Thread: 6v6 yes or no

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

6v6 yes or no

would u guys want a 6v6 battleground for the next expansion yes/no thought's?

No, I'd like a 100 v 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    After watching the 6v6 on road to blizzcon, i would say a resounding yes.

It gives both the arena feel to certain situations/skirmishes with the ability to make tactical plans around the map your playing in that would not be possible with the larger amount of ppl in RBG's i.e just having some ppl constantly defend.

Would really consider rolling a rogue especially for this format, since the versatility they bring to small scale pvp like this is so good for the class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    After watching the 6v6 on road to blizzcon, i would say a resounding yes.

It gives both the arena feel to certain situations/skirmishes with the ability to make tactical plans around the map your playing in that would not be possible with the larger amount of ppl in RBG's i.e just having some ppl constantly defend.

Would really consider rolling a rogue especially for this format, since the versatility they bring to small scale pvp like this is so good for the class.
    Exactly. It looks like a mix between Arena and BGs, with more tactical maneuverability.
    I don't have the bluepost at hand but I remember it being well received, by the blues and the player base.
    I'd probably enjoy playing it.

Absolutely YES! I was loving watching the Double Rogue action on both teams go at it. Just as long as its 4DPS+2Heals ONLY, any other combo just ruins it.

can somebody link me to this 6v6? :P there is bloody hours of footage of the tournament! can't sift through it all :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
    would u guys want a 6v6 battleground for the next expansion yes/no thought's?
    Might as well do Arena at that point. So no.

EDIT: Since people are talking about the special thing maybe I should watch it and it might change my answer...for now I am sticking with my initial response. The objective would need to be something that warrants it and not just the standard base capture or CTF we have now. Sure there is stuff outside those 2 but every BG for the most part is built around those 2 basic concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    can somebody link me to this 6v6? :P there is bloody hours of footage of the tournament! can't sift through it all :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_QU...gyBS8Zu87Etk4-

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely yes. Hopefully it replaces rGbs ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    Just as long as its 4DPS+2Heals ONLY, any other combo just ruins it.
    lol lol

4 tanks 2 heals, go go go

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Idk how Blizzard would really make a Dota 2/LoL style map work for battlegrounds, but if they could make it work, I think a 6v6 that way would be awesome. As an arena, it probably would be fun, but I don't care enough about arenas to say yes or no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    lol lol

I remember facing 5 holy priests in Wotlk, their team was named "We have all day". And... Yeah...

Also try to imagine 6x blood dk.

No, I'd like a 100 v 100.
    I want 100v100 Deadmatch on the Ring of Valor. 50 players spawn in the one pit, 50 in the other. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Idk how Blizzard would really make a Dota 2/LoL style map work for battlegrounds, but if they could make it work, I think a 6v6 that way would be awesome. As an arena, it probably would be fun, but I don't care enough about arenas to say yes or no.
    You haven't even watched the footage, have you?
    That's -5 points for hufflepuff.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prandoff View Post
    You haven't even watched the footage, have you?
    That's -5 points for hufflepuff.
    The America vs Europe footage? Yes I did watch it. The giant circle jerk that was going on in twitch eventually made me turn it off. As far as 10v10 maps going 6v6 I wouldn't be overly fond of it. I was under the impression that OP meant a new battleground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    The America vs Europe footage? Yes I did watch it. The giant circle jerk that was going on in twitch eventually made me turn it off. As far as 10v10 maps going 6v6 I wouldn't be overly fond of it. I was under the impression that OP meant a new battleground.
    That, of course, is possible, too. 6v6 just seems so specific, given the current event.
    Battlegrounds weren't tailored for so few players, although it can apparently work out. True enough though, it would be so much better if they'd introduce actual small-scale BGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol lol

2 rogues 2 tanks 2 heals on FC maps could be funny. even 1 mage 1 rogue 2 tanks would be annoying as fk.

As long as it doesn't touch existing BGs, just keep it to RBGs or another format. I hate arenas and I don't want more arenas in forms of pseudo-arenas.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I want 100v100 Deadmatch on the Ring of Valor. 50 players spawn in the one pit, 50 in the other. Wouldn't that be awesome?
    Oh yes. I actually like the insta queue coliseum nights, just a 25 man brawl. But bigger... BIGGER would be the tits.

Yeah, I'd like a 6v6 map, preferably about half to 2/3 the size of WSG, so bigger than a standard arena, but smaller than WSG.

I think it would introduce a new dynamic for forming a team, since 2 healers and 4 DPS may not be optimal.

I'm not a fan of the huge combat matches anymore because they're just death on melee and that's all I play. I don't have fun darting in, casting a flame shock and lava lash, and then hiding behind my ranged while I spam fire nova. If I wanted to play a ranged, I'd play ele.

I'm all for organized larger scale pvp.

as long as you can get out of the 'meta' of it.

i HATE HATE that my skill isn't half as important as what class I play. if they can make it large enough so that you bring good players rather then the best comp (or at least make it competetive!) then i'd be happy