Angry Ele shaman pvp the struggle is real

Im literally so sad about ele shaman i could not play once arena in Wod... the best ele shaman is about less than 2000 rating in 2v2 made me sick. I hope they will really fix pvp in legion like they said.. after 10 years .. how can you made a class suffering that much during an entirely expansion it make no sense, is this really hard to buff a class. Dont tell me it because they balance class around pve because even shaman ele or en suck at pve since wod came out. suck it blizzard
    Sorry for my rage but im literally mad at blizz

Deleted
    Two days ago and the day before that, I was watching a Twitch stream. Resto druid streaming 3v3 arena (Minpojke).

The first day, he was playing with a frostmage and an elemental shaman. They played the druid's rating up from 2880 to 2968 on the first day, the shaman being elemental during all of it.

The second day, he played with the same elemental shaman, and a warrior. They tanked their rating up more from 2968 to 3001 in less than an hour.

Obviously, my mind was blown, because like you, I thought elemental was destined to be doomed in WoD. Wanted to check the elemental shaman's rating in 3v3, so I looked him up on armory. Although on armory he shows up as playing enhancement, I can say with 100% certainty that he played elemental for all of those games that I watched, from 2880 up to 3001 (Minpojkes personal rating, I didn't know the shaman's rating yet). That shaman is currently ranked #3 in the whole EU ladder at 3101 rating (of any class), and is the top shaman.

Probably depends on the people you play with, but here's an elemental shaman getting 3101 rating, sporting the third highest rating of ANY class in the entire EU. So, yeah. Armory specs can be deceiving, it may not show the spec they played arena in.

Here's the links to both streams:
    1 nov (00:43:30 onwards, 2880-2968) (pay particular attention to the game that starts at 01:51:28, it was truly epic)
    2 nov (2968-3001)
    Last edited by mmocbc5645dc6c; 2015-11-04 at 09:33 AM.

Also they don't care about balancing 2s and they've said as much.

Quote Originally Posted by wunsh View Post
    Dont tell me it because they balance class around pve because even shaman ele or en suck at pve since wod came out.
    You haven't seen Paragon's world first on Imperator, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Also they don't care about balancing 2s and they've said as much.
    I understand they care less about 2s than 3s and it make sense. But its not like it was near balanced when the best ele shaman is ranked with a 2000 rating
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/2v2 The first one play resto.
    Like many people said ele role in 3v3 is a big part of healing and cast free lava and dispel so yeah it make the class really boring to play...

The problem is too many nerds lose their load over what some other nerds say.

Ele isn't as broken as people think. I'd argue it's OP in a lot of ways and if played right.

It's like any metagame, the overused classes are overused but that doesn't mean lesser used choices can't completely wreck an unprepared team. I always like to reference smogon and competitive Pokémon in general when I can. But I bring NU weezing and druddigon onto my OU team and most opponents either don't know howto counter or didn't build their team with a counter for these odd pokes.

Played 1900-2kish RBGs with an ele on our team, and he was dominant, UA lock to keep his flame shocks rolling and he was just blasting their team all game (since they were ignoring him for whatever reason, training a healer letting ele freecast lol).

I just got my ele to 729 ilvl and rape random BGs. Granted they are just random BGs and I have a gear advantage over most players in there. But I don't think I've ever not been top damage horde side since breaking 725 ilvl.

And then I try to que up for a no voice yolo and I get someone other than the group leader whisper me and say "lol you play ele you're a baddie" to which my reply was "I'm not gonna waste my dk on some scrub yolo"

But still, the point is nerds over value what other nerds say. If you enjoy the class anything is viable/playable. It's just sometimes hard to overcome prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by trevoroxx View Post
    The problem is too many nerds lose their load over what some other nerds say.

Ele isn't as broken as people think. I'd argue it's OP in a lot of ways and if played right.

It's like any metagame, the overused classes are overused but that doesn't mean lesser used choices can't completely wreck an unprepared team. I always like to reference smogon and competitive Pokémon in general when I can. But I bring NU weezing and druddigon onto my OU team and most opponents either don't know howto counter or didn't build their team with a counter for these odd pokes.

Played 1900-2kish RBGs with an ele on our team, and he was dominant, UA lock to keep his flame shocks rolling and he was just blasting their team all game (since they were ignoring him for whatever reason, training a healer letting ele freecast lol).

I just got my ele to 729 ilvl and rape random BGs. Granted they are just random BGs and I have a gear advantage over most players in there. But I don't think I've ever not been top damage horde side since breaking 725 ilvl.

And then I try to que up for a no voice yolo and I get someone other than the group leader whisper me and say "lol you play ele you're a baddie" to which my reply was "I'm not gonna waste my dk on some scrub yolo"

But still, the point is nerds over value what other nerds say. If you enjoy the class anything is viable/playable. It's just sometimes hard to overcome prejudice.
    Thanks for your answwe mate.I was more talking about getting serious arena rating with my friend but i know that i cant do it with ele, sure u can have fun and reach near 2000 rated in rbg but still shaman is not good in high rating becasue people know what they do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wunsh View Post
    Thanks for your answwe mate.I was more talking about getting serious arena rating with my friend but i know that i cant do it with ele, sure u can have fun and reach near 2000 rated in rbg but still shaman is not good in high rating becasue people know what they do
    With the right people, it is viable, so... see my previous post..