Thread: Buffs

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlo View Post
    My highest parse for heroic mannoroth was when I was 710 in the first week of heroic progression.

When your entire raid is 725 (and can play their classes well), come back and tell us how well necrotic plague is working out for you.

To be fair when I hit mythic mannoroth I expect NP to dominate for a while, until we're all 735 and then we'll suck again.
    don't use np, problem solved

15+ Year Old Account
    No new stuff for DK's at Blizcon! they needed to balance it out to keep DK's happy.

I am very excited to try these, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by androlite83 View Post
    The buffs are so little, so late. At start of progression, I was third in the DPS ladder. Now we cleared 13/13H HFC, I'm at the bottom of the raid. Everyone's doing 70-80k+ and I'm stuck at 55K dps with the same progression and ilvl 713. We are dual wielding yet Xhul'horac has not dropped a single str weapon yet, the drop rate is so bad that all the raid members already has a 715ilvl or better weapon and I'm stucked at 710/705 since the start of the HFC.

10% buff means instead of 55k I will be doing 60k and still lagging a big chunk from the rest of the raid. We are planning to merge into a mythic raiding guild in another server when 6.2.3 hits, the raid leader there already said only our top 5 dps raiders will enter their team, meaning I will be stranded without a progression raid group with 13/13H cleared, so does that mean I should end my sub? The future is so bleak for DK.
    I mean honestly dk's are in good shape right now and are almost required for some mythic fights(gorefiend, xhul, manno). That other guild is dumb for saying only top 5 dps gets a spot, comps plays a major role on mythic when you get to the harder bosses. Dk's dps is not anywhere near the top except for mythic gorefiend but we are still middle of the pack. Also there's always something that you can improve, dont blame the class, find what problems you're having and do some work to fix them. If you want post your logs in the fix my dk dps thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    A buff to DC could probably work, but a buff to EDH would have to be in the form of enhancing a class-specific interaction like allowing Necrosis to stack it. As it is, with the buffs, specs like Ret are already in a strong enough state that a say 15% buff to EDH's damage would put them over the top.

I generally think the buffs are nothing more than a PR move, really, or they'd have addressed the fact that Arcane mages essentially do more damage in their openers than most specs do in the first minute or two of a fight. The tier is a shitshow for class balance and these buffs really need to be accompanied by some really fucking heavy-handed nerfs to at the very least mages and rogues if they're to be taken seriously as an actual attempt at improving class balance.
    Totally agree with you on the EDH part, miscommunicated my thoughts, but yes allowing necrosis to stack EDH would be nice, would make EDH useful for UH. But they could also fix the censure interaction with EDH for ret pally and then either buff it back to 50 stacks or adjust the numbers, to make it good.

Also these buffs are just to bring necroblight playstyle closer to BoS on ST/cleave situation. Atleast thats what i think.

Deleted
    Honestly the likely net result of the buffs just is that DW Frost ends up being best for longer fights. It gains more from the buffs and more from the availability of 10+ iLvls for EDH and DC.

Unholy seems like it's only going to be "the spec" for short fights where the opener is all-important now.

Well keep in mind that with the ilvl buff fights will be even shorter, so UH BoS will still be better than frost on ST fights, maybe even 2-3 targets cleave. For AoE no idea, necroblights is already getting weaker every week due to how fast adds are dying so for longer fights like manno i could see frost doing good, maybe even archi. For xhul i could also see frost doing great