Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Insecurities seem to hold people back in life.

I oftenly notice how other people seem to be insecure about almost anything and this also seems to be holding them back in life.

The insecurities seem to vary between almost anything you cant hink of. Let me give some examples:

- Afraid to talk to a group of people (most obvious one, everyone knows people like this).
    - Afraid to speak their mind about a subject.
    - Afraid to call someone over the Phone.
    - Constantly seeking approval from others.
    - Seeking affirmation for a purchase they made (can be anything from clothes to a certain brand of product).
    - Attatching their feelig of selfworth to how "well" they do on social media (like, shares, fishing for reactions etc.).
    - Attacking things others do because it differs from what they do and are afraid it makes them (feel-) less about themselves.
    - Blaming others for their own failures in life (succesful people, gouvernments, friends/family etc.)
    - Not going for certain goals/dreams because of how negative your thoughts are.

While a bit of insecurity is okay to deal with, a lot of it in certain areas can pretty much ruin your life.

Do you have any insecurities, how did you develop these and do do/did they influence your life?

10+ Year Old Account
    You pretty much covered all of mine with the first 5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    You pretty much covered all of mine with the first 5.
    What so you think actually developed this in you?

I'll just say, I agree with the title, based on my own experiences. I don't feel like going into details however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    What so you think actually developed this in you?
    Rejection. Most of all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Rejection. Most of all.
    I personally find rejection something interesting.
    It actually scares some people and motivates others.

I guess it's all about finding yourself and working on a feeling of self worth. I hope you can do that too!
    (Try watching some video's on Brendon Burchard's channel on Youtube if you got time to spare)

10+ Year Old Account

I guess it's all about finding yourself and working on a feeling of self worth. I hope you can do that too!
    (Try watching some video's on Brendon Burchard's channel on Youtube if you got time to spare)
    Well it's all about the right mindset. At some point I stopped giving a fuck because nothing matters. Makes living much easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about you OP, what are your insecurities?

100% rejection can be fairly defeating.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idiocy about being not attractive enough is the main thing I see in people.

For me, failure, definitely.

I had real insecurities about my body when I was younger. I was always a fat kid and to be honest I never saw myself as attractive enough that anyone but a utter slob would want me. I changed shorty after highschool though I realized that the army was really one of the few places I could succeed and worked out constantly for six months before enlisting.

I don't think it was really until a year later that I realized I had gotten into amazing shape and it changed my entire outlook on how I viewed myself and well to be honest other people. I started to pursue attractive women rather then looking for the... less appealing ones in a bar.

To be honest I'm not sure I ever got over my insecurity I just changed my body though hard work so it no longer existed. I will never allow myself to become like i was when I was younger again I delicate a hour and a half to exercise each day regardless about how I am feeling.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    - Seeking affirmation for a purchase they made (can be anything from clothes to a certain brand of product).
    I did that with my car. I was more seeking that mythical "women will totally care" thing, though. Now I enjoy the fact that I have a car that actually suits my favorite hobby. I go to every local autocross, hit the track as often as I feel comfortable affording. Totally worth it, but I certainly didn't initially buy it for that.

Deleted
    Insecurities seem to hold people back in life.
    I think you might be onto something here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    How about you OP, what are your insecurities?
    Well, now that I actually am making myself think about the subject I cae to some insights myself.

At first I wanted to claim I don't have any insecurities. I am very confident, stoic even, and I'm oftenly just fearless in whatever I do.

But... I do have insecurities. I only ever worked for someone else once in my life and I really hated the power that person had over me when they fired me while I actually did a really good job.
    So I guess I developed an insecurity right there when I started to think about my future/career and the fact that this can happen at any time, for whatever reason.

Since then, I am very driven to be "my own man" as much as possible and starting my own businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    100% rejection can be fairly defeating.
    This. I'm not afraid of rejection, I'm just tired of it.

Deleted
    I'm a sociophobic. Why? Twelve years of constant mobbing will do that to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Exystredofar View Post
    This. I'm not afraid of rejection, I'm just tired of it.
    When you know the answer is no, why try?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

For introverted people, insecurities might be a large thing that holds them back. For extroverts, being reckless might hold them back.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Society turns people this way. Unless you're one of the few that seems to luck out at everything it's hard not to become this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    When you know the answer is no, why try?
    That is just silly and negative. It's like saying "We all eventually die, so why even bother trying to live"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.