Can I use already existing memory with new ones?

So I am planning on upgrading to 16 gigs of ram. Planned on getting this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231568

However I am curious.. Will my current memory work with it if I wanted to? It's not my intention to use all of them, but i mean if its possible.. I may as well do it. This is the current memory I am using. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231314

I am not too tech savvy. I know how to build PCs and what goes where. But as for compatibility I am still not key on. I rely on forum boards before I make purchases so I am here.

As far as I can tell from the two they're exactly identicle. Except for the timing? Not sure what that is. But my old memory has its timing at 9-9-9-24-2N whereas the new one is 9-9-9-24. Not sure if this has anything to do with them working together, but again its the only difference I can see.

If they do not work together it is fine. Again I just planned on upgrading to 16 as for 8 is kinda pushing my limit these days for what I am doing. If they indeed won't work together I just want to be sure it can work with my current Mobo? current Mobo is the ASUS Z87-A using the I5 4670k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually never seen the 2N, granted I don't look at RAM all that much.

Yes you can use it. The timing is similar other than that 2N, not sure what that is again, but if anything modern motherboard tends to automatically downclock the faster one to match the slower one. Technically best practice to buy and use the ones in sets and nothing else granted I'm already using a two set gimpoid already. A Corsair vengeance set overclocked (cause lawl it's actually 1333MHz and not 1600MHz despite advertised as 1600) and a G.skill sniper set.

Deleted
    Your 2nd link doesn't work so i assume you got the usual red ripjaws? If so they should both be the same with 2N according to manufacturer. The "n" has to do with correcting some ram error or something along those lines i guess you can google it to find what exactly it is. In either case say you got 1 red kit and 1 blue kit, the important thing is to use each kit for each ram channel. Like blue/red/blue/red or red/blue/red/blue.