Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB11Nd5T-Io

Ben Carson, A guide on how to be smart and dumb as fuck at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    you could tell him you don't understand how science works or what evidence is.
    And how many philosophy of science courses have you taken? Because it's a pretty complex subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Rukh, you can talk for me all you like in a passive aggressive manor but it wont work. This is a clear case of Uncle Tom syndrome, you don't like the black man because hes a danger to your political ideology, so he is a baboon, to you. But you and your kind have set the social rules in the states. You are free to say hes a baboon but you are not free from being called out on your racism.
    He was called a baboon because we evolved from monkeys and he is a creationist. There is irony in calling people who don't believe in evolution apes. It's why you need to call him an Uncle Tom, to make that comment racist. You are projecting...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You what?
    I'm not the one making any claims, i'm only claiming no proof of creatonism exists.
    You said "if no proof exists for a certain belief, is perfectly acceptable if its as ridiculous as creationism." So I'm waiting for your proof for the alternate claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi256 View Post
    And how many philosophy of science courses have you taken? Because it's a pretty complex subject.
    How many theology courses have you taken? Because that's where the study of creationism resides... Not philosophy of science... Theology...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He was called a baboon because we evolved from monkeys and he is a creationist. There is irony in calling people who don't believe in evolution apes. It's why you need to call him an Uncle Tom, to make that comment racist. You are projecting...
    This. But creationists just don't get it....

10+ Year Old Account
    You said "if no proof exists for a certain belief, is perfectly acceptable if its as ridiculous as creationism." So I'm waiting for your proof for the alternate claims.
    Before he does that, do you believe in creationism?

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnel Snakes Rule View Post
    What's wrong with "I don't know"?
    "I don't know" is great. I'm honestly a big fan of the statement, as are many other smart guys throughout history. But it hardly justifies calling someone with an alternate belief an idiot baboon.

- - - Updated - - -

Before he does that, do you believe in creationism?
    I am a YEC. An idiot baboon if you will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabreil View Post
    This. But creationists just don't get it....
    They are not even creationist. They are republican...

They are not even creationist. They are republican..., one in the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Healy when the tea party objects to obamas Marxism its muh racism
    Is Hilary also going to be called a marxist once the elections get close?

10+ Year Old Account
    "I don't know" is great. I'm honestly a big fan of the statement, as are many other smart guys throughout history. But it hardly justifies calling someone with an alternate belief an idiot baboon.
    It does justify it, because the mere concept that you are making religion out of science is wrong. Google George Lamatre for how an intelligent person deals with creationism of faith and contradictory science.

Does that inhibit you from believing a scientific view, while maintaining your faith?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

That explains everything, you remind me of some guy that always posted in the religious subforum of a forum I visit. Acteally, I think he is still posting in it.

Was a funny guy.

Bush's and Fiorina's campaigns are pretty much over, due to incompetence or being caught in lies.

Carson is certainly a hard one to crack, he doesn't back down from anything he says. Liberal journalists are going to have one heck of a time trying to bring him down.

As part of the coveted Independent voter base, I have not made up my mind on who I will vote for. I can tell you that it won't be Clinton, I don't trust that she can put the country's needs above her own self interests.

Interesting point came up in the debates. Carson is on the board of Costco, the big warehouse store chain. Costco has a pro-gay policy when it comes to work regulations. I think Carson is anti-gay marriage, he said something about he's not anti-gay but I really didn't understand what he said.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Does that inhibit you from believing a scientific view, while maintaining your faith?
    It does because he believes the earth is only a few thousand years old. So he ignores evidence that conflicts with what he believes, and thus can not be scientific.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    I never claimed any of these where true either.
    Although we do have plenty of evidence for evolution.

I never claimed any of these where true either.
    So what do you believe, and why?

10+ Year Old Account
    So what do you believe, and why?
    I have no beliefs.
    I trust the scientists on this.

I have no beliefs.
    I trust the scientists on this.
    Which scientists?