'Cmon man... Reality isn't as scary as it seems...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    "Everybody that disagrees with me is a dirty liberal!"

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Because Bernie said the one thing he had over Clinton(credibility) didn't matter. He didn't go for the political kill. Instead he protected her during the debate.
    I will have to look up on that, I personally didn't see the debate and the only excerpt I got was him telling them at the debate that he didn't want to hear about the damn emails for the debate. And to drop it.

So will see what I can find on that. Because short of this thread, I have heard about him saying anything about credibility not mattering.

Edit:

Just looked up on it, the email remark is what most websites are trying to claim as that, which is fucking beyond stupid.

He said he didn't want to hear about the emails because the debate was supposed to be about policies and positions, not an entire thing of her defending herself against emails. Because if that was all the debate turned into, it wouldn't have been a debate.

So, no, he didn't claim credibility didn't matter, what he did do was state that he wanted the debate to be about important policies and positions. Not EMAIL! EMAIL! EMAIL!
    Last edited by Fugus; 2015-11-04 at 02:19 PM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Holy Jesus, I clicked to the physics section and then clicked to the reference and found this gem:

The first sentence is putting the cart before the horse. The second sentence is just straight up wrong (they aren't moving away in the same way; the farther away they are, the faster they're moving), and what observations imply is that everything is moving away from everything, so that every galaxy will see exactly what we see. The third sentence simply omits the fact that other galaxies will see the same thing.

All those PHD's and the best they can do on this topic is omit and misinterpret.
    Rational wiki is ran by the SJW-types, not the type of people I would trust for anything, even if they are correct on some things(like this case).

The poll reminded me too much of this with regards to Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton.

<heap big picture here>

So given that, I really can't trust the poll itself.

Bernie Sanders is the president that needs to be their front runner if they hope to get the voters out.

If their choice is between the republican sellouts or Hillary who has proven to be dishonest and also a pro-establishment sellout, many of the voters will just continue to stay at home.

He is one of the few Democrats who actually has what it takes to motivate people to vote while many of the others still feel like they just play lip service to what they promise.
    Welcome to politics. As I've said elsewhere, being a master debater is only a small part of what makes a successful politician, and we should want a successful politician to be our president. They'll get things done. People often don't understand what it means when pundits say Hillary is a behemoth. It's not because of her massive charisma or towering rhetoric. She's not bad at it, you have to be to get anywhere in the first place. But she's got more connections than a mafia don. More resources than some countries. She has power that buys things like unique interpretation of polling results and out of nowhere in-depth articles in newspapers at the Oklahoma lobbying agency that owns the NRA.

The NRA, by the way, fully is right to be freaking out about her. Unfortunately they cried Wolf at Obama who had no plans to do much of anything about gun proliferation. Hillary does, and she's powerful enough to make it happen.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Welcome to politics. As I've said elsewhere, being a master debater is only a small part of what makes a successful politician, and we should want a successful politician to be our president. They'll get things done. People often don't understand what it means when pundits say Hillary is a behemoth. It's not because of her massive charisma or towering rhetoric. She's not bad at it, you have to be to get anywhere in the first place. But she's got more connections than a mafia don. More resources than some countries. She has power that buys things like unique interpretation of polling results and out of nowhere in-depth articles in newspapers at the Oklahoma lobbying agency that owns the NRA.

The NRA, by the way, fully is right to be freaking out about her. Unfortunately they cried Wolf at Obama who had no plans to do much of anything about gun proliferation. Hillary does, and she's powerful enough to make it happen.
    No, being a successful politician doesn't make you a good leader. Many times, it just means you are a sellout who panders to whatever gets them what they want even if it costs the people they are supposed to be representing dearly and involves them lying through their teeth to the people to get away with it.

And don't care about a successful politician if they end up selling us out to be successful. I want a competent LEADER who does what needs to be done.

I would take Bernie Sanders over Hillary in pretty much all endeavors that actually has the end goal of being improving our nation.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

No, being a successful politician doesn't make you a good leader. Many times, it just means you are a sellout who panders to whatever gets them what they want even if it costs the people they are supposed to be representing dearly and involves them lying through their teeth to the people to get away with it.

And don't care about a successful politician if they end up selling us out to be successful. I want a competent LEADER who does what needs to be done.

I would take Bernie Sanders over Hillary in pretty much all endeavors that actually has the end goal of being improving our nation.
    I didn't say it makes you a good leader. We should also want a good leader, but we should also want a good leader who is a successful politician.

Remember the election cycle before last, all of Hillary's power didn't save her from Obama's charisma combined with Howard Dean's connections which are much less than Hillary's.

- - - Updated - - -

He did the right thing. If he made it just about that issue, he probably still wouldn't beat Hillary. Despite him wanting to be president, he also doesn't want to sabotage his party. He stated he wouldn't run as an independent for the same reason. He'd rather lose than split the party. He's a good guy, and he understands where he sits.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I didn't say it makes you a good leader. We should also want a good leader, but we should also want a good leader who is a successful politician.

Remember the election cycle before last, all of Hillary's power didn't save her from Obama's charisma combined with Howard Dean's connections which are much less than Hillary's.
    Bernie has a track record that makes it seem as though he is a decent possible leader, he has doing it for decades with a track record of practicing what he preaches and is a successful politician. He is an INDEPENDENT congressman who has managed to stay in office for decades which is a feat in itself in this nation.

And I remember about Hillary losing to Obama's charisma, she is losing to Bernie's everywhere he gets to be heard, the mainstream media is about the only thing keeping her ahead at this point as they make sure the majority don't get to see or hear anything Bernie says outside of a few soundbites and will lie about the results of debates, ignoring their own polls and test groups to do it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Gotta love the Class of Clown hypocrites. Any one of these asshats is going to get crushed by Hilary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Rational wiki is ran by the SJW-types, not the type of people I would trust for anything, even if they are correct on some things(like this case).
    Yeah, I anticipated that by going straight to the sources that they linked to in their article. And surprisingly, the source was even worse than their summary of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I was super disappointed by this. I know Bernie isn't into mud-slinging, but he needs to draw a contrast between them. He has made some attempts to take some shots at her since then, like his criticism on her statement about supporting DOMA. He needs to continue pointing out the ways in which Hillary's stances change with poll numbers and his have been consistent and based on his principles his entire career.

I also agree he is the candidate most likely to win because of his popularity with the youths and because he walks the actual walk instead of being a corporate lapdog who spouts just enough populist rhetoric to have a (D) next to his name.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Gotta love the Class of Clown hypocrites. Any one of these asshats is going to get crushed by Hilary.
    I cannot for the life of me understand how he (Carson) is convincing people that he's some sort of intellectual or has policies. The epic hypocrisy of the statements in your image aside, the guy doesn't even understand any of the issues. He has a tax plan that is both regressive and would absolutely crush us within months. He doesn't understand what the debt ceiling is. Last debate he tried to articulate his bizarre national healthcare scheme and it made 0/10 sense. And he's a freaking snake oil salesman! The worst kind! (One who's taken enough science classes to know better) And lied about it in the debate! I could rant for hours. I'm beginning to wonder if he is actually as high as he sounds when he talks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only on MMO-OT. Dude is an accomplished neurosurgeon, but he's a "babboon" because he has a fringe belief about the origin of existence. I doubt anyone on this forum is actually academically qualified to talk about this softest of sciences in any reputable way, but no, this guy is a fricking babboon. I swear some of you people must live in giant kool-aid bubbles.
    Appeal to authority

I love how you used "drinking the kool aid," quite ironic when you read the story behind the "kool-aid bubbles."
    Last edited by Polybius; 2015-11-05 at 04:57 AM.

Only on MMO-OT. Dude is an accomplished neurosurgeon, but he's a "babboon" because he has a fringe belief about the origin of existence. I doubt anyone on this forum is actually academically qualified to talk about this softest of sciences in any reputable way, but no, this guy is a fricking babboon. I swear some of you people must live in giant kool-aid bubbles.
    Is this how he pulls off being an "intellectual"? People think he's a neurosurgeon and just assume he's on an entirely different plane or something? It's both possible and common for people to be neurosurgeons and to also be not worthy of respect as a scientific authority. His creationist nonsense isn't his only fringe view. He's also made reprehensible statements on vaccines, doesn't believe in anthropogenic climate change, and endorsed bullshit non-medicine a la Dr. Oz to name a few more. That combined with his lack of any sort of grasp on policy issues or responsible governing, and well, I wouldn't have chosen the term baboon but I also don't see him as intellectual fit to govern anything outside of an operating room, much less the entire United States.

"What we need to do is come up with something simple. And when I pick up my Bible, you know what I see? I see the fairest individual in the universe, God, and he's given us a system. It's called a tithe," New Republic quoted Carson as saying at the prayer breakfast. "We don't necessarily have to do 10 percent, but it's the principle. … You make $10 billion, you put in a billion. You make $10, you put in $1."

Doubling down on his plan, Carson said at the GOP presidential debate Aug. 6 it's "based on tithing because I think God is a pretty fair guy,"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ben Carson is so awesome, that he's smarter that all the archeologists, ever.

Ben Carson's unusual theory about pyramids http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ben-cars...bout-pyramids/
    "Ben Carson stood by his long-held belief about ancient pyramids in Egypt, that they were used to store grain, rather than to inter pharaohs.

Asked about this Wednesday, Carson told CBS News, "It's still my belief, yes."

The subject came up when Buzzfeed published a 1998 commencement speech delivered by Carson at Andrews University, a college founded by Seventh-day Adventists.

"My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain," Carson said. "Now all the archeologists think that they were made for the pharaohs' graves. But, you know, it would have to be something awfully big if you stop and think about it. And I don't think it'd just disappear over the course of time to store that much grain.""
    Impeach the MF.

OMG I hadn't seen that one yet. That's pretty amazing.