ISP and connection issues.

So for the past few months now I've had the oddest internet trouble. At the beginning of the year, I didn't have this issue and I've got a pretty good reason to believe it's on the end of my ISP, who just won't listen.

My internet works fine, it works well, but on the most random occasion it will simply stop working unless I reset it. Another strange thing is the wireless will stop working, but I'll have internet through a wired connection.

And sometimes I'll be online, but completely unable to access the router through the browser.

My ISP, TDS Telecom, has swapped routers for me and it's still an issue. I've made it apparent to them but I'm kind of honestly tired of talking to someone in Jamaica who only had 20 minutes of training and chickenpecks at a keyboard while I wait for 20 minutes for them to go through the same song and dance like last time.

Originally I thought it was the lease failing to refresh for me but that proved to not be true.

It's honestly quite bothersome to have to reset my router on a random and inconsistent basis. It's cut into my raid time and makes me look bad in front of my guild.

I've already eliminated the factor of it being on my end since all the wiring was replaced a year ago and worked properly, and still does. We also have a new router and afterwards it's still an issue.

I'm still convinced it's on their end and they just don't care anymore. I'd love to swap to a new ISP, but they're my only option sadly.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you can't access the router from the browser then that's something on your end, not something on their end.
    It's the weirdest thing. It's VERY inconsistent. Sometimes I can after a few hours, and sometimes I cannot. Should I request another router?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you can't access the router from the browser then that's something on your end, not something on their end.
    The router I have is an Actiontec GT784WN. It uses custom installed firmware from my understanding. However I did follow your advice and updated the firmware. I'm online so that's a plus. I'll see how the firmware holds out.